Venom or Spiderman?

Flash-er

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay, so I thought my point was obvious enough when I made the post, but evidently there are people who are getting confused, so I'll correct what I wrote. What I'm asking here is if you people think that Parker will end up showing some venom characteristics. That, at some point during the movie, he will lose control, the symbiote will take over and spidey will grow some teeth, tendrils, voice change, etc. NOT that he'll necessarily go full Venom mode and start killing people, but that for a moment or two, he'll "venom out". Is that clear enough?

Im not going to say anything. I'll just enjoy you getting ripped apart

Homem-Aranha#1 said:
:woot: ^aw, man.. and i thought i was the noob here, hehe...
No kidding. I'll break it down for ya, Flash.

Peter comes into contact with the symbiote. It bonds with him, covers his suit, and turns it black. It affects his personality, basically turning him into a selfish jackass. One night, in the rain, he decides he can't take it anymore, but he can't figure out how to remove the symbiote. Then, at the top of a church bell tower, the bell starts ringing and drives the symbiote off of Peter. It falls down below and bonds with Eddie Brock, this presumably is the promo pic you were talking about. Long story short, Peter won't turn into Venom, he'll just be wearing the symbiote suit. I'm gonna guess that when we see Venom, his skin will look like the black Spidey-suit with puddles of goo dripping all over it.

*twiddles thumbs waiting for onslaught*

Why must there always be an onslaught? I laid it all out there, leave the n00b alone.

hey, i don't like it either -- just what i ve been accustomed to on here. and I do think you may of had a point that we may see SOME sign of venom while spidey wears the sym -- maybe just a reflection or an image in a dream. have a nice day :)

Believe me, I'm far from a noob. I know the origin of the 616 venom, but also the Ultimate venom, and even though Rami has said that the suit will have the "outer space" origin, it's going to be tough for them to have Reed in the film and say "yep, it's alive!" and Pete to freak out about it. (Although I suppose they could since they now also have the F4 cast). My main thought was whether they'd actually have pete being overcome by the symbiote or not and display any of the Venom characteristics. i.e. Teeth, floating goo strands (which venom didn't have at first), "i'm gonna eat your brains", etc.

That was my thinking, and i'd actually like to see PP deal with the sym himself, rather than having his greatest foe defeated by somebody with a big gun that emmits sound or something -- I know you didn't say that, but i've heard some say that some guy will show up and capture venom. I much prefered the way he beat it in TAS than somebody else doing it for him.

eggyman said:
That was my thinking, and i'd actually like to see PP deal with the sym himself, rather than having his greatest foe defeated by somebody with a big gun that emmits sound or something -- I know you didn't say that, but i've heard some say that some guy will show up and capture venom. I much prefered the way he beat it in TAS than somebody else doing it for him.
Does TAS stand for The Amazing Spiderman or The Animated Series?

Wow... please close this thread.

It's not a matter of bashing. It's simply a rediculous thread and it deserves to be locked. It should be left at that.

Flash-er said:
Does TAS stand for The Amazing Spiderman or The Animated Series?

it stands for the animated series. :yay:

Flash-er said:
Maybe this has been said, I've been to busy to think much about this, but I was taking a look at the pic of Eddie changing into venom and I noticed the body still has that 'checkered' design on the outfit and even the webbing is still there, except in 'black goo' instead of the silver web. From the hair of the person, I'd say that it's Eddie, but since the face is half covered anyway, what if it's not? What if Peter turns into venom for a short while in the film (like he did in USM)? This would explain why he'd feel compelled to get rid of it instead of just freaking out like in the 616.
And Aunt May becomes Carnage but Ben Reiley is thankfully there to use his supersonic gun to....BLAST YOU AWAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!:cmad:

he asked a completely reasonable question. its an interesting question, what if peter does turn into venom for a short while. none of you knw for certain that he doesn't so stop with the noob talk and stop acting like idiots.

Tad Fatherton said:
he asked a completely reasonable question. its an interesting question, what if peter does turn into venom for a short while. none of you knw for certain that he doesn't so stop with the noob talk and stop acting like idiots.
Spider-Man turns into symbiote Spidey(the one with the black suit). Why or how could he possibly turn into Venom? It makes no sense so he gets flamed.

Plus a 6 year old kid can tell that the picture is of Eddie and not Peter...it doesn't even look like Peter.

chaseter said:
Spider-Man turns into symbiote Spidey(the one with the black suit). Why or how could he possibly turn into Venom? It makes no sense so he gets flamed.
spider-man wears the black suit. the black suit makes spider-man angrier. the reason brock and the symbiote form venom is because they are both really angry. if spider-man can get just as angry as brock what would stop him from taking on the characteristics of venom for even a short while?

it makes perfect sense. most of you are just too stupid to understand it though, and take out your stupidity on the initial poster.

