Venom or Spiderman?

thespiderdaxund said:
hey give the guy a break(even though I knew tht was obviosly eddie) thres kinda proof thre cause unless sam is totally changing the story, thres like a stained glass in the backround(i think)
Well, Pete's definatly in the bell tower when he's ripping off the suit, and I'm guessing that when Brock is looking up and saying "parker", he's seeing Pete go nuts with the suit. So by that logic, the pic is of Eddie shortly after Peter gets rid of the suit and is being overtaken by the symbiote for the first time. This still doesn't change the fact that Pete COULD end up being overtaken by the venom persona at some point of the movie for an undetermined amount of time. Can everyone at least agree on that point?

Flash-er said:
Well, Pete's definatly in the bell tower when he's ripping off the suit, and I'm guessing that when Brock is looking up and saying "parker", he's seeing Pete go nuts with the suit. So by that logic, the pic is of Eddie shortly after Peter gets rid of the suit and is being overtaken by the symbiote for the first time. This still doesn't change the fact that Pete COULD end up being overtaken by the venom persona at some point of the movie for an undetermined amount of time. Can everyone at least agree on that point?

well i can KINDA agree like in the begining of the comic con trailer where he looks in the mirror and sees venom. this could POSSIBLY mean he turns venom for a few seconds like in the ultimate series where he gets like super Piss offed( note how thers a possible connection between Flint marko being uncle bens supposed killer in sidey 3 and the fact tht peter finds the killer of uncle ben in ultimate spiderman)

Flash-er said:
First, thank you Tad for being, apparently, the only voice of reason in this thread.
To everyone that feels I'm a noob, I could probably geek you under the table with most anything spiderman, batman, superman, green lantern, x-men or half a dozen other comic characters.
Chaster, as for your argument that it was badly worded, granted, maybe the original post didn't get the full idea across, but I figured people wouldn't take the question so literal. Also, if you want people to take a look at other responses, maybe you should do the same before being so condisending. Take a gander at post #8 (my first response to all the confusion) and you'll see I was refering to the characteristics of venom. I didn't mean that pete becomes venom in the whole 'kill the bad guy' mode (but even in the 616, the symbiote was taking him out while he was sleeping), just that he'd lose it and the venom personality would take over. To say that PP is too emotionally grounded for such a thing to happen is ludicrious. All that'd have to happen is for someone he cares about to get seriously hurt/killed (gwen stacy's in this flick, hint-hint) and Parker HAS been taken over by the symbiote in the Ultimate universe (he was wearing the suit, a thief killed a store owner, the theif looked like the guy that killed Ben. Parker lost it and the "venom" personality manifested) and if you've paid any attention to the comic/movie relationship, you'd notice that marvel has picked and chose what it wanted to do from the comics, and in some cases made new stuff up (as already being shown in this movie since gwen is in it and she was dead before venom was even created). so who's to say that Parker couldn't become venom or show his characteristics? BTW, lets try to show some maturity here people and not start bashing everyone. If you have to do so just to feel 'superior', then you have my pity. So... any more questions?

I am sure you know quiet a bit about the superhero world or you wouldn't bother posting here...I wasn't questioning that. Your first post and thread title are just plain to the point bad. It wouldn't kill you to go back and re-word the first post after seeing all the confusion it caused in the subsequent posts. I don't have time or want to read every post on every single page of a thread to see if the original post was corrected or changed in some other latter post in the thread.

Secondly, I wasn't being condescending to you. I was arguing with TAD who was defending your original flawed post that made no sense. Look at every subsequent post in this thread. No one knows what you were talking about and the thread title further adds to the ambiguity and confusion of this thread.

Now to get back to the topic you orginally had planned. No I don't think Peter Parker will have the full blown characterstics of Venom because he is more emotionally stable and grounded than the mess that is Eddie Brock. Eddie has nothing to live for, he is full of hate, and has no friends or family that loves him. That is why the manisfestation of Venom in Brock is so drastic. Peter will deffinitely be affected by the symbiote and maybe show certain characteristics but I don't think he will show snarling teeth or tendrils as you say. Raimi has stuck pretty closely to the original comics when it comes to the characters and their development. They wanted to start with Gwen Stacy but felt it wasn't necessary and didn't know how far these movies would go or how good they would do. That is why we are getting Gwen so late in the franchise, not because they like making things up. Nothing I can think of has been pulled from the Ultimate comics and as we know from Comicon reports, Venom is late McFarlane design and his origin in the Q&A has nothing to do with the Ultimate references.

