Tyler Mane Talks Wolverine

Yep, bring back Mane. He did well with what he was given in X1, it's up to the writers now to do the character justice. :up:

yeah they could bring back mane and hopefully do him justice there should be an epic brutal fight between them with blood splattering all over the place .

LOL -

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/movies/other/005834134.cfm

Will you ever reprise your role as Sabretooth in the X-Men films?

MANE: I would love to revisit Sabretooth and give him some more dimension, because I feel I can do so much more with it now. It all depends on what they allow you to do. In the first one, Sabretooth was just sort of written in as a sidekick character. And that was it.

They’re talking about this Wolverine spinoff movie, and if they bring me back I’m going to tear Hugh Jackman’s ass up. [Laughs]

Now that he's an a-lister, he may not want to return for such a shallow role.

The allure of 'tearing Hugh Jackman's ass up' may be too much for Mane to pass up though.

I find a bit weird that they haven't contacted with Mane yet... maybe he won't be playing him...

.. filming is set in November.. still no news on yea or nay.. too bad..

So filming in November...so we can expect a teaser sometime in March? April?

As long as ''WOLVERINE'S SUPER BIG FUN FEST ALONE THIS TIME WITHOUT THE X-MEN, THO WHO WERE THEY REALLY" doesn't get in the way of Halloween 2. I'm okay with him being back in the movies. :up:

The studio and Rob Zombie said there won't be a Halloween 2 and I think most people are worried about Mane in Wolverine than in Halloween 2. Now that he has the Mike Myers suit you can put any big dude in that thing and it won't matter. Sabretoothe, on the otherhand, is important in this Wolverine movie. His character will be more vocal I expect. And I hope they change his costume and his mane to go with Mane. I don't think the wolvy movie will be a fun fest, even if youre joking, I think this is going to have a revenge and depressing feel. Alot of manipulation from the gov't and revenge from Logan will make the movie. It shouldn't feel like a superhero movie, it should feel more anti-hero. Atleast I hope it will.

Spider–Man;12364356 said:
I didn't really care for the way he was portrayed in X1. If he comes back, hopefully they'll beef him up and show it!

yeah he was just a mindless thug... Sabretooth is way smarter and wiser than that. The X-movies really crapped on some characters while focusing on Wolvie and the celebs

The studio and Rob Zombie said there won't be a Halloween 2 and I think most people are worried about Mane in Wolverine than in Halloween 2. Now that he has the Mike Myers suit you can put any big dude in that thing and it won't matter. Sabretoothe, on the otherhand, is important in this Wolverine movie. His character will be more vocal I expect. And I hope they change his costume and his mane to go with Mane. I don't think the wolvy movie will be a fun fest, even if youre joking, I think this is going to have a revenge and depressing feel. Alot of manipulation from the gov't and revenge from Logan will make the movie. It shouldn't feel like a superhero movie, it should feel more anti-hero. Atleast I hope it will.

Am I the only one that liked Sabretooth's costume in the first movie? A wildman living in the woods. Dead animals all over. Home made clothing. It worked. Not to mention the eyes, eyebrows, and hair just made him look even less human than Wolverine (the way it should be).

Maybe they can say he was left in the wild on his own and wasn't helped like Wolverine was though. You see Wolverine at least had the Hudsons to take care of him. What if Sabretooth just murdered and isolated everybody and everything in his life and chose a life by himself in the woods? Hell, they can play it off like he's the reason for the big foot sightings. :D Since this is a prequel they can probably get away with giving him shorter hair and having him dress like a regular person. Maybe they can go with his Weapon X costume.
180px-Weaponx12.jpg

Am I the only one that liked Sabretooth's costume in the first movie? A wildman living in the woods. Dead animals all over. Home made clothing. It worked. Not to mention the eyes, eyebrows, and hair just made him look even less human than Wolverine (the way it should be).
I really didnt have a problem with Sabretooth's look in 2000's X-MEN. Actually I was ok with both his appearance, and the costume. My problem was more or less Sabretooth's characterization leaving much to be desired. And essentially being conveyed as little more than a simple mutant thug for Magneto. Something like this, can easily be corrected in a Wolverine film. We got hints of a past between Creed and Logan in the first movie, but I'm not quite sure it was enough for most of the general audiences. Firmly establish their past, and relationship towards one another, give Sabretooth more of a personality than what we previously have seen. And it should be smooth sailing from there as far as Sabretooth goes. :up:

Part of me hopes they do something that's completely unrelated to the X-Men films, where they can involve Sabretooth the way he's meant to be portrayed, and cast someone else as him.

Yep, bring back Mane. He did well with what he was given in X1, it's up to the writers now to do the character justice. :up:

I agree, bring him back, he was great with what he had in X1 and he would have a lot more to work with in this movie, I hope he is in it.

i GUESS that could work...personally i like how mane looks, just seems more natural for him to look how he did in the first movie...obviously they are starting filming soon so i'm assuming we would find out about mane in the upcoming weeks before filming begins

I have the chance to interview Tyler Mane at an awards show tomorrow, I was wondering if people could help me come up with questions to ask him. Thanks

My suggestion would be simply to ask him if there's been any developments on his reprising the role.

I, for one, think that if he were to be given the chance (and more material to work with this time around), he could be the Sabretooth that that we all crave, and I've got my fingers crossed that the 'powers that be' producing the movie see it that way too.

x-men_large_04.jpg

Good luck with the interview.

Yeah, just ask him where he has heard anything about it. He should know by now because it is filming in a few weeks.

i want the wise cracking fur collar wearing sabretooth :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"