Tom Hardy as the Kray twins in "Legend"

Schlosser85

Civilian
Reaction score
Tom Hardy is in talks to star as both brothers in Legend (working title), which will chart the tortured and unique relationship between gangsters Ronald and Reginald Kray, the identical twin brothers infamous for their criminal exploits in London during the 1950s and 1960s.

According to sources close to the British actor, the project is one of several The Dark Knight Rises star is considering. Currently in development, the production is aiming to shoot in the UK later this year.

I watched a documentary about these guys a while back. It was pretty crazy. Both were violent gangsters, but Ronnie was significantly worse than Reggie.

This could be a good vehicle for Hardy to show his range, playing two different characters in one movie. One Kray was straight and the other gay, and one was quite a bit loonier than the other.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/tom-hardy-in-talks-to-play-both-kray-twins/5068015.article?referrer=RSS&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=1%26WT.tsrc%3Dtwitter%26WT.mc_id%3Dtwitter_twitterfeed_latestnews

Last edited:
I'm always down for Hardy playing some crazy gangster anyway. And here we'd get two for the price of one!

Last edited:
I wonder if it's the same one as the WB project that Bale was supposed to do back then?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=352263

Funny reading that thread now since Hardy was suggested too as the other twin. Wonder if he's still doing the Al Capone one?

Cicero seems to be in the same development limbo as Hardy's Splinter Cell movie, though there's talk that Splinter Cell might film this summer.

A lot of Hardy's upcoming projects seem up in the air though. Maybe because his schedule is so cluttered.

every 4 years Hardy needs so play a crazy gangster. haha :)

he is so good with those crazy eyes.

every 4 years Hardy needs so play a crazy gangster. haha :)

he is so good with those crazy eyes.

tumblr_la2ukhZEP91qd9vcjo1_400.gif

Ronnie was the crazier one. Ended up in Broadmoor. Hardy could be amazing in this. The Take was awesome.

Yes! Someone else who has seen The Take. That miniseries was brilliant and Hardy was amazing in it.

Hardy is playing a gangster opposite Cillian Murphy in the season 2 of the BBC's Peaky Blinders as well.

I hope Hardy does this. I think it could be a great project for him. He's awesome at playing crazy gangsters, and playing two different characters in one movie could show his range, which I think gets underrated by people sometimes because they see him as these burly tough guys.

:applaud

That's actually really clever!

It's the actual reference Jay-Z and Kanye were making when they did it on Watch the Throne. Some have confused it as an abbreviation of "crazy".

tumblr_n70956ICXL1qde7iyo1_1280.jpg

totally going to run the other way if i see a guy like this walking towards me. hardy's stare is downright frightening

For some reason in the pics with the coat and scarf and gloves and glasses, he slightly reminds me of Michael Pitt as Mason Verger on the Hannibal TV series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"