• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tom Welling as Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I should get some kind of medal for having to go over to that site and do this, but here is what Pat is referring to....

According to Steve (from you know where so take it as you will):

**UPDATE**

Since I barely have enough time for my own website let alone try and look at others, I have no idea if this has been announced anywhere yet. So if it has, great. If not, yay for me...

1. Tom Welling has not only signed for a 9th season, but a 10th as well.
2. Discussions have been taking place to transition the show into a full blown Superman series as it's been 13 years since we had one and WB wants talk of Welling and the film franchise to die off quietly. I was completely dead on with my assumption that Doomsday being buried was a set-up for next season. They have something really huge planned.
3. The suit was designed and would have been in the final episode if they did not get a 9th season, but Welling apparently now feels it should not be brought into the show yet. This could change if it goes all out Superman.

So says Exec Producer Brian Peterson....

Link: http://www.savesuperman.com/home

Now I feel all dirty...:woot:....:csad:

At this point Bruce Wayne has a better chance of showing up on Smallville then seeing Tom Welling wear the suit & the odds suck for both of them

& keep your pants on fannies I am using Bruce Wayne as an example

Last edited:
I really can't see Tom agreeing to do a superman show after this. I call bull!

If Tom keeps agreeing to say yes it will eventually have to become a Superman show. It would suck if this lasted as long as the Simpsons & he is still not Superman

**UPDATE**

Since I barely have enough time for my own website let alone try and look at others, I have no idea if this has been announced anywhere yet. So if it has, great. If not, yay for me...

1. Tom Welling has not only signed for a 9th season, but a 10th as well.
2. Discussions have been taking place to transition the show into a full blown Superman series as it's been 13 years since we had one and WB wants talk of Welling and the film franchise to die off quietly. I was completely dead on with my assumption that Doomsday being buried was a set-up for next season. They have something really huge planned.
3. The suit was designed and would have been in the final episode if they did not get a 9th season, but Welling apparently now feels it should not be brought into the show yet. This could change if it goes all out Superman.

So says Exec Producer Brian Peterson....

I think there is too much wishful thinking here: yeah sure the whole fake Jimmy thing and Doomsday being buried alive is one thing and it aligns to some sort of comic continuity but we have to be pratical when it comes to business.

They can't make a Superman show with the kind of budget Smallville has these days: CW doesn't have the money and it would have to go to another network and so far the only one which I think could pick up something like this, is NBC.

Can other network advertise this like a new show?

Then Tom's thinking: he's going to play a character for 15 years (something like that)? I Think the only reason why Tom signed for another two years it's because of the world's economical crisis and with no Tom, no Smallville. Tom must have felt the weight of having of people working for the show and suddenly, it could mean no more work.

Then what about the others? Michael, Erica, Annette, Michael Mckean?

They can all say: sure, just give the people money but in Tom's case, it would have to be some really large amount of money. I'm betting the new contract Tom has signed, must be paying him a ridiculous amount of money.

As much as I want Tom in a Superman show, I want the rest of the Smallville's cast as well: it would be unfair if TPTB would recast some roles...

But again it sounds too much wishful thinking.

I think with the whole Doomsday/Jimmy thing something is up, hopefully they are realigning with the comics because they plan to use Tom in the new movie but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Superman series would be true.
Warner knows that as much as they try to force feed other actors in the role, there are still legions of fans that call for Welling to be taking on the mantle and every new actor would have to be compared to him. They may think that by throwing us a bone in the form of a new Superman show would shut us up. I say it will only get worse as even a single shot of Welling in the suit will be a PR nightmare for Warner Bros. and any new actor they choose to eventually replace Routh.
Something is definitly up.

Something is up and it wishes and dreams...Smallville doesnt the budget to do a Superman show the way it needs to be done. I the WB cared about the "legions" of Welling fans then he would have been cast in Returns. Smallville is a cash cow and they are going to milk the viewers for as long as they can on the promise that one day he's going to be Superman.

Now that the show has been moved to Friday night I doubt it will return for a tenth season.

At this point Bruce Wayne has a better chance of showing up on Smallville then seeing Tom Welling wear the suit & the odds suck for both of them

& keep your pants on fannies I am using Bruce Wayne as an example
well we heard various lines talking about Batman and Gotham and there was three characters that remind me of Batman(Green Arrow, Angel of Vengeance and Adam Knight)

Last edited:
I remember references to Gotham but not Batman...

Now that the show has been moved to Friday night I doubt it will return for a tenth season.
I'm not sure where you got this info - but I've not seen it reported anywhere that SV has been moved to Friday nights.

It would be the dumbest thing ever to move your highest rated show to the deadest night of the week. Even CW isn't that stupid (/hopes).

Something is up and it wishes and dreams...Smallville doesnt the budget to do a Superman show the way it needs to be done. I the WB cared about the "legions" of Welling fans then he would have been cast in Returns. Smallville is a cash cow and they are going to milk the viewers for as long as they can on the promise that one day he's going to be Superman.

Congrats, In the span of just two sentences you've completely contradicted yourself but yet also answered your own question. :up:

Ok, I should get some kind of medal for having to go over to that site and do this, but here is what Pat is referring to....

According to Steve (from you know where so take it as you will):

Link: http://www.savesuperman.com/home

Now I feel all dirty...:woot:....:csad:

If you were WB and you were planning to launch Smallville into a Superman TV Series, nevermind a 10th season of Smallville, would your move your show to Friday night....

This is my lame attempt at what I thought I'd see at the end of Doomsday this season. I wanted him named Superman & for his letter to get published as he asked Lois to do. Could have been done better with better hands I guess, but I did what i could.

Steve

If you were WB and you were planning to launch Smallville into a Superman TV Series, nevermind a 10th season of Smallville, would your move your show to Friday night....

No...but don't tell you know who that.:cwink:

Congrats, In the span of just two sentences you've completely contradicted yourself but yet also answered your own question. :up:

How did I do that????
My post was on two subjects..Tom Welling being cast as Superman in the new movie because of the fans and the show becoming a Superman show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"