Too CGI heavy?

I think quite the opposite about the Snyder leash. Let Snyder be Snyder and i think we would have gotten waaaaay better fights because taking away his slo mo style killed a lot of potential for different things he could have done with the fight. like for instance...every flight was turbo lol. superman never just lifted off the ground gracefully. it was all...ZOOM!!!!

I mean leash on editing. I wouldn't mind "classic Zack" especially if the sequel has LESS action. I'd also be sad if there wasn't slow motion in World's Finest, so the audience able to see "the pose" freeze framed :)

I thought the quality of the CGI was top-notch, especially for Supes. I did, however, think there was too much general smashing. It undercut the impact of the fight.

I don't even know why this is a discussion. This is a comic book movie and a lot of the things that need to be pulled off are done with CGI. It would be too expensive to build an entire city just to shoot a major motion picture for under $200 million just to trash it for the next film. The use of CGI is the wave and it's only going to get better and more prevalent in future motion pictures.

THIS! Even when some capes and certain elements didn't look perfectly real, the city destruction looked disturbingly real.

Also, some of the explosions in Smallville are real effects, as shown from the behind the scenes featurette I think.

If they used wires it would look stagey. And yes, it is possible to have too much action. Once the stakes start to feel underwhelmed by the fights, it's gone too long. The final fight should have been nearly a half hour shorter.

I'm confused. There's not a half hour fight in this film.

Are you saying the final scene should have been a half hour shorter? Because that wouldn't have worked out well either, structurally or pacingwise.

I think people are really overestimating how long the actual battles were.

This poll confuses the issue. You simply can't pull off effects like that without CG. The issue is whether or not there was too much action. Which happened to be CG.

The CG was almost totally solid, so I didn't mind the overall amount.

This poll confuses the issue. You simply can't pull off effects like that without CG. The issue is whether or not there was too much action. Which happened to be CG.

Yes, there was. It is possible.

I like to think of MOS as two movies. One about Clark finding his purpose in life, the other about how he reacts and handles an unknown threat and how others band together to help him.

If the sequel banks on its potential, we could have a masterpiece. As it is, MOS is still great, just more of a Krypton/Superman story than a true Clark story. I'd rather have a game-changing EPIC sequel than a first installment that is unbeatable.

I immediately thought, "damn, this is pretty loud!" as soon as the Krypton action started. It felt like a Foo Fighters concert in there.

Foo Fighters LOL.

I guess my theater was too quiet :(

It is loud feels more so when last half comes on.

you folks expected it to be shot with practical effects?? This movie looked fantastic!

Too much action in a Superman movie? I'm sorry but that's not the complaint I'm reading from the critics. The complaints are referring to CGI. Not action.

And making a thread called "Was there too much action in Man of Steel?" would make me feel like a fragile faerie.

I thought the CGI was well done it's just that some of the cuts i think especially in the fights became somewhat confusing.

I was checking out some of the gifs in that thread and some of those scenes actually look better there because i actually ended up missing parts of them in the actual film because they went by so fast.

I cannot take anybody serious who complains about CGI in a film about super-powered beings fighting. People complained Avengers had too much CGI and now Man of Steel. It's such an utterly STUPID thing to say that I just face-palm and shake my head.

Face it, we all want to see comic book action on screen. Who wants to see limited, small scale superhero action in an Avengers film? A Superman film? A Thor film? A Hulk film? Such a stupid complaint.

I thought the CGI was well done it's just that some of the cuts i think especially in the fights became somewhat confusing.

I was checking out some of the gifs in that thread and some of those scenes actually look better there because i actually ended up missing parts of them in the actual film because they went by so fast.

This is part of the reason I need to see this film again. :)

I haven't felt that since the superhero flicks last summer. hooray!

I cannot take anybody serious who complains about CGI in a film about super-powered beings fighting. People complained Avengers had too much CGI and now Man of Steel. It's such an utterly STUPID thing to say that I just face-palm and shake my head.

Face it, we all want to see comic book action on screen. Who wants to see limited, small scale superhero action in an Avengers film? A Superman film? A Thor film? A Hulk film? Such a stupid complaint.

I hope you don't think the creator of this thread feels that way. I just wanted to see if it was the common opinion. I for one think both the CGI and the action were spot on.

This is part of the reason I need to see this film again. :)

I haven't felt that since the superhero flicks last summer. hooray!

Yeah exactly i totally need to check it out again. I mean in this scene here there was so much going on so fast i barely realized how freakin cool this actually looked.

cd4.gif

It's actually that annoying shaky cam thing you can see there which confuses things. They should have just left the camera view stable.

Too much action in a Superman movie? I'm sorry but that's not the complaint I'm reading from the critics. The complaints are referring to CGI. Not action.

And making a thread called "Was there too much action in Man of Steel?" would make me feel like a fragile faerie.

Really? Because overblown action is one of the main complaints I've seen both from critics and people on here.

Faora's fighting was so awesome in this movie. Can't get enough of it.

Then read more reviews. Most of the negative ones I've read make the point at least once that it was mostly all spectacle, no soul. I'd link a bunch for you but I really don't care enough to.

Then don't make such a thread?(?)

Really? Because overblown action is one of the main complaints I've seen both from critics and people on here.

Overblown action and overblown sound.. I think this should pave the way for slower-paced, more thoughtful sequences, though MOS is more deep than most critics give it credit for.

I think I'm the only person who actually likes the shaky cam haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"