The Dark Knight Rises Two questions... Villains vs. Villains...

And that overconfidence is why they'd lose. Batman was trained by the LOS and he had schemes and he had plans and look where that got him. :oldrazz:

Joker would let Ra's and Bane duke it out and kill the winner. But not before mocking Bane, Catwoman and Two-Face by taking credit for their existence. The only time he has come close to losing was when Harvey's coin was in the air. And even if Harvey did pull the trigger if it landed another way, the Joker still would have won. And nobody seems to see it coming even though it is the only character trait that is predictable.

Ahh, but who's to say Bane would choose to collide with Ra's right away? Remember, Bane (likely) wouldn't want to place his bond/relationship with Talia in jeopardy.

Joker's only offense is unpredictability -- and high-risk comes with the territory. This isn't exactly a situation where The Joker is favored to come out on top. The League has the advantage in virtually every category. The Joker is a severe underdog.

Batman held back, but Bane and Ra's won't. Between the two, Ra's would execute The Joker on the spot -- he'd be disgusted by him.

Last edited:
But don't forget Bruce held back on Bane and to a lesser extent Ra's in those films. Joker also held back on the Batman because he thought he was too much fun. Ra's and Bane have so many rules and want to make some sort of twisted utopia. He would find them as boring as all other non-bat authority figures. And we see what happens in those situations. But Commissioner Loeb also thought it was nothing serious and Harvey Dent felt safe in that car. Things change as it were.

Two-Face would shoot The Joker. (Never bring a knife to a gunfight)

Ras would sneak up from behind and stab Two-Face in the heart.

Bane would snap Crane's neck, fear gas or not.

Bane and Ras would be the two men last left standing. Bane would finish Ras off. That sword would slow Bane down and weaken him, but still, Bane is a beast who can't feel pain. Batman took a sword from Talia and still stopped her. And he's slightly weaker than Bane.

Victor: Bane

Joker also held back on the Batman because he thought he was too much fun.

I dunno if I buy all of that "I won't kill you, because you're just too much fun." or his "HeeHeeHee, I don't wanna kill you! You.. complete.. MEE!" malarkey. Joker was a compulsive liar who changed his origin all the time, and went from wanting to know Batman's identity to not wanting to.

I think he would try to kill Bats.

But don't forget Bruce held back on Bane and to a lesser extent Ra's in those films. Joker also held back on the Batman because he thought he was too much fun. Ra's and Bane have so many rules and want to make some sort of twisted utopia. He would find them as boring as all other non-bat authority figures. And we see what happens in those situations. But Commissioner Loeb also thought it was nothing serious and Harvey Dent felt safe in that car. Things change as it were.

Regardless, The Joker possesses no advantage against The League (especially against Ra's, Talia and Bane). As shown in Begins and Rises, the LoS is highly trained, organized, implemented (into Gotham's system and infrastructure), and reinforced (with resources). The Joker just isn't on par with those attributes.

Batman always holds back in order to prevent killings/deaths but this doesn't affect Ra's and Bane's abilities to decimate The Joker. Their 'rules' revolve around the balance of justice, and The Joker represents precisely what The League is trying to eliminate -- madness, chaos and corruption.

Bane and Ras would be the two men last left standing. Bane would finish Ras off. That sword would slow Bane down and weaken him, but still, Bane is a beast who can't feel pain. Batman took a sword from Talia and still stopped her. And he's slightly weaker than Bane.

Victor: Bane

Doesn't matter if he can't feel pain. If Ra's fights smart and fast enough, all he has to do is cut Bane's muscles and tendons.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at with the question. If you meant a fist fight. Bane would undoubtedly beat R'as and Joker, unless R'as figures out his weakness.

If you mean if they were each given a chance to destroy Gotham and were competing against each other, I'd have to give it to Joker. Like he said himself "look at what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets". He managed to have the entire city under his thumb without the huge resources that we saw both R'as and Bane have. Bane seemed to be helped enormously by circumstance, in that Bruce wanted to build a cold fusion reactor. If given the same resources, Joker would undoubtedly beat R'as and Bane.

