Train fight

Venom75

Sidekick
Reaction score
I watched Spidey 2 for the first time in a while the other day and that whole train fight sequence is still amazing. Even after great films like The Dark Knight and Iron Man have come out in recent times,I still consider that train fight in Spider-man 2 the best action sequence in any comic book film. Anyone agree?
Just the way the whole scene started was awesome just by itself. The music blasting as Spidey returns,swinging through the steel buildings of New York on his way to battle Doc Ock. Then,when we get to Spidey having to slow down the runaway train,well that was and still is, a "hold you breath" kinda moment. Great suspense and drama(although you knew Spidey would save everyone)!

I would stay it still is the best one-on-one fight scene in any super-hero movie to date. Maybe not the best action sequence overall, but in my opinion, definately the best one-on-one fight scene.

Still the greatest superhero fight scene put on film:

Smashey.jpg

You know you have a great fight when every time you watch it(no matter how many times it's been)it still entertains the hell out of you. I could watch that fight over and over and never get tired of it.

The train scene is still the greatest fight scene in comic film history, IMO. :up:

This fight scene is the one TRUE fight scene where we finally see Spider-man BE Spider-Man. Great Choreography...

Ehhhhhh.

I think it's good but I still think it isn't AS good as everyone says it is. It's good, yes...up until Spidey's stopping of the train. I'm sorry, but Tobey's face is laughable in that scene.

I loved that scene!! Anybody think they can upload stills of the fight? That'll be great also i loved the fact that the train scene showed off multiple talents of spidey:strength, web strength, spidey-sense, His muscle tearing,Flexibility, quickness and just having quick reactions. ALso quick question, i have spidey 2 and 2.1 didn't they say that the suit was made out of different materials instead of lycra? ALso the glove and mask was seperate and so was the boots. You can see that on the part right before spidey return where JJ actually feeling sorry for spidey. How did that all stay attached?

This fight scene is the one TRUE fight scene where we finally see Spider-man BE Spider-Man. Great Choreography...
Too true. What's great is there is barely any dialogue in the whole sequence, and that just makes it more intense.

The moment in the soundtrack "He's Back" when it's the very beginning of the fight, when Spidey dives into action, the heavy beats in the music is just epic.

yea nothing as far as superhero movie action scenes go nothing can really touch that to this day....closest thing i can think of is nightcrawler in x2s scene but thats still kinda distant 2nd

I really liked this scene...But if you look at it from the plot's point of view...This is a useless scene given just for entertainment...But still cool!

I really liked this scene...But if you look at it from the plot's point of view...This is a useless scene given just for entertainment...But still cool!
Uh, I think it made perfect sense with the plot. Spider-Man was there to save Mary Jane, and when he found out she wasn't there, that's when Spidey got pissed and went for the kill.

How is it useless? Ock was trying to capture Spidey to bring him to Harry so he could get the tritium.

Its a great fight, I still enjoy watching it even though I've seen the film 20+ times now.

I've never seen anyone praise something & bash it in the same breath.

How is it useless? Ock was trying to capture Spidey to bring him to Harry so he could get the tritium.
Yeah, that too. The two characters have a purpose in this scene, and it's a purpose directly from their heart, which is what makes it so amazing.

I think this is what brought about his gaining the public's respect in 3. How do you villify a guy-revealed in the process to be a young kid-who puts it all on the line like that to save a runaway train? And then he wouldn't even let the people try to protect him, when he knew he had nothing left. Better for me to get my superhuman @$$ whupped than to endanger innocent mere mortals. They should've given him the key to the city for that.

I think this is what brought about his gaining the public's respect in 3. How do you villify a guy-revealed in the process to be a young kid-who puts it all on the line like that to save a runaway train? And then he wouldn't even let the people try to protect him, when he knew he had nothing left. Better for me to get my superhuman @$$ whupped than to endanger innocent mere mortals. They should've given him the key to the city for that.
Hear hear! A guy saves hundreds from going into the river on a runaway train, he gets nothing. He saves a girl falling out of a building, he gets the key. Yeah, something is wrong here.

Hear hear! A guy saves hundreds from going into the river on a runaway train, he gets nothing. He saves a girl falling out of a building, he gets the key. Yeah, something is wrong here.

LMAO! Excellent point.

And he saved all those kids in the tram in SM-1.

Yet somehow it was believed that he went on to murder an innocent businessman in his home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"