Revenge of the Fallen Transformers or Revenge of the Fallen: Which Was Better?

Just the scene of the autobots arriving to earth (from the time Sam and Mikaela get out of Bumblebee and look up the sky and the music starts, until Optimus starts talking) beats everything in ROTF, even the forest scene. That music, that sense of triumph, awe... it was unrivaled. Pity we didnt have scenes like that in ROTF.

Yep.. scenes of "Awe".. thats the word im looking for.. lacking in ROTF...
Well, i enjoyed TF1 more in cinemas... but i think i'll have more fun with ROTF on dvd... it has more replay value.

Yep.. scenes of "Awe".. thats the word im looking for.. lacking in ROTF...
Well, i enjoyed TF1 more in cinemas... but i think i'll have more fun with ROTF on dvd... it has more replay value.
IMHO, the only scene that came close was Optimus' revival.

when Sam banged the Matrix into Optimus's chest, i actually laughed for a second.. i dont know why, it just seemed so corny...

The only "Awe" scene i can think of in ROTF is when Optimus parachutes down and says "Im in Pursuit!"

when Sam banged the Matrix into Optimus's chest, i actually laughed for a second.. i dont know why, it just seemed so corny...

The only "Awe" scene i can think of in ROTF is when Optimus parachutes down and says "Im in Pursuit!"

Couldn't agree more. The only instances of awe was the shot you mention of Optimus skydiving onto the scene to decimate Demolisher and the forest battle.

Yeah, i dont know why he shouted before stabbing Optimus with the Matrix. But other than that the scene was awesome. Come on, when Prime gets up, the triumphant music playing loud, and Prime saying: "Booooy..... you returned.... for meeee.."
Awesome!

As for the other scene, it felt cheesy to me. I felt that they had to give Optimus a line to say there, so he says "autobots, i am in pursuit". Yeah dude, we know you are.

I voted equally good, and they were for different reasons, loved the action of the bots and quantity of bots we had in 2, but 1 gave us a more concentrated storyline. TF2 was moving all over the place trying to squeeze in too much in the time alloted and missed some better storytelling chances. IMHO.:trans: but I've seen TF1 over 500X and TF2 4 X, but I will watch both over and over I'm sure.:woot::applaud

Last edited:
Yeah, i dont know why he shouted before stabbing Optimus with the Matrix. But other than that the scene was awesome. Come on, when Prime gets up, the triumphant music playing loud, and Prime saying: "Booooy..... you returned.... for meeee.."
Awesome!

As for the other scene, it felt cheesy to me. I felt that they had to give Optimus a line to say there, so he says "autobots, i am in pursuit". Yeah dude, we know you are.

One could say that the line "Booooy..... you returned.... for meeee.." can also be perceived as corny.

The fact is a good amount of the dialogue is somewhat cheesy but the delivery from Cullen is what makes it so damn awesome.

One could say that the line "Booooy..... you returned.... for meeee.." can also be perceived as corny.

The fact is a good amount of the dialogue is somewhat cheesy but the delivery from Cullen is what makes it so damn awesome.
Indeed.
The line that he says when he is revived came off as awesome to me. He was stunned that Sam joined the fight after all and saved his life. You can see at the end on the aircraft carrier that Prime thanks Sam again, even though Prime has saved him a lot more times.

The cheesiest part for me was probably the final speech. He goes "I am Optimus Prime and i send this message" and i'm like "oh yeah a great speech is coming like in the first one" and then he goes "so that our histories will not be forgotten" and i am like... "what the hell man?"

Many robots in ROTF have been f***cked off
No see Ironhide Ratchet Sideswy Jolt fighting decepticons in egypt so damn
Bay shows us Sam a lot but few times autobots. After Fallen's dead, where 're others autobots??? Optimus and Sam only. Bay doesnt care about autobots

Indeed.
The line that he says when he is revived came off as awesome to me. He was stunned that Sam joined the fight after all and saved his life. You can see at the end on the aircraft carrier that Prime thanks Sam again, even though Prime has saved him a lot more times.

Come on, for the big, awesome, war machine that is Optimus, saving someone is all in a days work. I guess he realises that for a tiny, punny human like Sam, saving him is lot more hard work.

The cheesiest part for me was probably the final speech. He goes "I am Optimus Prime and i send this message" and i'm like "oh yeah a great speech is coming like in the first one" and then he goes "so that our histories will not be forgotten" and i am like... "what the hell man?"

Yeah! I was hoping for another great speach and i got... that... Really, they seem to have told an hour worth of story in the last 15, 20 minutes of film. People have been complaining about the movie being too long but if they had cut a few (not that many) useless scenes and expanded what needed expanding for the story to make more sense and for the finale to feel less rushed, the movie could hit the 3 hour mark and people wouldn't complain. Why not? Titanic and The Lord of the Rings movies were 3 hours long, why not a Transformers movie if thats what is needed for a proper story to be told?

