Unseen Ultimate DC Sketches, maybe

I do like the idea, though, of Ultimate DC.
Redesigning DC characters to fit in an Ultimate Universe.
These images inspired me to do many of my own, and come up with my own ideas for "My" Ultimate Dc Universe.

What I like about these pics is seeing the rough sketches and drawings, seeing them do several drawings and designs trying to figure out what a character should look like.

I love seeing that Ultimate Flash was originally going to have a semi transparent plexi glass mask. That is really cool, and seeing the different Green Lantern designs is cool too. Seeing they didn't just design him to look like the cartoon from the get go.
seeing the rough stuff is cool. Just thought I would share what I found.

Yeah, that is nice. I just think Diana looks like a damn Viking.

I do like the idea, though, of Ultimate DC.
Redesigning DC characters to fit in an Ultimate Universe.
These images inspired me to do many of my own, and come up with my own ideas for "My" Ultimate Dc Universe.

Yeah. I kind of did that a while back. Came up with some cool stuff.

Ultimate DC would be PERFECT for someone like me - who just started buying DC comics on a regular basis.

I'd love to have a fresh, new Universe to jump in on from the get-go...rather than scrambling to catch myself up with all of the regular DC verse.

Is Ken Lashley credited with John Stewart's current design? I'm pretty sure these things predated the Justice League cartoon, if I remember correctly, and the cartoon design is only marginally different from Lashley's.

Is Ken Lashley credited with John Stewart's current design? I'm pretty sure these things predated the Justice League cartoon, if I remember correctly, and the cartoon design is only marginally different from Lashley's.
Yeah, that's one of my complaints. The Ultimate GL doesn't look Ultimate.

Like, if you just looked at it, you wouldn't know that it's Ultimate. It needs to be more original, IMO.

It was pretty original at the time. That was before John got almost the same costume in the cartoon, remember?

I think they were from '98 or something.

EDIT: Never mind, I found a website claiming they're from a 2002 article. Justice League started in 2001. I rescind all previous comments. Go about your business, citizens; nothing to see here. :o

I think they were from '98 or something.

EDIT: Never mind, I found a website claiming they're from a 2002 article. Justice League started in 2001. I rescind all previous comments. Go about your business, citizens; nothing to see here. :o
Hmmm...shame that it all fell through.

Not really. I'm glad Ultimate DC never came around. I'm glad Ultimate Marvel is out of the limelight now, too.

Almost did, though. DC had plans to do their own version, called "DC 2000." Grant Morrison would have written Superman. But that all fell through when Grant was offered X-Men.

He wound up writing Superman anyway. It's apparently really good, although I've never read ASS.

Isn't the All Star print similar to Marvels Ultimate print, I mean it is a completely new continuity, just not really a restart, but it's still unrelated to anything.

Though I think all the All Star prints are their own continuity without relation to the others and the Ultimates are considered in the same universe, I think

Yes, All-Star is DC's attempt at aping Marvel's Ultimate line without appearing to ape Marvel's Ultimate line. And yes, All-Star Superman and All-Star Batman etc. etc. are completely separate from each other and from everything else. Unless they're part of the 52 Earths; who knows?

Yes, All-Star is DC's attempt at aping Marvel's Ultimate line without appearing to ape Marvel's Ultimate line. And yes, All-Star Superman and All-Star Batman etc. etc. are completely separate from each other and from everything else. Unless they're part of the 52 Earths; who knows?

Basically what I thought, I actually like All Star Superman quite better then most of Marvels Ultimates comics right now.

All-Star Superman is my favorite comic these days.

But yeah, back to the topic, the Ultimate DC stuff is very hit-and-miss with me. Some of it looks awesome (Batman, Flash), other stuff not so much (WW). It did sort of get me thinking of stuff to do for an Ultimate Superman fanfic-series I'm planning on writing.

I hope to god no one ever posts these pictures again. After seeing them posted over and over for like five years, each time is like a slap in the face.

Is it just me, or is Ultimate Batman look pretty much like Regular Batman?

Basically. Just with a lot more crap on him. Kind of like a regular Batman/Midnighter mix.

I was thinking Superman and Lois, myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"