Tad Fatherton said:
spider-man wears the black suit. the black suit makes spider-man angrier. the reason brock and the symbiote form venom is because they are both really angry. if spider-man can get just as angry as brock what would stop him from taking on the characteristics of venom for even a short while?

it makes perfect sense. most of you are just too stupid to understand it though, and take out your stupidity on the initial poster.
Do you read what you type? Peter Parker was or never will be Venom. They are two totally different characters. Sure symbiote Spider-Man and Venom were born from the same substance, but Spider-Man never became Venom EVER. What would be even dumber than this post is if Peter Parker does become Venom 2 and both Venoms fight and we can't tell the difference between the two...lame.

chaseter said:
Do you read what you type? Peter Parker was or never will be Venom. They are two totally different characters. Sure symbiote Spider-Man and Venom were born from the same substance, but Spider-Man never became Venom EVER. What would be even dumber than this post is if Peter Parker does become Venom 2 and both Venoms fight and we can't tell the difference between the two...lame.
you still don't get it. i'm not even going to try to explain this to you again.

ok, actually i will, why does it make sense to you that the symbiote while on brock can have a mouth and teeth, but it is not allowed to have a mouth and teath on peter parker? do you understand?

Tad Fatherton said:
you still don't get it. i'm not even going to try to explain this to you again.

ok, actually i will, why does it make sense to you that the symbiote while on brock can have a mouth and teeth, but it is not allowed to have a mouth and teath on peter parker?
That is not what the original post said...it said that Peter Parker could turn into Venom and that the picture released by Sony could be Peter Parker and not Eddie Brock even though the hair looks like Eddie's.

I was not arguing that Spider-Man could have Venom's characteristics...I was arguing that Spider-Man could not and would not be or be labeled as Venom.

Plus if you look at the comics...Brock has much more hate, anger, loathe, emotions, etc... than Peter. Brock has nothing or no one to keep him grounded in reality(emotion wise so to say). That is why the symbiote manifests itself so radically in Brock to form the monster we know as Venom. Peter Parker could and would never be able to muster up enough dark emotion to have the characteristics of Venom.

Look at all the responses before mine. This thread makes absolutely no sense and was either horribly worded or just thrown together in an attempt to justify a character and their history they don't know anything about. I move for this thread to be closed as well.

chaseter said:
That is not what the original post said...it said that Peter Parker could turn into Venom and that the picture released by Sony could be Peter Parker and not Eddie Brock even though the hair looks like Eddie's.

I was not arguing that Spider-Man could have Venom's characteristics...I was arguing that Spider-Man could not and would not be or be labeled as Venom.

Plus if you look at the comics...Brock has much more hate, anger, loathe, emotions, etc... than Peter. Brock has nothing or no one to keep him grounded in reality(emotion wise so to say). That is why the symbiote manifests itself so radically in Brock to form the monster we know as Venom. Peter Parker could and would never be able to muster up enough dark emotion to have the characteristics of Venom.
First, thank you Tad for being, apparently, the only voice of reason in this thread.
To everyone that feels I'm a noob, I could probably geek you under the table with most anything spiderman, batman, superman, green lantern, x-men or half a dozen other comic characters.
Chaster, as for your argument that it was badly worded, granted, maybe the original post didn't get the full idea across, but I figured people wouldn't take the question so literal. Also, if you want people to take a look at other responses, maybe you should do the same before being so condisending. Take a gander at post #8 (my first response to all the confusion) and you'll see I was refering to the characteristics of venom. I didn't mean that pete becomes venom in the whole 'kill the bad guy' mode (but even in the 616, the symbiote was taking him out while he was sleeping), just that he'd lose it and the venom personality would take over. To say that PP is too emotionally grounded for such a thing to happen is ludicrious. All that'd have to happen is for someone he cares about to get seriously hurt/killed (gwen stacy's in this flick, hint-hint) and Parker HAS been taken over by the symbiote in the Ultimate universe (he was wearing the suit, a thief killed a store owner, the theif looked like the guy that killed Ben. Parker lost it and the "venom" personality manifested) and if you've paid any attention to the comic/movie relationship, you'd notice that marvel has picked and chose what it wanted to do from the comics, and in some cases made new stuff up (as already being shown in this movie since gwen is in it and she was dead before venom was even created). so who's to say that Parker couldn't become venom or show his characteristics? BTW, lets try to show some maturity here people and not start bashing everyone. If you have to do so just to feel 'superior', then you have my pity. So... any more questions?

Tad Fatherton said:

hey give the guy a break(even though I knew tht was obviosly eddie) thres kinda proof thre cause unless sam is totally changing the story, thres like a stained glass in the backround(i think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"