• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hero role for Venom???

DroolingforGwen

Civilian
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
678
Reaction score
0
Points
11
I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I think this is as interesting point to atleast consider (and I didn't get too many replies either)... First off, I think Venom will have more than just a cameo appearance at the end because they aren't gonna finish what could be the last movie with Raimi and Tobey on a cliffhanger... so expect some... closure... so I figure Todey will lose the symbiate 2/3 of the way into the flick... when Tophers picks it up at the church or whatever... then i'm thinking Topher will use his new powers to replace or atleast coexist with Spiderman... not as a team... but I think Venom will kill Sandman and people will think he is the new hero because Spidey wasn't able to stop Sandman... at some point after losing his girl to Parker, his job at the Bugle, and finding out Parker's identity.... he goes beserk... which will setup the final climactic scene with Spidey and Venom... with Harry intervening and sacrificing himself to kill Venom... I think it will be an interesting twist if this is the case... but I'm not sure they can fit it all in in a two hour movie...
 
that sounds cool..isnt it venom who kills sandman in the comics with a deadly bite anyhow? Can someone confirm that?
 
Ya... Venom kills Sandman with the bite while working together for the Sinister Six...
 
DroolingforGwen said:
Ya... Venom kills Sandman with the bite while working together for the Sinister Six...

HA HA! I Knew it!!!! i don't see why that wouldnt fit in with your theory :)
 
I just think it makes sense... they knew the character Sandman could not stand alone as the feature villain for one movie... especially a movie as pivotal as this one... so they add the symbiate... if the writers felt different... then Venom should just be a cameo/cliffhanger which i wouldn't mind... (barring they resigned the cast and crew)... but i just can't see that happening... If the Q&A was right ("end of the line for Topher's role as Venom")... now maybe as soon as he gets the symbiate he goes beserk... but then how does Sandman die??? Will Spidey kill him before Brock gets the symbiate??? That would be like shoving the climax in the middle of the film... plus Spidey ain't a killer, even if Sandman is a crook... but Venom on the other hand... there is some potential for this...
 
Another theory might be Spidey goes beserk with the symbiate and it drives him insane... to the point where he kills Sandman... once realizing the symbiate has taken him over he gets rid of it, and it falls into the hands of Brock... but I think this is another climactic scene in the middle of the movie that might not fit as good with my first idea...
 
Another theory, sandman could be about to enilate spidey, but then venom shows up and kills sandman because he wants the joy of killing spidey, but sidey somehow beats venom while hes not focussing or something. Its a possibility i guess.
 
The Venomator said:
Another theory, sandman could be about to enilate spidey, but then venom shows up and kills sandman because he wants the joy of killing spidey, but sidey somehow beats venom while hes not focussing or something. Its a possibility i guess.

Not a bad idea........

What if Spidey beats Venom the way he originally did?
 
The Venomator said:
Another theory, sandman could be about to enilate spidey, but then venom shows up and kills sandman because he wants the joy of killing spidey, but sidey somehow beats venom while hes not focussing or something. Its a possibility i guess.
what does enilate mean????..... might you mean annihilate??
 
SpideyLad said:
Not a bad idea........

What if Spidey beats Venom the way he originally did?

How exactly was that? Eddie Brock went to jail and then the whole Maxium Carnage thing happened and then what?
 
DroolingforGwen said:
I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I think this is as interesting point to atleast consider (and I didn't get too many replies either)... First off, I think Venom will have more than just a cameo appearance at the end because they aren't gonna finish what could be the last movie with Raimi and Tobey on a cliffhanger... so expect some... closure... so I figure Todey will lose the symbiate 2/3 of the way into the flick... when Tophers picks it up at the church or whatever... then i'm thinking Topher will use his new powers to replace or atleast coexist with Spiderman... not as a team... but I think Venom will kill Sandman and people will think he is the new hero because Spidey wasn't able to stop Sandman... at some point after losing his girl to Parker, his job at the Bugle, and finding out Parker's identity.... he goes beserk... which will setup the final climactic scene with Spidey and Venom... with Harry intervening and sacrificing himself to kill Venom... I think it will be an interesting twist if this is the case... but I'm not sure they can fit it all in in a two hour movie...


That is very similiar to my story idea. Great and I believe that is what will happen.
 
DroolingforGwen said:
I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I think this is as interesting point to atleast consider (and I didn't get too many replies either)... First off, I think Venom will have more than just a cameo appearance at the end because they aren't gonna finish what could be the last movie with Raimi and Tobey on a cliffhanger... so expect some... closure... so I figure Todey will lose the symbiate 2/3 of the way into the flick... when Tophers picks it up at the church or whatever... then i'm thinking Topher will use his new powers to replace or atleast coexist with Spiderman... not as a team... but I think Venom will kill Sandman and people will think he is the new hero because Spidey wasn't able to stop Sandman... at some point after losing his girl to Parker, his job at the Bugle, and finding out Parker's identity.... he goes beserk... which will setup the final climactic scene with Spidey and Venom... with Harry intervening and sacrificing himself to kill Venom... I think it will be an interesting twist if this is the case... but I'm not sure they can fit it all in in a two hour movie...

