TPBs Bought/Thought Thread

hahaha.

If black-sperm is your thing you are in for a treat.

Black-sperm?!? :eek: Well, I'll go as far as blue, maybe purple, but black? Thats just wrong.

Anyway, I just finished Death: The High Cost of Living and again, Gaimen was great. Nice little story in a "Death Takes a Holiday" vein. Really enjoyed the interaction between the characters. Death is definatly one of my favorite characters. 9 out of 10.

Just got Fables Volume 2, Sandman Vol 8, Superman: Secret Identity, and Promethea Book 3.

I read Superman: Secret Identity first. I came home and my order was her and I just kinda flipped through everything first, but I was intrigued by this book. I read the whole thing in 2 hours. Great, great book. This is the type of Superman Story I love. It involved everything I love about the character. Seriously, great read. Best Superman book I've read scince, "For the Man who has Everything". Great writing, great art, 10 out of 10.

just finished Fables Volume 2: Animal Farm

and it was pretty much what the title stated. A Fables take on George Orwell's Animal Farm novel. Very good. Bloody too. Much like Orwell's book, only with a fairy tale twist. It was also good to see more of the relationship between Snow White and Rose Red. An all around good read. 8 out of 10.

Okay, I completed Promethea volume 3

I really love this series. It's nuts with all this meta physical mumbojumbo, yet, I stayed fully ingrossed in the story the whole time. I gotta say, it even changed my point of view on some things. It's just an increadible work by Alan Moore and J.H. Williams III. In this volume, Promethea went to the afterlife insearch of Barbara (the Promethea before her) and she left her friend Stacia in charge of protecting the world as Promethea, bonding with the Promethea of the 20's, a badass bisexual warrior woman who takes no mess. While Promethea and Barbara explore the metaphyisical world, (which is increadible by the way.) She's trying to take down the schizophrenic mayor of New York who has been possed by a host of demons. It's a great read. Great art, really makes you think. Like I said, I love this series. 10 out of 10.

Promethea_15_24.jpg

promethea17.jpg

Prom16.jpg

I just got done reading Batman: Gothic. A great story written by the brilliant Grant Morrison. I sure hope rumors about Grant and a Kubert brother on a batman series are true.With Dini and Morales on Detective, then maybe it's Batman.

bought:
WW: Mythos
GL: Hero's Quest
jLA: Exterminators
Superman: The never-ending battle
Flash: Stop Motion
Batman: The Stone King

only read Flashes...and that was a good read
cant wait to make time to read the rest

supes_el said:
bought:
WW: Mythos
GL: Hero's Quest
jLA: Exterminators
Superman: The never-ending battle
Flash: Stop Motion
Batman: The Stone King

only read Flashes...and that was a good read
cant wait to make time to read the rest

Those are all novels..Read some

Flash
GL
Superman

I am in the middle of Batman

GL has been my Fav. so far ... I absolutely adored it... Didn't like Superman that much... Flash I liked, but not that much...

Okay, last of my recent order

Sandman:Worlds End, now, this was a good one. Basically it was about two people who crash their car during a snow storm in freakin July. They end up in an inn called the Worlds End Tavern. There they meet a ton of people who happen to have found themselves in the same predicament. Stuck outside of Reality. They pass the time telling stories. And thats pretty much what the whole volume consists of. Strange people telling stories in a Tavern at the end of the world. Great stuff. It started off kinda slow but really picked up around the end of the second story. Favorite story was, i'd have to say the one about the Prez. Mike Allred did the art for that particular story, and that just made it that much better. (Tons of other good artists throughout the volume as well.) Overall, a solid read. 8 out of 10.

Just got four trades in. Arrowsmith, Doom Patrol Vol 3:Down Paradise Way, Astro City: The Tarnished Angel, and House of M. I'll get back with a review whenever I finish one.

I've been a little busy;

Superman Birthright, Maus, Planetary vol. 1-3. Invincible ultimate collection vol1 and trade 4 & 5.

They were all amazing.

I just god Sandman volume four, seasons of mist. Great read.

The deal is, Lucifer quits hell, shoos away all the damned souls and demons, locks the place up, and hands th key over to Dream. A bunch of mythiological figures show up and ask for the key, and Dream has to figure out who to give it to. My favorite parts were the interlude with the thirteen year old boy in the haunted boarding school, and the bit with Lucifer on the beach in Australia. The lines at the end of the one with the haunted boarding school were suprisingly ulifting, and the line at the end of the beach scene with Lucifer simply kicked ass.

Yeah. Anubis rocks. Although, I thought Thor was pretty cool in it. "This is my hammer. If you rub it, it gets bigger. S'true."

I am in th' middle of Sandman vol. 1, and I must say, I am am VERY dissapointed. It came so short of th' high expectations I had for it goin' in, it just doesn't do anythin' for me, and I am not attached to no characters.

Did you get to the part with Dr. Destiny and the diner yet?

The part with the diner kicks ass. It's ****ing creepy.

XwolverineX said:
I just turned 17..

Ah I see. I've always felt that books like, Sandman or Watchmen are books that are more Mature really. I doubt I would have enjoyed it if I had read it at 17, as much as I did at 24 when I actually started reading it. It's a lot more Cerebral than say, I don't know, Ultimates or something. They're really different types of comics, Like comparing director, Martin Scorsese to, say, John Woo. Both Great directors, Both very good at what they do, but they make completely different types of movies. And I don't mean that whole age thing as an insult or anything, i'm just saying that very few people can really get stuff like Sandman at your age. And even if you were older it's not gaurenteed. Some stuff just isn't to everybodies taste and when picking out a comic based on others recommendations you should take that into consideration. The only thing Sandman has in common with a book like Ultimates is that they're both comics. So, I would consider that before continuing to buy the rest of the Sandman series. But, give it time, you could grow to love it. Not very action orintated, but it has a way of really making you think about the world we live in and the nature of dreams and reality.

Hey, I'm 16 and I've enjoyed Sandman thoroughly so far.

I wasn't a huge fan of the first volume of Sandman as well. I think the series really hit it's mark when the Doll's House story started. Oh, and when Death was first introduced.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"