Tron Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEa i know its pretty hard in today's world for not knowing a film is ongoing and all that. Good work disney keeping things hidden. I cant wait to see this any word on when it hits? 09/10? I really need to go watch the first again been so long since i seen it.

Now this is purely awesome, so happy they kept this secret because I'd be losing my mind over the hype.

After 26 years, I am HIGHLY doubtful that a sequel is in order.

Wow this is great news, can't wait! It's incredible in this day and age, they were totally able to keep this a secret.

So true i hope that comic con footage comes out legally or leaked would love to see how it looks. Hopefully we get more news on the film soon.

A second Tron would blow my mind. As much as I love Pixar, I feel sorry for kids these days who have never experienced Tron.

A little bit more.

http://aintitcool.com/node/37629
Some details have emerged on that TRON 2 footage screened at Comic-Con!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. After I posted the TRON 2 story earlier in the day, I did a run of 6 interviews, then hit a screening of FANBOYS. I just now got back to the hotel and I found a little info waiting for me in the inbox.
Disney is being incredibly secretive on this. I think they even sent out a statement that said essentially that there is no statement.

But here's what I found out via a source I cannot name, but knew a whole lot about the footage shown, including details that I haven't seen reported yet, so I'm inclined to believe him/it/her:

- The 3 minutes is a promo, not from the film itself.

- It was directed by Joe Kosinski, who is also slated to direct the feature. If you own an Xbox 360 you probably know his work with his awesome CG animated commercials for GEARS OF WAR and HALO 3.

- The footage was originally done to be shown in stereoscopic 3-D, but the right eye wasn't finished in time, so it screened in 2-D.

- The Evil Flynn from the piece, the badass 1982 Flynn that takes a disc to that poor blue bastard, is apparently Flynn's program from the original, Clu, not Flynn himself.

I'm definitely down to find out more, so if you got the scoop, drop me an email.

-Quint

Greetings. The Master Control Program has chosen you to serve your system on the Game Grid. Those of you who continue to profess a belief in the Users will receive the standard substandard training that will result in your eventual elmination. Those of you who renounce this superstitious and hysterical belief will be eligible to join the Warrior Elite of the MCP. Each of you will be given an identity disc. Whatever you do or whatever you learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate de-resolution. That will be all.

That is just awesome you remember that. It doesn't seem right that Flynn would kill another program though, so a virus copy of Clu must be doing the dirty deeds.

In an era of unneccesary remakes and sequels - this is definately a sequel that I will embrace with open arms.

From what I've read so far - I'm so hyped for this movie. The original movie is one of my all time favourites and to see a new movie using all the old famililar looks and sounds but with something new added to the mix, man; it should be really something.

It would seem that Flynn and Clu have taken over the badguy roles of Dillinger and Sark respectively.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if Bruce Boxleitner will make an apperance? Hell, maybe David Warner?

Sounds cool, i hope the footage gets online and we get trailer and more news soon.

I'm excited about this movie yet, I still prefer the old lightcyles over these new ones. Also, I hope the costume designs aren't drastically changed.

Even though I enjoyed the original tron part of me wanted this franchise to be rebooted. The original tron had quite a few flaws. The screenplay was decent but, the execution felt rushed and sloppy at times.

somebody save that vid... it'll be taken offline soon i bet

Cant wait to hear more on the film, whats the story and when it will come out.

I have a little tip for all of you who don't want to lose the trailer, look for the footage on YouTube, then copy it to: http://www.vconversion.com/ which saves the movie to your files so you can watch it over and over again(and you won't have to beg people to "SEND ME A PM, PLEASE!")

damn! that footage (what can be seen) looks great! this movie is going to rock!

Yeah, it looks really great. I like the edgier look Bridges has.

I hope this is in 3d...if there was ever a movie that should be 3d it's this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back