Revenge of the Fallen Transformers or Revenge of the Fallen: Which Was Better?

I haven't seen the movie but i'm going with whichever is less corny.

ARMAGEDDON!

But really I don't know. I mean I think I like the first one better, but the ROTF has Dwight.

Star Trek

(haven't seen ROTF yet either)

On my initial viewing at least, I liked the story of ROTF better than TF1. Along with Optimus' fighting skills being better represented, Megatron/Starscream dynamic being seen, and the humans overall playing a smaller role. On the other hand, I do think TF1 did a better job showcasing the Autobots where I think they all had a moment to shine, while in ROTF Skids and Mudflap ate away a lot of screentime and all the others besides Optimus and Bumblebee suffered for it.

Not just Bumblebee and Optimus, Jolt and Sideswipe literally had zero time.

Yeah, that's what I meant. With the exceptions of Optimus and Bumblebee, Skids and Mudflap took away too much screentime from the other Autobots.

Not just Bumblebee and Optimus, Jolt and Sideswipe literally had zero time.

Well at least with zero time, Sideswipe still had enough time to own that Decepticon in Shanghai. :woot:

That was a hell of a way to start the film.

the first movie IMO made a bigger impact. visuals and action and everything with this is better ROTF. but as a whole movie i think TF is better.i think its better because we get to know the robots.its the whole build up when the autobots land and are introduced. the first transformation from OP is 200 times better. but thats because everythign happens for the first time. the whole Sam and Mikaela story. its just more cute to watch them to get to know each other. here its ''you say it first....no you do it.'' this is not cute anymore.

Last edited:
They also didn't waste too much time on stupid sex jokes and the story as a whole was just clicking better. They build up overall is much better. Autobots and Decepticons duking it out in the town, Bumblebee taking down Brawl (Devastator), the showdown between Megatron and Optimus, Optimus shouting to Sam to push the Allspark into his chest, it was just all flowing so much better.

They also didn't waste too much time on stupid sex jokes and the story as a whole was just clicking better. They build up overall is much better. Autobots and Decepticons duking it out in the town, Bumblebee taking down Brawl (Devastator), the showdown between Megatron and Optimus, Optimus shouting to Sam to push the Allspark into his chest, it was just all flowing so much better.
i agree. the finale in thefirst movie was better written.
ROTF didnt have a lot of structure. it was like all over the place.

the ending was also better in the first movie. it goes from OP talking to the military throwing megatron in the watter and then mikaela and sam kissing and OP calling otehr autobots.. in ROTF its just OP saying some lines to Sam and then boom.......over. like something was missing.
it was to me like a cartoon episode. you know oyu will get the next episode the next saturday. this is a movie. it should have more complex ending.

I think they should've maybe shortened the final battle by at least 5-10 minutes. I felt like it took at least half an hour. So instead of blowing up dozens of Decepticons, they could've spend more time on the battle between the Fallen and Prime, instead of having Prime **** him up the ass with no lubricant, the battle was just that one-sided, and give us a more complex ending.

I think they should've maybe shortened the final battle by at least 5-10 minutes. I felt like it took at least half an hour. So instead of blowing up dozens of Decepticons, they could've spend more time on the battle between the Fallen and Prime, instead of having Prime **** him up the ass with no lubricant, the battle was just that one-sided, and give us a more complex ending.
with better editing the finale could been 15 minutes shorter. i really belive this. if i remember correctly there was tons of footage from the military. really a lot . since the military gave Bay so much in this movie he had to give them a lot of screentime.

They both had their problems, but I gotta say I liked ROTF a lot more

I think the first movie was better. Simply because it introduced us to the concept. Once you meet the Transformers, once the boy has his car, in essence, you cannot meet them again or experience that again in a sequel. There's something lost then.

Granted, ROTF was more faithful, and more Transformer-ish, but I think the first movie was a little better.

ROTF was a complete movie to me and only negative aspects were devastator doing more & megs vader role

The Fallen was tight to me but come on optimus is a prime w/ jetfire combo & the fallen was still picking prime apart

I liked this one for several reasons
1) US Navy represented(im in the Navy)
2) Welker voicing Soundwave
3)more Autobots fighting Decepts
4) Prime whoops a$$
5)Bee whoops a$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member