• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Toy Story 4

He basically sent the toys to their death even after they saved him. Clearly evil.

OK, so what's going to happen
when Andy is back in town and stops by Bonnie's house to say hi and see how she's enjoying his old toys, and he asks to see Woody, his most beloved toy? He's going to be told, "Oh, sorry, Bonnie lost him while we were on the road, we have no idea where he went."

I don't imagine he's going to be happy, especially since he put a lot of stress on how important Woody was.

Sure hope Andy didn't have any plans to ask for Woody back after Bonnie grows up so he could pass him on to his own kids.

OK, so what's going to happen
when Andy is back in town and stops by Bonnie's house to say hi and see how she's enjoying his old toys, and he asks to see Woody, his most beloved toy? He's going to be told, "Oh, sorry, Bonnie lost him while we were on the road, we have no idea where he went."

I don't imagine he's going to be happy, especially since he put a lot of stress on how important Woody was.

Sure hope Andy didn't have any plans to ask for Woody back after Bonnie grows up so he could pass him on to his own kids.

Well that's the thing. Toy Story 3 worked as an ending to Andy's storyline, part of Woody's life with that owner, but with this movie they opened up the scope to tell something about the toys themselves, separating the owner from their own existence. And since the toys apparently can live forever -if properly kept-, they have a lot more stories to tell if they wanted to.

That might be true but it doesn't answer my question.

Andy gave the toys to Bonnie because he trusted her to take care of them. How would he feel if he came back and found out the one toy he loved above all the others is now gone forever? The "old family toy" that was apparently cherished enough for his mother to want to hang on to it? Oops, Bonnie lost it somewhere and apparently they didn't want to look for it like they spent days trying to find a plastic spork toy, sorry Andy.

Andy gave the toys to Bonnie because he trusted her to take care of them. How would he feel if he came back and found out the one toy he loved above all the others is now gone forever? The "old family toy" that was apparently cherished enough for his mother to want to hang on to it? Oops, Bonnie lost it somewhere and apparently they didn't want to look for it like they spent days trying to find a plastic spork toy, sorry Andy.

Andy moved on. And so did Woody.

Exactly. I’m more disturbed by the idea that Bonnie is somehow a god and can create sentient life just by glueing eyes to a spork.

It's implied that any kid can do it. Children are Chtulu.

He basically sent the toys to their death even after they saved him. Clearly evil.
Well by that point, yeah, but it's not like he was a one note character. They established a backstory for him that lets you know why he was the way he was. I definitely think there was more to his character than the Prospector.

That was beautiful... totally cried at the end, was even more emotionally hurtful than when I believed they were going to die in a fire in 3.

Toy Story
Toy Story 4
Toy Story 3
Toy Story 2

My girlfriend pointed out that Boo was at Bonnie’s school classroom.

Oh, and seeing an original Obi-Wan figure was rad.

Last edited:
I noticed that the bottle cap pin from Up was one of the pieces that the sheep brought to Bo.

I think I liked this one the best. The animation was superb and the humor was more to my tastes. My ranking

Bruh, Bonnie is like four years old. These things happen. Andy is a full fledged adult, he'd get over a childhood toy going missing by a preschooler.

Loved this movie. The only thing I disagree with is some reviewers saying "this specifically feels like Woody's movie." It really didn't feel anymore or anyless Woody's movie than the previous three. Woody has always been the central protagonist of this series.

Loved this movie. The only thing I disagree with is some reviewers saying "this specifically feels like Woody's movie." It really didn't feel anymore or anyless Woody's movie than the previous three. Woody has always been the central protagonist of this series.

Whereas 3 felt in a lot of ways like the end of Andy's story (or the toys' attachment to Andy), this one felt like the end of Woody's. In that way it kind of feels even more conclusive because Woody was always the main character.

This definitely like the conclusion to Woody's story and that the film was building towards that. I already have an urge to see this a second time, it's so damn good.

Then he can **** right off because they aren't his anymore. He gave them away.

Was so happy there wasn't a little animated short before this one, was getting pretty close to getting choked up by that dumpling one last time:funny:

Well my initial reaction that this would be more of money grab and quality would noticeably dip was totally wrong.

Another incredible outing from Woody, Bo, Buzz and the rest of the gang. Forky was hilarious from the get go and loved the dynamic of Woody teaching him what it means to be someone favorite toy.

The duck & bunny where comedy gold near every scene they were in and the Benson dolls were pure nightmare fuel for children I imagine lol. I know we were meant to feel bad for her but when Gabi got tossed after taking Woody's voice box nearly had me in tears laughing.

Was glad at the end when Woody stayed with Bo, it felt like he was meant to stay with Bo although that last "To infinity and beyond" between him an Buzz did pull on the heart strings.

Im not gonna say that this should be the end as I never thought number 4 would work but if they do want to make another I struggle to see how it would work as the toys are split up now

I don't think Andy is ever coming back though, that's why I think the ending of 3 was also so great, that was the end of the toys story with Andy and the start of there new chapter with Bonnie.

1. WALL-E
  2. Toy Story 2
  3. The Incredibles
  4. Toy Story 3
  5. Toy Story
  6. Ratatouille
  7. Inside Out
  8. Up
  9. Toy Story 4
  10. Monsters, Inc.
  11. Finding Nemo
  12. Coco
  13. A Bug's Life
  14. Finding Dory
  15. Incredibles 2
  16. Brave
  17. The Good Dinosaur
  18. Cars
  19. Monsters University
  20. Cars 2
Haven't seen Cars 3 but I don't see it entering above Incredibles 2.

Saw it again earlier and I never noticed how photorealistic everything is outside during that prolouge with the RC rescue. They could have stuck live action people in there and it would have worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"