Many robots in ROTF have been f***cked off
No see Ironhide Ratchet Sideswy Jolt fighting decepticons in egypt so damn
Bay shows us Sam a lot but few times autobots. After Fallen's dead, where 're others autobots??? Optimus and Sam only. Bay doesnt care about autobots

As i said above, a longer, less rushed battle would fix this. I mean we get to the end of the film and what do we know about the robots, besides Optimus?
Bumblebee is last seen greeving Sam's death but is not seen again after he comes back to life;
Ironhide was injured in that big blast (we see him jump clear but that's it);
2 bikes are badly injured (only the blue one seems to keep fighting);
Sideswipe is seen firing a few shots but after spotting Sam he's not seen again (or is he?);
Ratchet and Jolt do the Optimus/Jetfire parts mix, both seem rather undamaged;
The Twins aren't seen again after Mudflap shoots Skids in the face;
Wheelie... he's last seen taking shelter with the humans near the pyramids, the night before Sam figures out what the 3 kings are.

That is just a bit too much to leave to interpretation. If nothing else Bay should have done like in the first movie, a shot of the flight deck with Autobots in alt mode (Wheelie humping Mikaelas leg). It would have been better than the rush fest we got.

Last edited:

So what ? that is enough to enjoy us ?

We dont see all autobots together after Fallen's dead, always that stupid bullsh***t Sam so damn!

So what ? that is enough to enjoy us ?

We dont see all autobots together after Fallen's dead, always that stupid bullsh***t Sam so damn!

I don't know where in my post you got the idea that that was enough. In fact, i think i made the exact opposite point. Read the rest.

ROTF for me, I hated the first one and for all its MAJOR problems I thought ROTF was a better "Transformers" movie.

For the following reasons:

Prime was sooo much cooler in this one, I was soooo disappointed in him during the first movie. He just came across as being weak having megs handle him with ease.

Also I loved Starscream and Megs together, reminded me of G1 so it was all good with me.

Finally I felt that they delivered on the action, I wasnt expecting great story line since come on its a Michael Bay movie haha but I thought the action would be on point. Sadly this wasnt the case with TF1, ROTF however more what I was expecting.

Watching TF1 on Blu-ray today for the first time was awesome, but I think, ROTF will be just as awesome on Blu-ray, so they are still equal to me. TF2 did miss some of the magic that TF1 had, but I think that was because TF2 was more of a Decepticon movie, so instead of inspiring awe they inspired fear and evil.

As i said above, a longer, less rushed battle would fix this. I mean we get to the end of the film and what do we know about the robots, besides Optimus?
Bumblebee is last seen greeving Sam's death but is not seen again after he comes back to life;
Ironhide was injured in that big blast (we see him jump clear but that's it);
2 bikes are badly injured (only the blue one seems to keep fighting);
Sideswipe is seen firing a few shots but after spotting Sam he's not seen again (or is he?);
The Twins aren't seen again after Mudflap shoots Skids in the face;
Wheelie... he's last seen taking shelter with the humans near the pyramids, the night before Sam figures out what the 3 kings are.
This kinda happened in the first one also; after destroying Frenzy you don't find out what happened to the hacker chick, Anthony Anderson's character or Jon Voight's character. After that it's like they don't appear again.

Jon Voight's at the end of the movie talking about disposing of the dead robots.

The first Transformers was way better. ROTF is like American Pie with robots.

ROTF has more action scenes than TF, but everything else is inferior to TF. The writer's strike happened when Bay & his screenwriters were beginning to write the draft for ROTF, and I think the movie felt rushed and paid too little attention to story, plot, and character development. Hopefully the 3rd movie will rectify these problems and give us a better movie than ROTF.

According to Orci and Kurtzman a lot was changed and tweaked during the period Michael Bay had his hands on the script they had written.

Not trying to lay full blame on the guy but all the changes for the worse seem to have been made by him (and Kruger).

Either way the overall story was still kind of weak. I just hope that TF3 has a more focused story that doesn't come off as a hackneyed rehash of the first.

I voted equally good, and they were for different reasons, loved the action of the bots and quantity of bots we had in 2, but 1 gave us a more concentrated storyline. TF2 was moving all over the place trying to squeeze in too much in the time alloted and missed some better storytelling chances. IMHO.:trans but I've seen TF1 over 500X and TF2 4 X, but I will watch both over and over I'm sure.:woot::applaud

Though I voted for TF1, this is pretty much how I felt, the first movie felt like the first few episodes of the cartoon, a concentrated story, with a few action scene's but a lot of exposition, the 2nd was more like the episodes we all looked forward to as kids, when everything came a head and all the action came at once.

Okay first of all
they were both good movies
The first one was better,but the first always is better,the speeches were longer which was better
Rotf was good,but it lost me a couple of times,when optimus died i didnt want to watch it anymore,when the main character dies in a movie it makes you sad,but when they die in the first hour it pisses you off,i know it pissed me off.
He is the leader of the team and when he died i was like wtf?i didnt want to watch it anymore,so many things were running threw my head,like so there not gonna do a sequel,sam will die,which he did.BUt when they said they thought they could bring him back i was like okay,optimus is coming back.
But overall i liked them both

ROTF by a million lightyears for me. I hated the original movie, I found it terribly boring and insultingly bad. ROTF was at least entertaining, had plenty of action, I didn't mind the human characters and it was fun in a guilty pleasure sense for me.

for a better MOVIE ,definitely TF1....

for a better EVENT, definitely ROTF...

...i'll watch ROTF definitely a bit when i get the DVD,but i love the **** out of TF1...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"