Revenge of the Fallen Transformers or Revenge of the Fallen: Which Was Better?

First one hands down,

Better pacing, better humour, better acting, better everything.

ROTF was a bloated incoherent CGI cringefest, from inappropriate humour to just plain annoying characters and directionless directing.

I genuinely can't see how ROTF can be more enjoyable or seen as "better" than The Transformers.

LOL

Jesus Christ this movie is has one of the largest splits I think I've seen in a long time.

I'm going to see it this weekend but have no idea how I'm going to feel after hearing all these positive and negative reviews/remarks. A lot of remarks(on both sides of the arguement)tend to contradict the opposite side's opinions. I'm almost fully convinced this film had the largest amount of fans/internet dwellers ever that went in already knowing fully that they would love it or hate it.

The first one.

The second wasn't bad, but it felt more like a cartoon to me. The first had this more impending tone... **** was going down. This one was fun, but that's it.

For me ROTF was better as it did show more of the decepticon side of things.

Even in G1 cartoons I always hated the episodes that were just autobot stories with no decepticons at all.

My favorite character of all time has always and still is Starscream.

I voted First because it was fun i wanted to vote ROTF but the first one will always have a special spot for me.

Granted, ROTF was more faithful,

It may have been more faithful, but that didn't stop it from being a little too long. I like ROTF but that's essentially my problem with the movie. It was too long. Michael Bay needs to learn that if he wants a long movie he needs a story to support it. Everything was fine till they got to Egypt. Once they got to Egypt everything started to drag.

I honestly still cant decide, TF1 had things TF2 didnt and vice-versa, its such a hard choice.

It's is indeed a hard choice, but I'd say Transformers.

I tough the acting was better, and, because of the small number of robots, each had an function in the story. The Plot developed better, because it was simpler, and the battle in Mission City OWNS the battle in Jordan's guerrilha.

My rank:

Transformers - 10/10.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 9.9/10.

well in one hand, i felt TF had more development to the story and the autobots while the 2nd one felt more like a decepticon film, its a tough one, it was great to see Sscream and Megs do their stuff reminded me of G1 cartoon,the forest fight was better than some fights in the 1st movie,but the battle in the city was great, Starscream transforming and shooting those helis, when i saw Megs go at it with Prime for the first time i had a geekgasm,and about the humor i think the first one had better stuff ("No those are 3 claws that Wolverine!! HAHA THATS WOLVERINE")
So i´ll have to say TRANSFORMERS, cause nothing, not even a reboot, will never beat the cheer awesomness of seeing a Transformer in the big screen for the first time.

I liked both equally, they both to me had good amount of action, comedy. Didn't care about the romance, I ignored that part though. I really enjoy Prime/Sam's friendship the most out of all the films, its cute.

First one by a landslide... The bumblebee (robot) and autobot introductions (and the soundtrack) was powerful to me. Just didn't get that in the 2nd.

I'm no critic, I just watch films to enjoy them, but the 2nd wasn't very 'enjoyable' to me, even though it really should have been. Odd.

Very hard decision..

Story line, plot etc...transformers 1 by far.

Character development for certain characters e.g. megs, starscream, optimus, bumblebee, the twins..

transformers two..

I think I felt more content with transformers 1, but I enjoyed transformers 2 more if that makes any sense.

I think they are about equal. the first one had a better plot but I much prefer Optimus' role in this one which had him being the hero not the humans.

The first Transformers hands down. It's like comparing Prime Rib with Prime Rib flavored Spam......but hey, to whomever likes Spam - more power to you.

Last edited:
Gotta go with the First Transformers. It was like watching the first Jurrassic Park, seeing live action Transformers on the big screen was awe-inspiring like seeing live action dinosaurs for the first time in JP. It had a better story, and better characters. Plus it was easier to tell them apart.

Equally good for me. I can't decide which I liked better. There are some things I would change in II (No stupid Twins for example) and probably some I would change in I though.

So torn. At first, I'd say Transformers was totally better. It was the first of its kind after all. But it was also when Optimus Prime became my new favorite character and there just wasn't enough of him, something that part 2 kinda made up for. I think of all the robot glory in ROTF, and it'd feel wrong to say it wasn't at least equally good as the first film in that sense. They're both better than the other in certain ways, but then they're also both worse than the other in certain ways too. T1 had the robot intros and interactions, but T2 had all that glorious visual effects. Optimus Prime taking them all on? Come on.

Gah, so I just chose equally good.

I HATE idiots like you. I fyou hated the original, then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN POSTING HERE?!?!??

I liked ROTF. Much cooler.

How does that make him an idiot? He had his own opinions on the films and he can go whichever board he wants to or he just wants to troll and you fell for it. Here you are the idiot.

Anyway Transformers by a mile, everything about it was better than ROTF. The first film is the Best Picture winner compared to the **** Bay gave us with ROTF.

Don't get me wrong the battles were awesome, CGI was amazing and the score was phenomenal but it was a crappy movie but Bay tried too hard to induce humor when it wasn't needed.

Your innicial statement is true, this is a tough one, i love both movies. Script wise Transformers was better but despite its flaws i vote for RoTF. Hopefully TF3 will have the best of both and be the absolute winner.

Revenge of the Fallen for sure, more robots, more explosions, and Isabel Lucas.:up:

Actions scenes in ROTF are awesome but I prefer T1
Because WTF about Ironhide Ratchet Sidewy n Jolt we dont see them fighting against decepticons at final battle!!! what a shiiiiiit

Just the scene of the autobots arriving to earth (from the time Sam and Mikaela get out of Bumblebee and look up the sky and the music starts, until Optimus starts talking) beats everything in ROTF, even the forest scene. That music, that sense of triumph, awe... it was unrivaled. Pity we didnt have scenes like that in ROTF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"