Age of Extinction Transformers 4 Twitter Reactions/Critic Review Thread

It was disappointing.

6/10 and I'm being fairly generous.

Forbes
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...xtinction-is-the-ultimate-transformers-movie/

I’ve always appreciated Bay’s presentation of the mechanics of the Transformers, the way things can gradually descend into increasingly chaotic clockworks of shifting metal and gears, until the destruction and the transformations lose themselves in one another. This time, however, Bay tries a different approach, because here the character of the Autobots are so well-defined and because there are such clear visual cues to distinguish between the different sets of robotic lifeforms. The result is the cleanest and most accessible visual style of any Transformers film. And it’s particularly important because the action is so much more expansive and prolonged this time around. As I said before, visually and for the robots themselves, this is quite simply the ultimate Transformers movie.

My favorite of the series remains Dark of the Moon, and it’s easily the best written entry and has the best characters with the most resonant character arcs. I’d rank the first Transformers as my second-favorite and second-best written entry, with the second-best characters and arcs. But if you’re looking for the film that makes the Transformers the real main characters and gives them the best part of the story and the best, most resonant arcs, then Age of Extinction is your ticket. Meanwhile, if you already know you don’t like these films, and if you didn’t enjoy any of the others to begin witih, then it’s unlikely you’ll care for this one.

The Wrap
http://www.thewrap.com/transformers-age-of-extinction-review-clang-clang-clang-went-the-robots/

Even with all this cutting, “Age of Extinction” lasts a posterior-punishing 165 minutes, which is a lot of time to spend watching Wahlberg give his most embarrassing performance since “The Happening,” Peltz becoming another in the franchise's series of pneumatic sex-doll heroines, and Stanley Tucci as a Steve Jobs type who yells things like “Algorithms! Math!” at his underlings.

Throw in the usual dollops of macho posturing (Cade and Shane fight over Tessa until they finally bond over firing big guns together), casual racism, and sexism (the women here are either slinky supermodels, overweight caricatures, or annoying senior citizens), and you have yourself yet another “Transformers” money-making machine. It's no doubt going to be good for business, but it's yet another paper-cut on the soul of the movies.

NY post
http://nypost.com/2014/06/26/transformers-return-and-its-a-decepti-yawn/
This series was never good, but it was once fun, or at least flashy. Now that its gears have gone rusty, it’s time for an “Alien vs. Predator” style rethink. It’s lucky that Hasbro owns other properties. How about “Transformers Vs. My Little Pony”?

Currently at 24% RT with 17 reviews. Should be a few more positives added soon.

Last edited:
I like 3D when it's done well. Avatar, How to train your dragon, Tron Legacy. Basically Im asking is it done well or is it mediocre-bad

It's better than Winter Soldier, but not as good as Gravity.

Wow this is Dark Of The Moon all over again it started out with decent reviews and quickly when downhill. The RT rating was at 57% and now it's down to 26% and will probably drop lower.

Critics really hate Bay don't they? Lol well I will still see this overthe weekend. I just hope it's not as bad as Revenge of the Fallen...

Dark of the Moon was one of the best 3D experience i had, was the new film the same?

Critics really hate Bay don't they? Lol well I will still see this overthe weekend. I just hope it's not as bad as Revenge of the Fallen...

Even if it's extremely better then the past two, critics are gonna tear it down. There is no getting away from bad reviews regardless.

Last edited:
Did anyone really expect this to get like 85% positive on RT? :huh: I figured 55% at best.

Was hoping around 40% haha.

Since this is the 4th go around critics are gonna have even less patience.

I was actualy expecting them to have more patience after all these waves of action movies.

I was actualy expecting them to have more patience after all these waves of action movies.

With Michael Bay and Transformers? No way. Those are two things they have always hated.

I think the main thing I see being criticized is the runtime.

I mean of course reviews complain about the standard things that theyve complained about before in other Transformers movies, but A LOT of reviews are pointing out even if you like it 2:45 hours is a long time

I mean of course reviews complain about the standard things that theyve complained about before in other Transformers movies, but A LOT of reviews are pointing out even if you like it 2:45 hours is a long time
Yeah, in the early reviews that stood out, but now most these reviews are just ripping everything apart.

DOTM was 157 minutes and ROTF wasn't a short film, so they complained about the run time on those two quite a bit as well if I remember right.

Last edited:
I sort of love how useless peoples opinions on this movie are.

Yeah, in the early ones reviews that stood out but now most these reviews are just ripping everything apart.

DOTM was 157 minutes and ROTF wasn't a short film. They complained about the run time on those two quite a bit as well if I remember right.

I dont get why he makes these movies so long. The first film didnt seem so long, especially considering it was juggling multiple storylines.

Doesnt this film just mainly follow Wahlberg and crew?

I dont get why he makes these movies so long. The first film didnt seem so long, especially considering it was juggling multiple storylines.

Yeah, the first one was a solid length. I'm not really sure why this one is longer, but I think we get more autobot screentime and personality this time. That may be a reason. Instead of just balancing it between the humans he just added more.

Last edited:

He's spoken about it a few times. Hard to really say. I'm of the impression that he thinks if they are shorter than people will feel there is even less character stuff than there is already. He seemingly isn't keen on cutting from the comedy/action for some reasons(probably cause it's the obvious draw with these).

I do think the critics should focus on dissecting the films pacing if anything. Runtime in and of itself isn't actually always a 'thing'. I remember walking out of Wolf of Wall street and thinking one thing, then learning of the Run time, then reading reviews. All surprising to say the least.

I do always find it odd that fans think they want longer films when really, there is almost no harm from 'shorter' imo.

This might go under 10% on RT. :wow:

Most reviews say it is more of the same but just with longer run time. These movies are never critically acclaimed and I think the long run time could factor into making this the worst reviewed Transformer movie.

Im really having trouble believing this film is worse than ROTF which was made during the writers strike and essentially didnt have a script.

Ill know tomorrow. Already got my tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"