The problem I have with this storyline is that you're killing off three major villains in one movie. I don't think anyone will be satisfied if Venom exists for about 30 minutes and then is killed off. I really hope that Venom makes a brief appearance in this movie and then is set up as the major villain in the 4th.. possibly with Lizard as a side attraction. Your storyline works, but Venom needs to live.
 
Maybe you could see the symbiote crawl off, but if they arent making more for a while, they will kill, or make it look like they are all defeated
 
Maybe none of the villains will die.:eek: :eek: :eek: !!!
 
The only villian I wouldn't mind seeing die would probably be Sandy. I'd rather have a psychotic Harry institutionalised and Eddie in jail. You think the movie is over with them two out of commision and then we get a little scene where it shows the symbiote is alive. Giving us the thought that maybe it will get back to Eddie or Since they are seperated and far away, they could just not hove him in the next film. I know I'm reaching.....

But I HATE it when they introduce, origin, battle, and die all in one film. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it........:mad:
Cheers!:)
 
Here's the thing about killing Venom in 30 minutes... if Venom is rushed... the whole movie could collapse... that's understandable... but as far as establishing the character Venom... that will be done through the symbiate and it's effects on Parker... the major antagonist will be the symbiate.... that is almost guaranteed... with Parker battling his inner demons and stuff... so we will already know what the symbiate is capable of doing for most of the movie... and because Raimi wasn't a huge fan of Venom, he could be killed off... i REPEAT... there will be no gaping hole at the conclusion of this film... but the symbiate itself will be well established... it will affect it's host differently... I think in a two hour twenty minute film, you can thoroughly describe the symbiate and atleast adequately describe Brock as Venom...
 
DroolingforGwen said:
Here's the thing about killing Venom in 30 minutes... if Venom is rushed... the whole movie could collapse... that's understandable... but as far as establishing the character Venom... that will be done through the symbiate and it's effects on Parker... the major antagonist will be the symbiate.... that is almost guaranteed... with Parker battling his inner demons and stuff... so we will already know what the symbiate is capable of doing for most of the movie... and because Raimi wasn't a huge fan of Venom, he could be killed off... i REPEAT... there will be no gaping hole at the conclusion of this film... but the symbiate itself will be well established... it will affect it's host differently... I think in a two hour twenty minute film, you can thoroughly describe the symbiate and atleast adequately describe Brock as Venom...

^:up:
 
Brock wont die. Venom (if hes even having a beefy role) may be defeated, but they wont kill him off. The main villain will more than likely die. Which is sandman.

if they really want 6 movies, then killing 2 of his greatest villains in 1 film is economically unsound.
 
SYMBIOTE SYMBIOTE With an O OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ya... Venom kills Sandman with the bite while working together for the Sinister Six...
and he didnt kill sandman.. He nearly kills him...
 
Very easily, but it's also very unpleasant.:O

How you HURT a guy who can live from being comprised of shifting molecules with a mere bite, however, is another matter entirely. ;)

Your guess is as good as mine!
 
Raimi killed off Goblin and Doc Ock, so he won't hesitate to kill off other great enemies too. They are kind of digging themselves into a hole by killing off villains, not leaving anything open for sequels. This just mean they'll have to use new villains each movie.
 
Masut said:
Raimi killed off Goblin and Doc Ock, so he won't hesitate to kill off other great enemies too. They are kind of digging themselves into a hole by killing off villains, not leaving anything open for sequels. This just mean they'll have to use new villains each movie.
I think that's probably the whole point :p
 
DroolingforGwen said:
I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I think this is as interesting point to atleast consider (and I didn't get too many replies either)... First off, I think Venom will have more than just a cameo appearance at the end because they aren't gonna finish what could be the last movie with Raimi and Tobey on a cliffhanger... so expect some... closure... so I figure Todey will lose the symbiate 2/3 of the way into the flick... when Tophers picks it up at the church or whatever... then i'm thinking Topher will use his new powers to replace or atleast coexist with Spiderman... not as a team... but I think Venom will kill Sandman and people will think he is the new hero because Spidey wasn't able to stop Sandman... at some point after losing his girl to Parker, his job at the Bugle, and finding out Parker's identity.... he goes beserk... which will setup the final climactic scene with Spidey and Venom... with Harry intervening and sacrificing himself to kill Venom... I think it will be an interesting twist if this is the case... but I'm not sure they can fit it all in in a two hour movie...

That's too much action for a two hour movie, so it's highly unlikely that's how it's going down. It's more likely that they'll simply show how Brock gets the symbiote and that's about it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,687
Messages
21,787,148
Members
45,616
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"