Apocalypse Tye Sheridan is CYCLOPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be great seeing the young mains being mentored by the older characters.

Doesn't matter since its defunct now

any film not FC and 1973 parts of DOFP are ilrelvent.We can't even be sure
if Deadpool will be relvent to X-Men films going forward.

Well the set reports did say Quickie knows who his father is and he has been searching for him, so that's something. I'm just glad they have acknowledged the relationship.

Did it say magneto knows? I am assumin maybe he doesnt

Last edited:
Excited for Hank and Scott's friendship!

Are we to assume cyclops cant see through the optic blast when using his power unless he has a visor?

In timeline A (basic) Xavier rescues Scott from Stryker's base
In timeline B (new chronology) Havok brings Scott to Xavier

Q1 : what happened to Havok in original timeline after 1973
Q2 : will Cyclops wear his visor in this movie ? how can he shoot with sunglasses

Answer. 1: Havok was most likely killed in the Vietnam war.
Answer. 2: Judging by the trailer, Cyclops will not be wearing his visor.

"Not all of us can control our powers."

Well gee, Slim. Too bad there isn't some blue furball of a genius scientist who just happened to design your jet and armored suits and underground layer containing a mutant searching device powered by telepathy. Pretty sure Scott is gonna get his visor before the final fight.

"Not all of us can control our powers."

Pretty sure Scott is gonna get his visor before the final fight.

i think that line comes from the final fight and unless Hank suddenly whips out a visor then I doubt he will have one

Hoult says Hank creates Jet and things that helps young mutants to control their powers like in First Class.
They need time to learn it, too early to full control it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the development of cyclops. I really liked James marsdens moment with prof X on the lab table in X1. So having his story tied to Charles and Hank is perfect

Scott is supposed to be a teenager in this film right?

Then that would mean that Alex was like in his mid to late 20's when Scott was born. Honestly, I really thought that they were going to have Scott be portrayed as Alex's son given everyone's ages. I mean Alex was like a teenager in "First Class" and 20 years have passed since.

Then again, I never understood on how they're going about with the age issue in this trilogy. No one looks like their character's supposed age.

Charles and Erik are supposed to be like in their late 40's to early 50's and yet neither of them are sporting white hair.

Then that would mean that Alex was like in his mid to late 20's when Scott was born. Honestly, I really thought that they were going to have Scott be portrayed as Alex's son given everyone's ages. I mean Alex was like a teenager in "First Class" and 20 years have passed since.

Then again, I never understood on how they're going about with the age issue in this trilogy. No one looks like their character's supposed age.

Charles and Erik are supposed to be like in their late 40's to early 50's and yet neither of them are sporting white hair.

You don't necessarily have to have white hair just because your in your 40s-50s also people have children at all different ages so Alex can very well be 20 yrs older.

Alex was 16 in 1962, and Scott is 16 in 1983.
It's 21 between them, same situation as in my family. Oldest sister is 21 years older than youngest brother.

I'm 33 and I look like 20. My friend is 33 and looks like 40. So...

Hoult says Hank creates Jet and things that helps young mutants to control their powers like in First Class.
They need time to learn it, too early to full control it.

This is the quote

Hank is teaching in the school when the film begins, and he builds inventions for some of the new characters that are having trouble with their powers. He also builds the X-Men jet.

So that's all but confirmation he'll get his visor by the end of the movie. And I just love that it's Hank who builds it for him

ur avvy awesome bro

Cheers :cwink:

(Though it might be my last one you were referring to)

Alex was 16 in 1962, and Scott is 16 in 1983.
It's 21 between them, same situation as in my family. Oldest sister is 21 years older than youngest brother.

I'm 33 and I look like 20. My friend is 33 and looks like 40. So...

That's an interesting deduction. I didn't think anyone can make sense of it in those terms.

I just watched the Stanford Prison Experiment the other day and Tye was great. Looking forward to seeing his portrayal of Cyclops.

This movie plot sounds same as 'Das Experiment'.

Will be interesting to see tye's career after X-Men: Apocalypse

Will be interesting to see tye's career after X-Men: Apocalypse

He got the lead role for Steven Spielberg's 'Ready Player One', which in my opinion is a much more huge deal than his Cyclops role in Apocalypse, RPO could be a huge break for the actor giving him global recognition, my only hope is that this could lead to Fox finally treating Cyclops with respect and giving him more screen time/important role in the future movies.

Last edited:
He got the lead role for Steven Spielberg's 'Ready Player One', which in my opinion is a much more huge deal than his Cyclops role in Apocalypse, RPO could be a huge break for the actor giving him global recognition, my only hope is that this could lead to Fox finally treating Cyclops with respect and giving him more screen time/important role in the future movies.

But to be fair the role of cyclops is the first time tye is playing a hugely recognised role by audiences so when people see tye in the trailers for RPO its likely the first thing alot of peope will think is cyclops is in this movie.

Although if RPO is a huge hit that ends up with sequels it could swap around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"