Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Soapy, May 15, 2014.

1. green

green fear is the mind killer

Talk about divisive, there are a lot of people raging on the finale and feeling extremely let down, then there's the critical reaction which has been pretty fantastic. I honestly don't know what people are so upset about...it's like they jumped on this band wagon to watch the show without really knowing or being prepared for Lynch's work.

On the whole I found the Return to be excellent. Frustrating as hell but brilliant in it's execution. Sure there are things like Dougie that I really could have done with less of but I have a feeling after more viewings it won't bother me as much.
    By episode 15 I had a pretty good idea that Lynch had no intention of answering a lot of questions and leaving things up in the air. I just didn't see a whole slew of new ones coming.

As to some specifics. The Richard/Linda thing blew my mind. All this time trying to figure out who the hell Linda was and thinking Richard was Richard Horne. Diane being
    Naido! :wow:
    Cooper resetting things, didn't see that coming! Pretty sure that Sarah is
    Judy, especially with her calling Laura at the end and making Carrie scream.
    The little girl that lived down the lane comment by the arm completely threw me for a loop being what Audrey said to Charlie earlier.

Dam I hope we get a 4th season but I'm actually ok if we don't, I don't really need answers to these questions to find the show satisfying.

2. green

My guess is that yes, they are now, wherever and whenever, Linda and Richard.
    Once they hit the 430 mile mark and crossed over they became other people. Same as Laura is now Carrie. When Diane sees herself at the Motel it signified to me her leaving Diane behind and becoming Linda. The sex scene was Linda realizing she was with a man she didn't really know or love, that's why she left. Richard seems to have held on to Cooper somewhat, though it almost seems he's a cross of Mr. C and good old Dale. I'm wondering if his time as Dougie was to prepare him for holding onto his original identity.
    Or I could be wrong. :loco:

3. NongEyeGong

NongEyeGong Big Trouble

Trust me, my friends and I have been talking about the finale all day today. That's the great thing about Lynch, love him or hate him, his works will have you talking for years to come. :funny:

In a sense I suppose you could look at Part 17 as a finale, everybody gets what they want (mostly) and Booper is defeated whereas Part 18 is when the consequences and ramifications of Cooper's actions come into affect and reality settles in.

I'm honestly going to marathon the entire series again here soon. I had the complete series on DVD in the gold box set but I saw the Entire Mystery Blu-Ray on sale on Amazon so I decided to order that since I'm mighty interested in the deleted material.

#753 NongEyeGong, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  4. green

There's definitely some interesting stuff in the deleted material, good choice. I think good art should always make you ask questions...especially ones that aren't easily answered.

Ive heard several people say they felt that way about 17 being the finale, I guess because some things were actually wrapped up that it gave a little closure...maybe.

The new theory that is really sticking with me is that the Cooper we know and love is the one that went home to Janey and Sonny Jim and the Cooper with Diane is the Tulpa made from Cooper. I need to watch it again and I guess pay close attention to his lapel pin as he is coming and going.

5. nite-owl

nite-owl Registered

You know I wouldn't mind another season.

6. Guts

Guts Smug

I hope there is another season so we can find out what is going on with Audrey. But one downside to season 4 is no Albert.

7. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

Lynch had 18 episodes to tie up every last loose string and he didn't. What makes you think another season would resolve anything?

8. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

My head is spinning. What the **** just happened?

I loved it but I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

9. Guts

Guts Smug

He could have ended the series perfectly in episode 18. The final name in the credits is [BLACKOUT]John Hurt and the last scene is John Merrick lying down to sleep. Twin Peaks was just the dying dream of the Elephant Man.[/BLACKOUT]

#759 Guts, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

The emperor has no clothes.

11. Soapy

Soapy Registered

Absolutely loved season 3. Almost certainly my favorite. Having said that, at this point I would rather have a Mitchum Bros spinoff than season 4 tbh.

[​IMG]

12. NongEyeGong

NongEyeGong Big Trouble

The Mitchum Brothers were probably the favorite new characters from the new season. I absolutely loved those two mobsters with hearts of gold. :up:

13. TheBat812

TheBat812 Registered

Like all great art, this has been churning in my head since I saw the last two episodes. What a mind ****. Gotta watch it again for sure.

14. OtherwiseKnownAs

OtherwiseKnownAs Damn fine coffee

I hope Malachlan isn't forgotten next year come Award season.

15. Guts

Guts Smug

If there is a season 4. I hope to see more of the 119 lady.

16. Guts

Guts Smug

17. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

As much as I loved this season, it still has its problems here and there. Even if it showed the audience where Andy and Lucy were in their lives, stuff like Michael Cera showing up and not going anywhere is where it gets indulgent. But David Lynch indulgence is at least interesting.

18. green

I love Lynch's oddball characters that are thrown in for no reason...speaking of which I never really figured out what crackhead 1-1-9! woman was all about.

Not sure if people have seen this yet, it's pretty interesting. It's episodes 17 and 18 played at the same time and there are some major wtf moments that happen throughout. The end is pretty chilling.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=76&v=dk5aBRrHZFY
    There's cursing in the video so I won't post it.

19. Man in the Suit

Man in the Suit Greeting

Blu-ray and DVD - December 5th

[​IMG]

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

I'm just going to take a stab in the dark, but I think it was just to add to the overall atmosphere and the danger of what was going on to Cooper at the time, between the assassins trying to take him out and then placing the bomb on his car. Since they never revisited that, beyond the kid going outside and trying to touch the bomb thing and then the car jackers trying to jack the car and blowing up.

21. green

Yeah it may have just been one of those things. The only thing I can think is that she was possibly a doppelganger meant to watch over Dougie and the 1-1-9 is an alert of some sort. The reverse of 9-1-1.
    Cause that makes total sense. :wink:

Curious to read the Final Dossier next month.

22. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Yeah I think it was just that character sort of alerting everyone that something dangerous was going to happen. Specifically the assassins trying to kill Dougie and then putting the bomb on his car.

23. NongEyeGong

NongEyeGong Big Trouble

Did anybody pick up the Final Dossier? Here's some good tidbits so far...

[BLACKOUT]
    - Sarah Palmer IS the girl from New Mexico that swallowed the bug from Episode 8 and coincidentally her middle name is "Judith".

- Trump has an owl cave ring.

- In regards to Laura, Tammy advises “still unsolved.” No mention of “murder,” “wrapped in plastic".

- "How's Annie?" "I'm fine."

- Audrey is apparently in a private healthcare facility.

- One downside from the book was that there was no information about Douglas Jones, Janey-E or the Mitchems. Perhaps just a happy ending for all of them?

- Albert's final words are amazing.

- What happened to Donna was a bit of a bummer.
    [/BLACKOUT]

As somebody who loved the series, I feel this is definitely well worth picking up. Answers a lot of questions but at the same time keeps some things a mystery. :up:

24. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Nice to see Mark Frost giving some answers. I love David Lynch, but Twin Peaks wasn't only his show.

Divided on Season 3. I disliked what we got from certain characters such as Audrey (knowing where she is does improve my opinion of that though). But that crazy black-and-white episode has to be one of the best episodes of the entire show.

Also, didn't Dale Cooper have a love interest at the end of Season 2? If i remember it right, he got possessed while trying to save her. Any info on what happened with her? Heard she was being pretty much ignored because many disliked that aspect of Season 2. But that sounds kinda weird to do with a character like hers.

25. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

Is The Final Dossier written the perspective of the alternate timeline that was created?

The love interest from Season 2 was Annie played by Heather Graham.
    Apparently she's fine and recovered? But then it never happened, right?