Superman Returns Vague History - merged

Matt said:
Well it is 7 years after that. So Singer confirms its a sequel. But I thought only "haters" said that?

Matt with the greatest of respect, shut up.

Katsuro said:
I dont see why they'd need to mention it anyways. What do you expect.

SUPERMAN: Hey Lois, remember that time I fought Zod and those guys?

LOIS: Yeah, that was neat.

:mad: Read my previous post. :mad:

Matt said:
Well it is 7 years after that. So Singer confirms its a sequel. But I thought only "haters" said that?
Why are you trying to start a fight? Please stop.

Captain Villa said:
Matt with the greatest of respect, shut up.
Please do not jump at the baiting or be rude back to him.

Matt said:

I see you have a fun exasperating us :mad:

C. Lee said:
Why are you trying to start a fight? Please stop.

Please do not jump at the baiting or be rude back to him.

I'm not trying to start a fight. I am simply enjoying my earned right to brag. After months of being told I was stupid hater for calling it a sequel, the director does the same thing.

Matt said:
I'm not trying to start a fight. I am simply enjoying my earned right to brag. After months of being told I was stupid hater for calling it a sequel, the director does the same thing.

Why weren't you bragging months ago when Singer was asked if this was Superman 3 and he replied "Yes". I didn't think this was anything new?

in a new thread singer says that the history will be only from S:TM.

it always different.

dark_b said:
in a new thread singer says that the history will be only from S:TM.

it always different.
If that is the case.....he hasn't fought Zod, Ursa & Non and never slept with Lois...hmmm....the plot thickens.

Venom71 said:
If that is the case.....he hasn't fought Zod, Ursa & Non and never slept with Lois...hmmm....the plot thickens.
Singer Quotes

"it puts the first film into a vague history, the second film is not in my history. its not a particularly good film, either, if you watch it again. We are referencing the first film in the designs and the detail but not over - referencing it

Okay, that's at least the third different thing I've heard on this film's sequel status. Either they haven't made up their own minds or they just like messing with us.

i guess they are messing with us. but i hope they are not doing this so we wouldnt expect tha tthe kid is from superman.

I think it's "vague" in the fact that it's a sequel to S2, but not completely constricted by that film's events, they don't mention the Krypton villains, but they don't deny them either, and thus, it's reasonable to assume that he and Lois maybe didn't do their thing in the FOS...

Comments from Bryan Singer and Staff: "He'll begin in his late 20s. He lost his powers in Superman II and now he has the powers back. But something has happened because he's been away for a long time."

Saw this on Supermanhomepage. Can anyone tell me when this was said? I've heard so many different things about sequel status now, I don't know what to think.

Singer is pulling everyones' legs, he says all kinds of different things to confuse the fans. I think he gets a kick out of it.

compi716 said:
Basically it's a rough Kevin Smith script...

Plus, there's no mention of Jason in your idea and he (IMO) is the biggest plot point in the future (maybe in SR too).

At this point, we basically know a lot about the movie and Singer is scrambling to keep everyone guessing. A little over a month left...

So Superman's been away for ages, comes back to see the world has moved on, the love of his life is engaged and has a son, his mother is dating, Pretty much all is upside down.

Except Lex Luthor, still interested in real estate and still surrounds himself with idiots.

One thing Brian Singer should have done is to have Superman Return to see Lex become a very rich and powerful and well respected business man, then from the general audiences's POV even Lex has become a good guy, of course later we learn that is not the case.

One line which was used in S:TAS was Lex saying "I own Metropolis Superman", basicly saying to supes you can't touch me, he would of course have lost his crazyness from the first movie and become more sinister.

Instead we have him expanding on his real estate plan, and kicking old ladies out of their houses, when i first saw pictures of Lex i thought wow, he look's like he's corporate Lex, has a big mansion so the personality must follow.

But that wasn't the case, i really hope Lex just becomes rich in the sequel and is potrayed how he currently is not something which was running in the 70's.

Dorky, you constantly say you want to try to be civil, and yet you respond like that? Its a new member and his post is a fairly valid point. You needn't be snide, simply point him to an exisiting thread, comment on what he said, or don't post at all.

Well there aint much to talk about, and besides this is a new spin.

Matt said:
Dorky, you constantly say you want to try to be civil, and yet you respond like that? Its a new member and his post is a fairly valid point. You needn't be snide, simply point him to an exisiting thread, comment on what he said, or don't post at all.
sorry, i didn't realize wasn't allowed to be human. next time i'll be a good robot.

but seriously, my bad hour man, i didn't realize you were new....welcome to hype!

Hour Man said:
Well there aint much to talk about, and besides this is a new spin.

No need for hate against you but this thread is anything BUT new. Sorry, been done.

Hour Man said:
So Superman's been away for ages, comes back to see the world has moved on, the love of his life is engaged and has a son, his mother is dating, Pretty much all is upside down.

Except Lex Luthor, still interested in real estate and still surrounds himself with idiots.

One thing Brian Singer should have done is to have Superman Return to see Lex become a very rich and powerful and well respected business man, then from the general audiences's POV even Lex has become a good guy, of course later we learn that is not the case.

One line which was used in S:TAS was Lex saying "I own Metropolis Superman", basicly saying to supes you can't touch me, he would of course have lost his crazyness from the first movie and become more sinister.

Instead we have him expanding on his real estate plan, and kicking old ladies out of their houses, when i first saw pictures of Lex i thought wow, he look's like he's corporate Lex, has a big mansion so the personality must follow.

But that wasn't the case, i really hope Lex just becomes rich in the sequel and is potrayed how he currently is not something which was running in the 70's.
Lex becomes rich in this movie. He doesn't kick Mrs. Venderworth out. She passes away and Lex inherits her Billion dollar shipping buisness,which is why he has the house, the Yacht, the helecopter, etc. Again I'd wait until I saw the actual movie before making assumptions.

Good evening all,

Fresh from watching Superman II, I had a question...

At the end of the film, Supes drops off the top of the White House (complete with Old Glory) and says to the President that "he'll never let (him) down again". The film pretty much ends there save the poetic flight over the horizon.

I've read that SR picks up after Superman II. Why would Superman leave after making such a statement to the Prez?

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"