Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery

Scrolling down Spielberg's IMDB trivia page, and...
He was a big fan of Twin Peaks (1990) and he was set to direct the first episode of the second season of the show before David Lynch decided to direct the episode himself.
tumblr_inline_ogrzjewo9B1r2nw87_500.gif

As much as I loved this season, it still has its problems here and there. Even if it showed the audience where Andy and Lucy were in their lives, stuff like Michael Cera showing up and not going anywhere is where it gets indulgent. But David Lynch indulgence is at least interesting.

That's my issue with the whole thing, though not necessarily Cera. At least that bit was funny.

I have no qualms about how it ended. It's Lynch. Anyone who watched the original/Fire Walk With Me/Mulholland Drive/Eraserhead/etc. should've known what they were walking into. This thing wasn't getting wrapped up in a tidy little bow. I can even forgive the overabundance of Dougie, just because it did yield some funny moments and made Cooper's return even more heartwarming.

I'm less forgiving of a five minute long scene of two meth-head girls at the Roadhouse, who as far as I can remember had not appeared before and didn't appear again, talking about some characters we never even met (again, as far as I can remember) and just... that's it. A couple of randoms we've been given no reason to care about eating up screentime while we don't even get a GLIMPSE of Audrey until, like, episode 12.

Stuff like that was definitely a negative for me.

Ugh, Lynch.

I mean, he's a 72 year old white man, so the odds weren't in favor of him having the best political views, but still.

Now people who lauded Lynch and hailed him as an artist can disown him and say he was never good in the first place because he has different views than them. So much for tolerance.

Yeah, and nobody cared to read the context of the quote in the original source/article and it's proliferated into its own entity. Or they saw the context and chose to latch onto a fragment of that quote. Or aren't aware of context and only saw the fragment. Either way it's disturbing.

It's this **** that really worries me. Robbing things of context in a homogenized media that greases the wheels of people lacking critical thinking. Metal Gear Solid 2 had it right. Have we learned nothing from this election?

What he said was Sarandon-level stupid, and we're allowed to call him on it. It doesn't mean I'm setting fire to all his works that I previously loved.

What he said was Sarandon-level stupid, and we're allowed to call him on it. It doesn't mean I'm setting fire to all his works that I previously loved.

I don't think it was. You saying because he's 72 years old and white meaning he has bad politics in itself is prejudicial.

He was hardly declaring his undying loyalty to Trump or saying he has dragon energy.

I'm not gonna pretend Lynch is smart politically; in fact he probably is as ill informed as much as any person in Hollywood, but if we look at what he meant, he clearly didn't say it in an appraising way or in support of him. It just appears that way when one sees it out of context.

I'm not gonna pretend Lynch is smart politically; in fact he probably is as ill informed as much as any person in Hollywood, but if we look at what he meant, he clearly didn't say it in an appraising way or in support of him. It just appears that way when one sees it out of context.

People definitely took his quote out of context.

Damn sad day. Loved her work on the show. Had no idea she was even sick. I feel terrible.

We’re lucky the Twin Peaks revival filmed when it did so we could get most of the original cast back. Just in the past two years...

RIP Harry Dean Stanton, Catherine Coulson, Miguel Ferrer, Warren Frost, Peggy Lipton

RIP another great cast member.

271835212_14c5820d2c.jpg

Last edited:
“Twin Peaks: From Z To A” Is The Mother Of All Twin Peaks Box Sets

Twin Peaks: From Z To A, a deluxe 21-disc collection of everything Twin Peaks plus over 20 hours of special feature content will be available by the end of 2019!

This worldwide Blu-ray only release includes every ‘Episode’ and ‘Part’ of all three seasons of Twin Peaks, the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me feature film and its deleted scenes called The Missing Pieces. On top of over six hours of previously unreleased bonus content, it will also include the special features from Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery released in 2014 as well as Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series from 2017. The set is limited to 25,000 copies worldwideand will first hit U.S. and Canada on December 10, 2019, followed by an international roll-out on yet to be announced dates.

Several weeks prior, on October 15, 2019, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment will also release Twin Peaks: The Television Collection on Blu-ray and DVD, which includes all three seasons plus previously-released special features.

twin-peaks-from-z-to-a-television-collection-785x411.jpg

Nice looking set, but I really don't think I got enough enjoyment out of The Return to justify spending whatever that will end up costing.

Just finished season 2 of this on Hulu. Absolutely love this show. Never seen it before, but it was always high on my list of things to watch. I powered through this pretty quickly. I had seen the prequel movie years upon years ago, but just never got around to watching the series itself. I have to go back and watch the prequel movie again, but really wishing I had easy access to the limited series right now. I know I can easily get it once either of the sets come out, but having just finished season 2, I sort of wish I could just go right into watching that now.

Nice looking set, but I really don't think I got enough enjoyment out of The Return to justify spending whatever that will end up costing.

The behind-the-scenes footage makes it worth it to me.
"Who gives a ****ing **** how long a scene is?!?"

I just finished the limited series. Man, is there a lot to unpack with the show. I strongly feel the urge to watch the entire thing from beginning to end again. What I love about this show is just how detail-oriented it is. You really have to pay attention to what you're watching with almost anything David Lynch does, but in the environment of the show that just leaves so much to unpack. Whenever I re-watch the show I'm going to have so many things to think about as I re-watch it. I know some were disappointed by the lack of answers in The Limited event series, but as with most of Lynch's work, it's less about the answers and more about the journey and the critical thinking behind it. For this reason, I sort of think of everything Twin Peaks to sort of be a masterpiece.

Very sad to hear about Robert Forster. I watched him just a short while ago in Mulholland Drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"