Uncanny Avengers

Reaction score
Uncanny Avengers

Sneak Peak Cover.

Uncanny-Avengers_510.jpg

'Uncanny Avengers': Exclusive first look at the flagship title of Marvel Now!

:cap: :cap: :cap:

I love me some Cassaday.
But man, is that one ugly cover
I don't even know where to begin...

That is kind of ugly and I hate Havok wearing his mask again. Wish he could keep is X-Factor uniform. Scarlet Witch's uniform is horrible and Rogue...don't get me started.

But I thought everybody loooooooooooved Cassaday? :o

I notice Thor doesn't have swords and Cap's uniform isn't the same as the other promo. That's why we shouldn't jump to conclusions. *sigh* :csad:

Since we are voicing displeasure's over costumes, I prefer Wanda wearing a gypsy style skirt. It makes her look ****tier. :up:

But I thought everybody loooooooooooved Cassaday? :o

I notice Thor doesn't have swords and Cap's uniform isn't the same as the other promo. That's why we shouldn't jump to conclusions. *sigh* :csad:

Since we are voicing displeasure's over costumes, I prefer Wanda wearing a gypsy style skirt. It makes her look ****tier. :up:
Cap's uniform is different as the gloves and boots look more like the movie versions. Plus, you can see he now has kneepads and helmet with no exposed ears and painted wings.

I'll read it for sure, but that cover looks gross. Thor looks a little less "I am the Lord of the Living Lightning", and more like "I have Living Lightning chained up in my basement".

Rouge looks terrible there.I'm interested but hope Cassaday can keep up with the schedule.

I don't like the team, nor do I like the artwork. Which is strange, because I ussually love Casiddy. He did Astonishing X-Men did he not?

I think Marvel missed the boat here by not putting Nick Bradshaw on an Avengers book. Cassaday is only capable if being a cover artist or doing the occasional one-shot with a ton of lead in time.

I don't like the team, nor do I like the artwork. Which is strange, because I ussually love Casiddy. He did Astonishing X-Men did he not?

Yeah and because he couldn't maintain a monthly schedule, it ended up coming out once every 2 months.

Always loved Astonishing, Joss Whedon was great!

I think Marvel missed the boat here by not putting Nick Bradshaw on an Avengers book. Cassaday is only capable if being a cover artist or doing the occasional one-shot with a ton of lead in time.
I'd prefer Nick Bradshaw back on Wolverine and the X-Men.

So do I. I'm honestly not worried about the book coming out on time because of the rotating artists schtick they got going now. I can't stand it myself but that's what they'll do. They'll rotate Cassiday with another artist and be done with it.

Bradshaw though, he needs a more consistant gig though. I'd prefer him to stay on W&tXM full time and boot Bachelo off.

Nick Bradshaw is awesome. I only recently picked up W&tXM from start to the current issue and every time I open an issue and it's someone other than Bradshaw I groan. Would love to see him on an Avengers book...

Though, maybe (gladly) not this Avengers book.

I'd prefer Nick Bradshaw back on Wolverine and the X-Men.

As do I but I think it's a great opportunity to bring on a guy like Bradshaw. I don't know much about his portfolio but I'm assuming he's a fairly young talent. I like the idea of a veteran writer matched up with a newer artist.

I also am a little weary about where a book like WATXM is going to stand with the NOW initiative. It spun out of Schism, so with the status quo being reset again combined with Marvel's warped sense of thinking sometimes, I can see them considering it expendable.

Hey wait, wasn't Havok just starting a job with X-factor? How does Peter David feel about this?

I can't wait though. It's a good team. Maybe they could have added more diversity but it's still pretty good.

I remember reading that in today's comic book industry that for artists that are unable to keep up with a schedule without a legitimate excuse are essentially going to be out of a job. Lateness isn't tolerated much anymore.

So if Cassaday wants to keep a job, he better keep up, or at least design the artist rotation of Uncanny Avengers that allows him to stay caught up like they're doing with Jim Lee on Justice League.

I remember reading that in today's comic book industry that for artists that are unable to keep up with a schedule without a legitimate excuse are essentially going to be out of a job. Lateness isn't tolerated much anymore.

So if Cassaday wants to keep a job, he better keep up, or at least design the artist rotation of Uncanny Avengers that allows him to stay caught up like they're doing with Jim Lee on Justice League.

It seems to be tolerated by Marvel. Cassaday couldn't keep up with a schedule on Astonishing X-Men but yet Marvel kept giving him jobs, using him for covers and 1-shots. They have pretty much made it the norm for all of their books to have 2 artists rotating.

Maybe Cassaday's only doing the first arc. Marvel likes doing that: grab a big name for the first arc, then either switch over to someone more affordable as the regular artist or rotate through other big names.

As for the book itself, the concept sounds intriguing. Mutants and humans coming together as a team whose point is basically to have mutants and humans on a team. (Although the Avengers have never had any problem recruiting mutants before, but of course that's irrelevant to the overarching concept here.) The characters are mostly good. Don't really care for Rogue or Wolverine, personally, but I'm sure I can live with them. The costumes are pretty awful. Thor just straight-up looks like an idiot, the Scarlet Witch looks like a red Emma Frost, which doesn't really suit her, and I've never been a fan of Havok's weird three-point headgear. But I'm willing to give it a chance, mainly for Remender.

So I read on Newsarama that Havok is going to be leading this team.That's interesting to me seeing as Cap is on this team.I don't know where Newsarama got and wouldn't be surprised if their wrong,but it is an interesting thought.

The X-Men featuring Cap and Thor.

The lineup is not bad, it's just the poor visual.

Personally, I'd rather Cap be the sole leader of this team with him showing respect for Havok's leadership skills and make him his concrete #2 guy. As for Logan, he's not an issue so long as he's not acting like a mindless stabbing jerk-wad.

Thor should lead the Avengers sometime. When's gonna be his time? He's been waiting millennia. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"