Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery

And it'll end on another 25 year cliffhanger...
That's definitely what I'm expecting to happen.

Also, holy crap at Peggy Lipton. I can't believe she's 70. Still a smoke show at 70 years old.

Speculation on a couple of the mysteries:

1) Richard and Linda the giant mentions in episode 1: Richard Horne according to the credits is the psychotic Frank Booth like character seen in episode 5 attacking the girl whose name appears to be Linda.

Who his parents are is up for speculation but perhaps Audrey and doppleganger coop? (A storyline Kyle McAchlan is known to have nixed in the original series due to moral qualms as well as perhaps cast drama but fitting then that doppleganger coop could've gotten with her before vanishing).

In episode 2, Bobby mentions something about Chinese drugs so seems Richard is involved with some criminal element paying off crooked cop Chad who may get entangled in having to deal with the situation of Richard causing a scene in the bar before realizing Linda witnessed the money hand-off causing a missing person.

The 430 is perhaps the place (room number at the Great Northern?) she's held or a time something bad supposed to happen...

2) Something Missing: It seems obvious the thing missing is the 315 room key at the Great Northern Coop wasn't able to return that Jade mails back in episode 5.

Something related to Hawk's heritage perhaps refers to the place in which chief Joseph evaded capture of his tribe by being led through a tunnel within a mountain in which a river normally flows as mentioned in the book. Perhaps the area right above where chief Joseph disappeared is the Great Northern and area beneath is an entrance to a White Lodge? I remember thinking season 3 would sort of go in this direction and as this season never happened way back when perhaps a white lodge will be introduced in the return series? From the white lodge comes the antithesis of the Doppleganger which is what has been missing with cooper.

Are we sure the girl Richard Horne was basically assaulting was the Linda the giant mentioned?

Last edited:
Well after episode 6 just aired, it now appears the Linda mentioned by the giant is the injured wife of Mickey from Fat Trout trailer park where Carl from FWWM lives (complete rundown on Carl character in book who along with log lady and 1 other character were abducted from a class field trip as kids; seems be attuned to things like log lady is also to some degree). Guess we'll find out more of her background along with her connection to Richard in a later episode.

The Nez Perce reference Hawk finds refers back to the tribe led by chief Joseph. Theory on Note: Book describes the broken promises and rough transition this tribe had; guessing the letter is from a person working at a plant making the door describing personal hardship and family history similar to a message in a bottle or those stories we hear in the news about a chinese worker putting a message in a shoe describing the labor conditions. Hawke noticed this cause a coin fell out of the door it seems.

As for the episode itself definitely more questions. Coop seems to be drawing a path to left or right of the staircase leading into a hole. White and Black lodge maybe?

Last edited:
I'm finally caught up but this is how you do a revival. I can't think of a better one than this at the moment. This has not disappointed. It's interested in the new and isn't dependent on what you already know. It's great storytelling. Lynch is finally back.

I like it, but I've definitely grown tired of Dougie Cooper. If he spends the whole show like this, I'm going to have a conniption.

I like it, but I've definitely grown tired of Dougie Cooper. If he spends the whole show like this, I'm going to have a conniption.

That's the only thing that's sort of dragging for me. I'll see where it goes before I fully judge. I love the idea of Cooper finding himself again, but we'll see where it ends up.

Saw this on reddit. Horrifying.

08PaQwH.jpg

Yeah, Cooper needs to snap out of it already...
I so thought we were going to get Audrey last week.

"A Lynchian Odyssey"

IMG_0514.jpg

Last edited:
so yeah, that was the greatest hour of tv i've ever witnessed.

cliff notes version that others have theorized:

- the nuke bomb allowed the lodges to enter (or manifest) itself in our world

- the "mother" (the white created in the box and the thing making the banging sound in episode 3 where cooper was in those weird places) created a bunch of evil spirits including bob

- the giant was alerted about the evil. he creates laura and sends it to the world to combat it. the giant could be god or at least a caretaker of worlds.

- the woodsmen are evil spirits. the poem on radio was a way to have people pass out so the frog creature can find a host - which leads me to believe it's bob and not laura.

- the little boy and girl could be anyone we already know (sarah and/or leland palmers, cooper's parents, or some random host).

cliff notes version that others have theorized:

- the nuke bomb allowed the lodges to enter (or manifest) itself in our world

- the "mother" (the white created in the box and the thing making the banging sound in episode 3 where cooper was in those weird places) created a bunch of evil spirits including bob

- the giant was alerted about the evil. he creates laura and sends it to the world to combat it. the giant could be god or at least a caretaker of worlds.

- the woodsmen are evil spirits. the poem on radio was a way to have people pass out so the frog creature can find a host - which leads me to believe it's bob and not laura.

- the little boy and girl could be anyone we already know (sarah and/or leland palmers, cooper's parents, or some random host).
The little boy and girl are Log Lady and Carl, based on Secret History of Twin Peaks.

This show does not disappoint. What a hypnotic, mesmerizing and visceral display of artistry and mood that entire episode was. It gave me chills. Elusive, yet I got a deeper, richer understanding of everything in Twin Peaks lore. Lynch walks that line better then anyone.

Last edited:
The little boy and girl are Log Lady and Carl, based on Secret History of Twin Peaks.

I originally assumed the two kids were Carl and the Log Lady, however, the nuclear test took place in 1945 and the Log Lady was born in 1940. The age of the Log Lady doesn't seem to match up with the girl from the episode.

Also, I lol'd when I saw this:

fsd1nOs.jpg

Also, having to wait two weeks for the next episode is going to be agonizing. Especially after watching last night's episode.

Last edited:
I originally assumed the two kids were Carl and the Log Lady, however, the nuclear test took place in 1945 and the Log Lady was born in 1940. The age of the Log Lady doesn't seem to match up with the girl from the episode.

Also, I lol'd when I saw this:

fsd1nOs.jpg

Also, having to wait two weeks for the next episode is going to be agonizing. Especially after watching last night's episode.
NongEyeGong, many elements don't line up between Twin Peaks, Fire Walk With Me, and The Return. Specifically, the timeline for Laura's diaries/secret diaries and when she wrote the entry about Annie and those pages were ripped out and placed in the door of the sheriff's department bathroom.

My point is this, there's bound to be some timeline continuity errors. Or as David Lynch would say, continuity schmontinuity.

NongEyeGong, many elements don't line up between Twin Peaks, Fire Walk With Me, and The Return. Specifically, the timeline for Laura's diaries/secret diaries and when she wrote the entry about Annie and those pages were ripped out and placed in the door of the sheriff's department bathroom.

My point is this, there's bound to be some timeline continuity errors. Or as David Lynch would say, continuity schmontinuity.

Touché. I understand where you're coming from. Especially considering that BOB himself was a "happy accident" from Frank Silva accidentally trapping himself on set and Lynch decided to roll with it. Hell, same goes with the subplot about Colonel Brigg's body seemingly still in his mid 40s when he should well be in his late 70s.

Mark Frost made it sound like timeline errors are intentional when he was talking about The Secret History of Twin Peaks months ago. We'll see...

Touché. I understand where you're coming from. Especially considering that BOB himself was a "happy accident" from Frank Silva accidentally trapping himself on set and Lynch decided to roll with it. Hell, same goes with the subplot about Colonel Brigg's body seemingly still in his mid 40s when he should well be in his late 70s.
I mean even Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had continuity errors in Sherlock Holmes. Sometimes you just have to accept some things don't line up and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"