lol, you said you don't have time for this when you have over 5000 posts in less than a year? Looks like you got plenty of time on your hands hombre

YOURTHREADSUCKSJesusAgrees.jpg

:woot: Peter-Venom would confuse the **** out of normal viewers with no knowledge of the Ultimate series Venom
lets leave it at that

WTFimVENOM said:
:woot: Peter-Venom would confuse the **** out of normal viewers with no knowledge of the Ultimate series Venom
lets leave it at that
If the movie go-er has no knowledge of spiderman aside from what they see in the theatre, and the movie would obviously show how peter got to that point... how would it be confusing to anyone?

i just think it would be really lame if Spiderman turned into a monster. even though it has happened in several occasions. like the 8 limbed Spiderman and all that. but lets not get crazy. i say a symbiote spiderman with no venom features is cool enough.

I think there needs to be a moment where he loses control. There needs to be that incentive for him to get rid of it and can anyone think of a better reason than if the suit started to take over and turn him into a monster?

Flash-er said:
This still doesn't change the fact that Pete COULD end up being overtaken by the venom persona at some point of the movie for an undetermined amount of time. Can everyone at least agree on that point?

No we can't all agree. Your entire "theory" is flawed and impossible. Venom is Brock and the symbiote only...not Peter and the symbiote. The persona of Venom is created only by Brock and his warped personality and the symbiote. Now, in the comics there are other "Venoms", but they are followed by a number (Venom 2, Venom 3), and that continuity is not relevevant to the film anyway. However, there is only one Venom and that is Brock and the symbiote only.

Now it's possible that Peter can have a moment where he becomes grotesque and monster-like, but he can never be Venom.

matthooper said:
No we can't all agree. Your entire "theory" is flawed and impossible. Venom is Brock and the symbiote only...not Peter and the symbiote. The persona of Venom is created only by Brock and his warped personality and the symbiote. Now, in the comics there are other "Venoms", but they are followed by a number (Venom 2, Venom 3), and that continuity is not relevevant to the film anyway. However, there is only one Venom and that is Brock and the symbiote only.

Now it's possible that Peter can have a moment where he becomes grotesque and monster-like, but he can never be Venom.
Okay, so by your own description, you say that there are more than one Venom, but then you go on to say that there's only one? ... ... ... uh-huh. And I guess that the venom in comics now (gargan/venom), Spidy sees him and says, "I'm gonna kick your butt, Venom 3!" Seriously though, I see your point but it's more convoluted than when I simply stated that "pete becomes venom" when what I mean is that he will "show venom characteristics".

Flash-er said:
Okay, so by your own description, you say that there are more than one Venom, but then you go on to say that there's only one? ... ... ... uh-huh. And I guess that the venom in comics now (gargan/venom), Spidy sees him and says, "I'm gonna kick your butt, Venom 3!" Seriously though, I see your point but it's more convoluted than when I simply stated that "pete becomes venom" when what I mean is that he will "show venom characteristics".

No there is only ONE Venom, and that is Brock and the Symbiote. "We call ourselves Venom". The others are simply other people with the symbiote. But to save time on forums like this, most comic fans just refer to the others as Venom 2 or 3. But they are not the actual Venom. Even if they are partially considered Venom, it's only because the symbiote had already merged with Brock and retained some of Venom's memories and personalities.

Peter will bever be Venom for that reason and the fact that it would be incredibly stupid. We are waiting all movie to see Venom in action and you think Raimi will spoil that by showing us Venom early? It will never happen.

matthooper said:
No there is only ONE Venom that is Brock and the Symbiote. "We call ourselves Venom". The others are simply other people with the symbiote. But to save time on forums like this, most comic fans just refer to the others as Venom 2 or 3. But they are not the actual Venom.

Peter will bever be Venom for that reason and the fact that it would be incredibly stupid. We are waiting all movie to see Venom in action and you think Raimi will spoil that by showing us Venom early? It will never happen.
Okay, you just aren't getting it. No, i'm not saying that spidey's going to turn into venom, but I think there IS a GOOD chance that he will lose it and display some venom characteristics. a mouth, mass increase, teeth, tentrils, voice change, SOMETHING. Rami's got his roots in horror and it's a classic horror move to tease at what the monster will look like before showing him fully.