As for Scarecrow, Catwoman and Two-Face, Scarecrow hands down. Two Face was a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification and Catwoman was merely a thief. Scarecrow might have been a pawn of R'as but because of R'as' plan he would have had a vice like grip on Gotham's balls. I think making him a small time drug pusher in TDK made him seem so petty after Begins.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at with the question. If you meant a fist fight. Bane would undoubtedly beat R'as and Joker, unless R'as figures out his weakness.

If you mean if they were each given a chance to destroy Gotham and were competing against each other, I'd have to give it to Joker. Like he said himself "look at what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets". He managed to have the entire city under his thumb without the huge resources that we saw both R'as and Bane have. Bane seemed to be helped enormously by circumstance, in that Bruce wanted to build a cold fusion reactor. If given the same resources, Joker would undoubtedly beat R'as and Bane.

As for Scarecrow, Catwoman and Two-Face, Scarecrow hands down. Two Face was a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification and Catwoman was merely a thief. Scarecrow might have been a pawn of R'as but because of R'as' plan he would have had a vice like grip on Gotham's balls. I think making him a small time drug pusher in TDK made him seem so petty after Begins.

The Joker had no intention of destroying Gotham though. He was more interested in society shattering under their own contradictions. If The Joker were given the identical resources The League of Shadows possessed, The Joker's odds would look significantly better, yet it still would come down to who's the superior warrior, and hands down, Ra's and Bane are those paramount warriors.

It'd be R'as Al Ghul, the Joker and Bane against each other as well as Scarecrow, Two Face and Catwoman in their own fight.

Wait Catwoman was a villain in this? A thief is consider a villain when that's nothing compared to what the villains in this series have done. Bane and Talia were the two villains in this movie, so why isn't she on there instead of Catwoman. Makes more since considering she's a warrior.

First question: The Joker is the best villain and will mess with your mind, but hand in hand combat the winner is between Bane and Ra's. Bane is physically stronger, but Ra's is a training master so it's hard to say.

Second Question: We never saw her fight, but Talia would probably beat all three of them being from the LOS and a warrior.

Second Question: We never saw her fight, but Talia would probably beat all three of them being from the LOS and a warrior.

I highly doubt that.

I often wonder to myself, as far as if Heath were still alive and Joker were apart of this movie, how he would factor in...

My theory...

Joker hates authority coming from anyone, good (the police, the government, Batman) or bad (the mafia, Bane, Ra's al Ghul).

Joker would end up turning Bane's Gotham completely upside down just like he did before, and would probably end up becoming the real threat in the third act. He would have one hell of a time ruining Bane's plans, and Bane would regret ever letting him out before the end.

In fact, he would probably assemble an army of his own to depose of Bane, and do everything he could to make sure Gotham remained in a state of complete anarchy.

Bane might be intelligent and a brilliant strategist/tactician (as well as fighter), but the Joker's just too ****ing unpredictable and clever.

Exactly; Perfectly said. The Joker responds well to order; he's a natural anarchist, and thus, would not like order. Bane and Ra's and the League are all about order based on traditionalist principles (which is in direct contrast of the Joker's modernist-based anarchism) so they'd naturally tango. The thing is, the Joker is no idiot. He's gone up against great odds and overcome, it is implied and shown in TDK. He came from nowhere, but under destitude circumstances (the scars, going insane and fixated on the absurdity of life) to controling the mob. He's clever. He'll wait, and wait, and when he has everything planned out, he'll execute. Whereas Bane relies on his brute force as a contingency for his plans (and Bane is clearly intelligent as well), the Joker didn't (but also, isn't afraid of death).

I think The Joker would win.

Regarding the secondary villians, I think it would be a toss-up between Scarcrow and Catwoman; With time and preperation, Catwoman would pwn him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"