Tyler Mane Talks Wolverine

The guy who played Eomer and starred in Pathfinder. Would kick ass as Sabretooth....

Yeah but he's a little short of 6'10.

I know it wouldn't be significant now, but can someone tell me if Sean Bean was rumored as Creed/Sabretooth a while back or am I making that up?

You know, Mane sounded great as Sabretooth in the X3 game. He's not that bad of an actor and he definitely looks the part. However, I can understand if they go for someone that'll draw in more dough.

I've never heard the Sean Bean rumor. Only one's I can remember worth mentioning is Kevin Nash being mentioned as a possible 'first' choice before Mane was brought in for X-Men. And Clancy Brown being Wizard Magazine's choice for Creed in one of their dream casting articles from years back.

Howdy

I read thru these pages an get the feeling people want Sabertooth to be this monster who can rip threw anything. I think that people need to rethink this. There is a pecking order an Sabertooth doesn't top Magneto in any way shape or form. He played a sidekick role CAUSE to Magneto he IS a sidekick. He did exactly what he needed to do if you remember correctly Wolverine in X-1 when he goes up against Magneto he was powerless cause of his skeleton being metal.I think many here are falling into the trap alot of Storm fans fell into where they think their favorite is more then what she really was.You don't try to change the pecking order cause you eventually have Apocalypse characters that all are invulnerable. Please don't try to do this with Sabertooth cause for this movie he might be a big bad dude but in the overall picture he's just what he is.

Mek

Nice to see you back after a year Mekleo. You speak some sense, stick around please. :D

However, Wolverine will need a challenge in the movie so I wouldnt be surprised if they make Sabretooth stronger than what he was in X1.

I agree but Sabretooth should have at least been allowed to talk. Spit words back and forth with Toad and Wolverine and pretty much everyone he encounters. Sabretooth is anything BUT the quiet type and I really don't think the writers did anything more than look at pictures of these characters and wrote the movies based on that. I mean Sabretooth was brought in to replace the Blob for christ's sake.

Nice to see you back after a year Mekleo. You speak some sense, stick around please. :D

However, Wolverine will need a challenge in the movie so I wouldnt be surprised if they make Sabretooth stronger than what he was in X1.

Thanks for looking me up lol. I tend to just read an not post cause I am opinionated an I show it. Creating a challenge for Wolverine is almost impossible. His regeneration has proved to be almost impossible to beat. But his fights with Sabertooth are still fun cause they are both Feral s down deep.
Savage I hear what your saying but you have to remember the cast they had an the time limits/money limits. Sabertooth was not the focus of X-1 he was a bit character an I am glad they went with him an kept him vague cause they would have limited them selfs in this if they had given him more of a meaty role. And I kinda have to put in here they did CRIMINAL mistakes with Rogue in X-1 an have made 0 attempts to fix her. But in a way you can see why they do these things cause Rogue's power is just to GODLIKE she disregards the scale that Marvel had cause if she can touch a mutant she becomes that mutant. Was only 5-6 Omega level mutants cause to have to many makes them seem less important.

Mek

Well my problem is not that of him getting a meatier role or not, just being allowed to say stuff in those instances where he was just quiet. I mean for instance when he dropped Kelly by accident he could have said something along the lines of "Ah s**t...Hey, funny story--*Magneto storms out*...*roars*".

Or even better with Toad

"Weren't you supposed to bring someone back with you?"
"Go lick yourself."

I'm no Whedon but come on, something like that. His fight with Wolverine at the end was the perfect time for some back and forth. Many moments where they just stared at each other or Wolverine spoke while Sabretooth just snarled and made faces.

Well my problem is not that of him getting a meatier role or not, just being allowed to say stuff in those instances where he was just quiet. I mean for instance when he dropped Kelly by accident he could have said something along the lines of "Ah s**t...Hey, funny story--*Magneto storms out*...*roars*".

Or even better with Toad

"Weren't you supposed to bring someone back with you?"
"Go lick yourself."

I'm no Whedon but come on, something like that. His fight with Wolverine at the end was the perfect time for some back and forth. Many moments where they just stared at each other or Wolverine spoke while Sabretooth just snarled and made faces.

100% agree. It doesn't take much to add a few more sentences to flesh out the character. I thought Sabretooth in X1 was more like Frankenstien's monster than Sabretooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"