Tomb Raider: Underworld (PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS)

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by uchiha_itachi, Jan 19, 2008.

1. BlackLantern Registered

I don't mind them if they are at the end of a boss fight....or transitioning from one area ot the next....

2. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

On top of that, in most cases, you can't even enjoy the special action scenes, since you're too busy watching for the symbols to pop up on the screen. :down

3. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Exactly. I can't stand those things. Movies or gameplay--pick one and quit trying to mash them together in some unholy hellspawn of crap.

Oh, I thought of one other game that is an exception to the QTE = lame rule: Indigo Prophecy, a.k.a. Fahrenheit.

4. BlackLantern Registered

So Quicktime scenes are the illegitimate baby you'd leave in the dumpster??

5. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

They'd inspire me to be pro-choice if I weren't already. :o

6. The Guardian Forever In Darkness

I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKE QUICK TIME EVENTS, I LIKE THE CINEMATIC FEEL IT GIVES A GAME, PLUS THEY'RE FUN AND KEEP YOU ON YOUR TOES IMO!!!:D:up: BUT I DO AGREE THAT HALF THE TIME YOU MISS THE INTERACTIVE CUTSCENES BECAUSE YOU'RE TRYING TO HIT THE RIGHT BUTTONS, SO IT'S A MIXED BAG AND IT'S EFFECTIVENESS DEPENDS ON HOW WELL IT'S IMPLEMENTED!!!:o I STILL LIKE THEM THOUGH (RUNS FOR HIS LIFE)!!!:twisted::oldrazz::D

7. Balthus Dire Punishment Continues

I actually like them as well.

8. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

They're the bane of my gaming experience. If even one of them worms its way into an otherwise great game, the game drops a couple notches for me. I hate them that much.

9. Balthus Dire Punishment Continues

Well the great thing about opinions is everybody can have one.

10. gtkilla Registered

omgomgomg that was kickass! :wow: I'm so glad they finally showed Natla and Amanda! :woot::woot: They look amazing. <3 The 18th can't get here soon enough!

On the subject of QTE's, I agree with Corpulent. Can't say I like them much either. :p Luckily, there aren't any in this game, at least in the traditional sense. They've replaced them by giving the player full control during those moments and adding slow-mo to give us time to do the right move.

11. Balthus Dire Punishment Continues

Awesome trailer. If only they could've made the films just like that.

12. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Excellent. Does that mean they've taken out the "rage mode" thing?

13. gtkilla Registered

If you mean the headshot move from TR:A, it's still there, but it's different in this one. Shooting enemies will charge up Lara's adrenaline instead of theirs, once the gauge is full you can pull of the slow-mo headshot move whenever you're ready by hitting X or square when you get close. I personally prefer it this way.

14. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I don't know, I kind of liked having to fill the opponent's rage meter. You know the old adage: angry people get sloppy and make mistakes. TR:A's rage meter illustrated that nicely.

15. gtkilla Registered

I guess. But, I like prolonging the combat in TR since it's not used often. TR:A's head shot move kinda forces you to end it early. =/

16. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

You could just not take the shot. I sometimes jumped out of the way of enraged enemies so the slow-mo wouldn't trigger. It only triggers on dodges, I believe.

17. gtkilla Registered

You get knocked down and lose a lot of health by not performing the dodge, I think. Not entirely sure, though. I haven't played TR:A in months. Either way, I prefer it to be manually performed like Legend.

18. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

holy crap the new trailer kicks serious ass!

i played the demo and loved it..

though i dont like how its sometimes hard to move the camera to where u want it and how hard it is to dodge the lions

19. Balthus Dire Punishment Continues

I think the camera will drive me crazy in the full game. I don't like how it automatically centers itself; it's weird.

20. xwolverine2 Arkham Assassin

i hope they also give you a good reason to actually explore or have fun in the croft manor

21. The Guardian Forever In Darkness

I JUST GOT BACK FROM GAMESTOP AFTER PICKING UP MK VS DC UNIVERSE:D:up: AND I TOOK THE OPPORTUNITY WHILE I WAS THERE TO PICK UP THE TRU ART BOOK THAT YOU GET FOR RESERVING THE GAME!!! IT'S GOT SOME GREAT ART WORK IN IT, IT SHOWS SOME OF THE COSTUMES SHE'LL BE WEARING, SOME OF THE CREATURES SHE'LL COME UP AGAINST AND TONS OF LEVEL AND CHARACTER CONCEPT ART, IT'S ACTUALLY GOT MORE THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD, VERY NICE BOOK!!!:D:up:

[​IMG]

22. CTCurry99 Chris

That trailer is crazy, and makes me really excited for tomorrow! BTW, does anybody have a link to the trailer where Lara tells Zip to "Drop it, or I'll drop you." Been looking for it, but haven't found it yet. What's going on there I wonder?!?! :indy:

23. Joined:
    Oct 1, 2007
    I pre-ordered this off steam and got Legend free.
    Good fun but the driving sequences and quicklime event's do feel pretty gimmicky. The camera likes to go AWOL at times also, few times when jumping became a leap of faith.

24. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

That tends to happen in practically every TR game. It's one of those things TR fans just get used to.

I think I'll try this on PC instead of 360. I got that thing that lets my PC use 360 controllers, which are really the only advantage the 360 has over my PC.

25. The Guardian Forever In Darkness

YAY, I just picked up the game,:D:up: I'll post my thoughts in a little while!!!:D:up: