TPBs Bought/Thought Thread

almost done Gruenwalds Squadron Supreme series......one of the best things i've ever read!! It laid the foundations for books like Watchmen and Kingdom come...if you can pick this up I recommend you do so ASAP

Starting this to dip my toe in and see what Transmetropolitan is all about...

51XQHRYSCVL._SS500_.jpg

Started to re-read Y: The Last Man, man I forgot just how good this series was...takes me back to the first time I read it...

Ronin: well this is by Frank Miller and i thought this was going to be like "Samurai Jack" but it's abit completely different. >_> It has tons of dialogue compared to stunning fluid combat which makes me abit disappointed. It's a pretty decent story on it's ownright but it kinda turns very different from a "samurai trapped in a future" plot i was excepting.

Hellboy: Wild Hunt (Volume 9): Now this is what i'm talking about! STUNNING artowrk with fluid combat! Answers are given and new questions are asked! This is really building up for something awesome! Any Hellboy fan should definatly take a look at this. :) I just hope we get continuety on this soon. It kinda bugs me how the early trades didn't really chronologally follow the Nazi storyline but some trades had alot of short stories, which you know was cool too but i am just so anxious for this upcoming War! :D

Ultimate Galactus Trilogy: Now this is what i'm talking about! Warren Ellis (along with Millar writing Vision) giving an epic story that could be titled as Ultimates 1.5 kind of! :D It happens before Ultimates 2 giving a galactic threat when Gah Lak Tus is about to enter Earth! Ultimate Sam Wilson, Marh Vell and Silver Surfer make their appearance! :D The art from Trevor Hairsine, Steve Mcniven, John Romita Jr, Brandon Peterson give stunning fluid combat from failed russian-super soldiers to the Galaktus Heralds! :D Great story with great writing, nice tibdits to Klaatu and other sci-fi pop culture references hehe. :) Really enjoyable and worth a re-read easily!

100 Bullets Volume 12: Dirty and Volume 13: Wilt
As good as any of the other volumes, which were awesome. Though I'm not entirely sure why the subplot at the beginning of book 13 was there.

Iron Man Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Volume 5: Haunted
Probably my favorite of the Knaufs' run that I've read so far; either this or Execute Program. As with the rest of their run, Stark's characterization is really good.

Queen and Country Volume 8: Operation Red Panda
Strong conclusion to a great series. The ending is one that would allow more issues to be made, but is satisfying as the end of the series.

The Immortal Iron Fist Volume 4: The Mortal Iron Fist
The first thing I've read by Duane Swierczynski, and it really impressed me. I liked it about as much as the Brubaker/Fraction books, and that's saying a lot. I particularly liked the Orson Randall one-shot at the end.

Wisdom MAX: Rudiments of Wisdom
The first thing I've read by Paul Cornell, and it also made a big first impression. I love the book's humor, and the issues' plots are very unique. Is this what Captain Britain and MI-13 was like?

^IMO, the last five issues of 100 Bullets kind of fall apart. Other than that, the series was always incredible. Last summer, I sat down at about six in the morning and read all thirteen trades.:o

Anywho, I bought four volumes of Lucifer in the bargain bin the other day. Wonderful series.:woot:

I've only read the first volume of Sandman, but I doubt it can live up to its incredible tie-in.

Oh, it does. Wait until you get to the volume where the devil quits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"