Tom Cruise appreciation thread

ShadowBoxing said:
That and he is a smoking, drinking, gambling, party machine

Screw all that, he is freakin married to Jenny G. :( :( :mad:

Honestly? Jennifer Garner being married to Ben Affleck probably decreases my chances with her about 1%.

plus if they have a son he's gonna grow up and play Superman in 30 years.

She will fall for me eventually, I am not worried...at all.

Tom is eccentric but I think being a public figure has turned his odd moments into a mythological proportions :o

Calvin said:
She was good, but I didn't feel the emotional punch with her as I did with Cruise's breakdown. Plus, he was pretty freakin' engaging as the more hardcore anti-feminist version of Hitch.

:up: I could see that. I could still agree that his co-stars have a tendency to outshine him a little bit at times; this doesn't take away from his obvious talent. Aside from that, he automatically gains respect for doing his own stunts virtually unlike any other American or English actor in the business. (Excluding the known martial artists who segued into films; I was speaking exclusively of a comparison between American or English thespians.)

he's just the new guy to go after now, its cool to hate Tom. Years ago it was Affleck and now Tom :down:

Sava said:
he's just the new guy to go after now, its cool to hate Tom. Years ago it was Affleck and now Tom :down:
I guess that makes liking him the new elitist position, which I'm comfortable with.

See there's not too many actors I do like and would see a movie just because they are in it.

I think Harrison Ford is the man but I don't see every movie he's in.

Erzengel said:
See there's not too many actors I do like and would see a movie just because they are in it.

I think Harrison Ford is the man but I don't see every movie he's in.
There was a time when I would have, but certainly not these days.

Honestly I couldn't think of a current actor to even compare to Ford so I had to choose Ford. :(

I like some of his movies and think his characters are cool but I'm blaze' about him as a person. I neither like or dislike him.

I'm not really sure how I feel about Ford as a person. I like that he's an alcoholic, but he can seem really boring and put-out sometimes..

Ford gets a free pass for his years of service. :o

I agree the Affleck hate is stupid but Tom Cruise has achieved the Mission: Impossible: Piss away a credible career

This movie star will self destruct in 5 seconds *cues MI theme with soundbites of Cruise laughing hysterically on a loop*

Calvin said:
Also, Collateral, Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, Jerry Maguire, Rainman, even Last Samurai was fun as hell.

Also, he was on Scholastic's The Magic School Bus :up:
I nearly cried at the end of that.

I like Tom. I think he's just very eccentric when it comes to Katie, Scientology etc

Ronny Shade said:
Who doesn't like Tom Cruise? Raise your hand.
*hand shoots up so fast that the air pushed up from the hand goes out into space and falls through tom cruises roof and lands right infront of him* Damn so close!

Tom seems to be doing more public relations by revealing more details into his tough childhood. Good move?

Erzengel said:
Ford gets a free pass for his years of service. :o

Of course he does. He was Han, Mr. Jones, and Jack Ryan. That's so cool it defied previous theories on the limits of superstar status, therefore rocketing him to uber-cool. He doesn't even work that often and he still gives better performances than a lot of these alleged "thespians."

Hell, if you take a leak, zip up your pants, put the toilet seat down, and wash your hands afterwards, chances are, you've given a better performance than anyone in a Uwe Boll, Schumacher, or Chris Robinson film.:o

*edit* now that I think about it, you could add people like Schwartzenegger, Vin Diesel, and the Wayans brothers in there as well.

Saki....SAKI!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh...howc an anyone still say Top Gun is good. It's aged horribly, it's incredibly cheesey, and there's so many homoerotic undertones it's not funny.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Tom seems to be doing more public relations by revealing more details into his tough childhood. Good move?
No, god damn attention ****e is what it is.

Equinox said:
tomcruisesouthpark.jpg
Yes it changed my life

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back