Tomb Raider: Underworld (PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS)

I was a huge fan of TR: Legend and Anniversary, and I'm really looking forward to TR: Underworld.

The only thing that bothered me about the demo was the clunky camera. Sometimes you can't even see where you're about to jump.

^ I had that same problem and so did many others, it's not that bad though. If you leave the camera alone, it'll fix itself and show you where to jump.
Is this game going to address what happened in the end of TR: Legend?

Definitely. This game takes place right after Legend and will answer the questions it left, it'll also have some connection to Anniversary, but you don't need to play that in order to understand the story (it'd probably help though) as there'll be a recap video to watch in the extras menu.

NICE, I HAVE THE GAME PREORDERED, I HAVE ALL OF THE PREVIOUS GAMES, SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE!!!:D:up: BLAS YOU OLD SCUMBAG,:oldrazz: I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU IN A WHILE, HOW'S IT GOING DUDE???:D:up:

Hahaha really good, my man....you? :up:
Just debating which games I'll be getting.
I think I'm gonna go with CoD:WaW and TR: Underworld.
I'll be getting Mirror's Edge when it becomes cheaper, since it's a short and strictly single player affair.

블라스;15955590 said:
Hahaha really good, my man....you? :up:
Just debating which games I'll be getting.
I think I'm gonna go with CoD:WaW and TR: Underworld.
I'll be getting Mirror's Edge when it becomes cheaper, since it's a short and strictly single player affair.

I'M GOOD, YEAH I'M PRETTY MUCH BUYING 4 GAMES A MONTH TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THE RELEASES, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!:mad: IN OCTOBER I BOUGHT LBP, SPIDER-MAN: WoS, SOCOM BUNDLE, AND SAINTS ROW 2 CE!!!:D:up: IN NOVEMBER I BOUGHT RESISTANCE 2, NARUTO: UNS, MK VS DCU (RESERVED), AND TOMB RAIDER:UNDERWORLD (RESERVED)!!!:D:up: IN DECEMBER, I HAVENT DECIDED YET BUT IT'LL COME TO ME!!!;)

Are you also getting MK vs DC? Sweet, I actually can't wait for that one.
I played R2 at Futureshop, it's really good.
What's coming in December anyway? :huh:

블라스;15955961 said:
Are you also getting MK vs DC? Sweet, I actually can't wait for that one.
I played R2 at Futureshop, it's really good.
What's coming in December anyway?

YEAH I PREORDERED THE COLLECTORS EDITION, THIS WILL ACTUALLY BE THE FIRST MK GAME I PURCHASE, I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!:D:up: THERE ISN'T MUCH COMING OUT IN DECEMBER EXCEPT PRINCE OF PERSIA, BUT I'M GONNA BE PICKING UP SOME OF THE GAMES THAT CAME OUT WITHIN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER THAT I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PICK UP YET, SUCH AS BIOSHOCK, FALLOUT 3, DEAD SPACE, CALL OF DUTY: WAW, AND MANY MANY MORE!!!;) I WENT TO PICKUP MY COMICS TODAY AND WHAT SHOULD MY BEETY LITTLE EYES SEE THAN A NOT SO SHINY CARDBOARD BOX FULL OF TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD ACTION FIGURES, NEEDLESS TO SAY I SNATCHED ONE OF THOSE BABYS UP AND IT NOW SITS DISPLAYED RIGHT NEXT TO KRATOS AND ALTAIR!!!:D THE FIGURE'S AWESOME, IT'S 7" TALL AND IS REMINICENT OF MCFARLANE FIGURES, YOU KNOW THAT ALMOST STATUE LIKE QUALITY, IT'S AWESOME!!!:D:up:

41kbsuksFrL._SS500_.jpg

Can you take pics of her posability and stuff outside the package? I've been thinking about picking her up but she looks like she's in kind of a meh pose.

Can you take pics of her posability and stuff outside the package? I've been thinking about picking her up but she looks like she's in kind of a meh pose.

SORRY I CAN'T TAKE A PIC, BUT THE FIGURE DOES HAVE A BIT OF ARTICULATION IN HER WAIST AND THE BOOTS AND ARMS, HEAD AND HANDS, ALTHOUGH THE POSE IS PRETTY MUCH WHAT YOU SEE!!!:yay: IT'S STILL A GREAT QUALITY FIGURE AND LOOKS MUCH BETTER THAN THE PICTURE I POSTED SO I RECOMMEND IT, IF YOU'RE A BIG TR FAN LIKE MYSELF!!!:D:up:

I had no idea a demo was released for the PC. Downloading right now

that fiog actually looks decent unlike the others where her face was always messed up

I played the demo and kind of liked it. I'm wary of all the control changes and sprinting and all that junk. The older TR games started to go downhill real fast when they strayed from that basic control formula of the first couple games. In addition, Lara felt sort of... weird to me. Bouncier than in Legend or Anniversary or any prior TR game. Anybody else know what I'm talking about?

I felt the bounciness was toned down from TR: Legend.....her movements seem a little stiffer to me....

That looks pretty sweet. I'm glad they're embracing the idea of changing Lara's clothes to match her environment again. I remember playing through Anniversary and right from the start, seeing Lara run around the frozen tomb area at the beginning in a sleeveless shirt and short shorts made me roll my eyes.

Anyway, so long as the gameplay is nice and smooth and there aren't any quicktime events, I'm sure I'll enjoy this TR game like I've enjoyed most of the previous ones. Plus, this one's got Norse mythology. :up:

Quicktime events?

you know, like when there's a story and half way through you have to hit X or you're fighting a boss and then you have to hit certain buttons as they pop on screen, like in God of War for example

you know, like when there's a story and half way through you have to hit X or you're fighting a boss and then you have to hit certain buttons as they pop on screen, like in God of War for example

Oh..ok..I don't mind those all that much....

I hate those. I hate pretty much anything that doesn't let me fully control the character. They're a lame attempt to excuse uninteractive cinematic sequences by forcing a really clunky, terrible method of interaction into them. God of War is basically the only thing that's ever done them well.

I hate those. I hate pretty much anything that doesn't let me fully control the character. They're a lame attempt to excuse uninteractive cinematic sequences by forcing a really clunky, terrible method of interaction into them. God of War is basically the only thing that's ever done them well.

you control freak you.....:oldrazz:.....If I didn't know any better, I'd say you didn't like them because you can't hit the buttons fast enough....

I hate them because they're ill-conceived pieces of crap that pull me completely out of the game. I can hit the buttons just fine, I just don't think I should have to.

I hate them because they're ill-conceived pieces of crap that pull me completely out of the game. I can hit the buttons just fine, I just don't think I should have to.

Fair enough....We agree to disagree....

Well, I mean, do you even really like them, or do you just tolerate them? Even if they're not terrible or obtrusive to you, I can't imagine how they really contribute anything to the game or the gameplay experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"