Tom Welling as Superman Manips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the cape which is merely tuned inside out, nothing else is changed. Not even the belt as some firmly believed. I wish they'd change it back to the classic one.

yeah I agree but oh well:csad:

supermanreturnsnw04.jpg

Last edited:
yea the cape doesn't look like the shower curtin thing from sr. But we do have to remember the sr suit was only used as a prop from archives for lazarus. We have no clue what final suit tom will wear will look like. I personally hope its all new. But my guess they may have/are styling partially off sr suit with there own stuff/material and all that.

According to Smallville Wikia; the cape is suppose to be the cape Clark got from the Season 7 episode "Action". While that actually being what we're seeing is like the suit itself on the show; we don't know yet. But as for the suit, the only thing we know so far is that the suit is brightly colored, includes a yellow "S" on the cape, and the symbol is SR which is why they choose the SR suit to begin with. I just hope we actually see Tom/Clark AS Superman on the show because, regardless of the show's premise of "...before he became Superman", the show has changed so much since its conception that I just see this show as a Superman origin story for television; he just has to appear in costume in that two-part finale (which will be a two-part finale).

I agree but they better not screw it up.:cmad:

Last edited:
ya i really cant wait to see how the final suit will look like and on tom. I am sure we will see him wear it. which i still hope will be for a good portion of the finale episode. I still hope it will be more then a identical looking to SR suit. Sure they used it as a prop in lazarus but hopefully they make some changes to sv verison to make it its own thing. I also still firmly believe it will be there own suit and not just borrowing SR suit from archives again.

It's funny cuz if somebody told me that it was Tom in the SR suit or no suit I would take it because that's how badly I want to see him in one, I really hope they don't use it though! It is the ugliest freakin thing! I mean everything is wrong with it!

srUntitled2.jpg

srUntitled4.jpg

srUntitled5.jpg

I tried, guys. I can't do this well comapred to others with what I have.

I'm liking the top 2, they look the most like what we saw on the show

I still hope in the end tom suit is more to it then mostly replicated sr suit.

I watched Superman the movie the other day, and I think i realized why the \S/ logo was probably so small in SR. In the original movie when he raises his arms, the logo becomes distorted because of the fabric. I think they made the logo smaller because its a separate piece. If it were any bigger, it probably would become "disconnected" around the edges, due to the fabric stretching.

Just a thought.

Well you would have to go as singer/his costume folks on all the silly design elements they went with in sr.

Hey Steve, could you do one where nothing has changed ("S" is still the same size, the "S" is still on the belt) but the color like you did?

P.S. What do you use and where can I get it?
Sure man I can do that for you, & I use Adobe photoshop CS4

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks Steve.

This helps prove a point I just had: we wanted the "S" to be enlarged (and a non-S Belt), but that first manip Steve did didn't quite look right. Now with those things back in, and the colors brighten, I guess the thing is that you can't change the size of the "S" because it fits the suit, otherwise its weird and out of place.

P.S. its not a jab at Steve, it was just that I noitced something was off and that referred to the suit itself, not the man's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"