Flash-er said:
Okay, you just aren't getting it. No, i'm not saying that spidey's going to turn into venom, but I think there IS a GOOD chance that he will lose it and display some venom characteristics. a mouth, mass increase, teeth, tentrils, voice change, SOMETHING. Rami's got his roots in horror and it's a classic horror move to tease at what the monster will look like before showing him fully.

Flash-er said:
Maybe this has been said, I've been to busy to think much about this, but I was taking a look at the pic of Eddie changing into venom and I noticed the body still has that 'checkered' design on the outfit and even the webbing is still there, except in 'black goo' instead of the silver web. From the hair of the person, I'd say that it's Eddie, but since the face is half covered anyway, what if it's not? What if Peter turns into venom for a short while in the film (like he did in USM)? This would explain why he'd feel compelled to get rid of it instead of just freaking out like in the 616..

Now you edited your original post and your argument. You originally posed the question "Would Peter become Venom"? Which obviously can't happen.

Now you ask will Peter show some monster-like traits. Sure, I guess it's possible. It won't happen, but it could have I suppose. The symbiote feeds off the host. It would never try to scare the host to that degree unless the host wanted it, as Eddie does. Eddie has the demons in his personality, and the symbiote makes the monster a reality. Peter is a hero, the suit may blur the line for him at times, but it will not turn him into a monster.

matthooper said:
Now you edited your original post and your argument. You originally posed the question "Would Peter become Venom"? Which obviously can't happen.

Now you ask will Peter show some monster-like traits. Sure, I guess it's possible. It won't happen, but it could have I suppose. The symbiote feeds off the host. It would never try to scare the host to that degree unless the host wanted it, as Eddie does. Eddie has the demons in his personality, and the symbiote makes the monster a reality. Peter is a hero, the suit may blur the line for him at times, but it will not turn him into a monster.
My original statement is the same as I made it post #8, just that most people (like you) were getting confused by the way I worded things in the first, so I basically bumped up the statement. But you also started by quoting something I said later in the thread, which shows you read more than just the first. The post you quoted also had me saying "undetermined amount of time" whether that be for 10 minutes or 5 seconds... that's 'undetermined'. I suppose "overtaken" was a bit extreme wordage, but I'm not used to being taken so literally. However, you're also going off the 616 version of Venom. It's entirely possible they could take some from Ultimate as is being implied that they're going to do with Sandman and in the Ultimate U, pete DOES get overtaken by the suit for a few moments. There is no "pure" story for the movies when compared to the comics.

Flash-er said:
My original statement is the same as I made it post #8, just that most people (like you) were getting confused by the way I worded things in the first

No I don't think anyone was confused.

Flash-er said:
What if Peter turns into venom for a short while in the film

Calm down, ladies.

T'is a valid question. Probably belongs in the now-infantile Venom thread though.

The Venoms numbers 2 and 3 from the comics at least highlight that there is some variability as to what criteria are needed to be a Venom. Thus Peter from TAS could have ben considered a Venom for that brief moment he saw his reflection.

Well, answering the question of the person who opened this thread

VENOM!!!

pumpkinescobar said:
lol, you said you don't have time for this when you have over 5000 posts in less than a year? Looks like you got plenty of time on your hands hombre
And you sir are a n00b. I don't have time to read through every single post in every thread to see what is going on. If you would take the time to do the math and think about what you are about to say, you would see I average about 18 posts a day. That is not very many posts compared to a lot of people in here. And welcome to the hype.

For The Love Of God, Close This Damn Thread!!!!!

Tad Fatherton said:
will Everyone Please Stop Being So Literal. For ****'s Sake.
Do the four asterics stand for cake? I like cake...vanilla cake with strawberry icing. Or chocolate cake is good too.

chaseter said:
Do the four asterics stand for cake? I like cake...vanilla cake with strawberry icing. Or chocolate cake is good too.

HUUUUMMMMMMMMMM Cake... *drooling*:whatever:

chaseter said:

Actually they stand for 'I am the most annoying poster and I have to use big letters to try and get my point across. ....and I fail miserably'.

However, I love his user name. A great reference to a great show. KOTH.

matthooper said:
Actually they stand for 'I am the most annoying poster and I have to use big letters to try and get my point across. ....and I fail miserably'.

However, I love his user name. A great reference to a great show. KOTH.
you're an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"