• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

VERY WORRIED ABOUT "3's" SUCCESS!!!!

I have no doubt! Just looking at the success X3 had.... SPIDER-MAN 3 will break new records, it's gonna sell wild!!! Why? Becuase it looks so drastickly different then the previous two films! Not that the others are bad, cause they rule! But spidey 3 really shapes up to become more of an adult picture.. It'll be the Doc Ock-Hospital scene times 10, in this movie! It looks dark and intense. The teaser has MYSTERY, it has action, it has wonder, and above all, one hell of an intense feel!

STOP worrying! Spidey 3 will be the most bad-ass, and most successful spider-man movie to date! The whole family is back for this movie (except for Elfman, who's NOT doing the score this time around!)
For each movie, Raimi proofs him self, more and more, to be the right man for the job. And for each movie he gets more and MORE money, to make the magic happen!!!

PS: Do you guys realize that if Raimi makes spidey 3 better than the previous (which I think he will), then he's the FIRST director EVER, to bring 3 SUPER-SUCCESSFUL superhero flicks to the big screen! (And NO ****ING WAY was X3 that good! It sank waaay behind number 1 & 2!)

Well my forecast for critical success and numbers in box office is:

Box Office

Opening day: $45m

Opening weekend: $100m

Domestic: $341m

Foreign: $404m

Worldwide: $745m

Not more than 2 previous movies, but still huge.

RT

Critics - 90%

Cream of the TOP - 85%

Users - 88%

This Spider-Man 3 trailer is having HUGE reactions at theaters!!!.Have you read all the Superman Returns crowd reports??.The SM3 trailer is having BETER reactions than the Superman movie!!!

Worried about SM 3 success???Im sorry,but thats plain stupid...The ones who should be worried are the WB execs,because when Pirates is released next week,Superman will sink faster than a speeding bullet...

Spiderman 3 will be the BIGGEST success spiderman has ever seen

This will SURPASS both 1-2 in money earned by far imo

(it has a pitch black emo dark suit with rain in the background) this will attract millions of teenagers there friends AND KIDS who want to see what this dark suit is all about

(It has by far the coolest trailer of the series with tons of mystery and suspense)

Think about it popular to wear dark clothes now and wear black ALL THE Ppl are going to be drawn to this movie trust me EMO's is popular and spiderman just got crazy emo with this suit

People will just go see it because it's Spider-man and the other two movies rocked. And about ''why is he black?'' and ''why is that and this?''...that's why we go to the movies, you know...to watch them and get into the storylines and understand what is what and why.

Not sure if I have a right to use this seeing as I'm technically a "noob" but damn it all anyways!

8f97ca6a.gif

If they don't get the trailer then they're stupid. If you read the words in the beginning of the teaser it's pretty easy for anyone that has a working brain to put two and two together and figure out whats going on with the black suit.

It's going to be the BEST of the Spiderman movies. So relax.

I think the movie is going to be great. Its nice to see a new tone brought to the series. Peter has dealt with alot and now he has this to deal with. This will probably be the toughest thing he has to face and it will test him as not only a hero, but a person as well. Cant wait to see it.

oh this movie will def be as successful if not more than the previous two!!

Lovin the trailer!!

Exactly, people are going to be like "What the hell, why is spiderman in black?" That reason will keep people interested, asking more and more questions. Thats a perfect teaser, leaving people wanting more!

I'm not worried about the movie's financial well-being: That's a given. But....

I consider myself to be the world's biggest Spidey fan (I'm sure a lot of you feel the same, but, sorry, it's actually ME!). :) Anyway, I was drooling over every frame of the new trailer, loving every second of it. But I did start to wonder if Raimi and company are going too "inside" for the general movie-going audience. I'd say that Venom the character is much more widely-known than Spidey-in-the-black-costume, so I can also see where a lot of people might be completely lost watching this trailer.

I'm hoping that those of you who are saying that this will whet people's appetites and get them into the theaters to see what the black costume's all about are correct, though. I know a couple of people who didn't even know who Doc Ock was before Spider-Man 2, so assuming that everyone knows Venom is risky... and to think everyone knows that Spidey wore the black costume prior to Venom is downright ridiculous.

But the success of SM2 guarantees monstrous early B.O. for 3, no matter what, and, if the symbiote and Venom are handled as deftly as Raimi has handled nearly everything else in the first two movies, word-of-mouth will be great, whether fans know the storyline beforehand or not.

So I vote for "Relax"! :up:

I had so much doubts and worries about this movie. I really thought it will be crap.

But teaser smashed all my worries and showed how great this movie is gonna be.

Just with only this teaser, people will want to see it just now, believe me ;)

Barak said:
Not sure if I have a right to use this seeing as I'm technically a "noob" but damn it all anyways!

8f97ca6a.gif

If they don't get the trailer then they're stupid. If you read the words in the beginning of the teaser it's pretty easy for anyone that has a working brain to put two and two together and figure out whats going on with the black suit.

It's going to be the BEST of the Spiderman movies. So relax.

This is the funniest post I have read today.

Realistically though, it's not someone's newness or noobiness that grates, but their stupidity.

Can you chnage that pic to "Dumbass b gone"?

And the law of averages dictates that most noobs are American I'm sorry to say.

The only thing that disapoints me about this movie is that I'm gonna have to wait until 07 to see it.

rodspam517 said:
Saw the trailer and a few things came to mind:
• I didn't get the goosebump feeling that the teaser for "2" made me feel.
You probly didnt see the trailer then or you're blind. It was absolutely one of the best trailers i have ever seen.
• Would a casual "movie only" fan be confused? The whole inner conflict-Venom thing may be too much for the casual fan, and this, being their first exposure to the third movie might turn them off. At least part 2 was very understandable: One villian - Dr. Octopus. Venom is a fairly new enemy, not as familiar with Doc Ock.
i'm sorry but everyone and their grandmother know who spidey is and the story isnt extremely too confusing to understand unless the person seeing the movie has some kind of mental disorder.
• Are we headed down the Batman “Too many villains” path???
As long as there are no Bat-nipples on the spidey costume,there should be no worries. Trust Raimi. He made two great films with the potential to add a third.
• Also, not to be sexist, but casual female fans that want to see where the romance between Peter and Mary Jane goes might be left out of the trailer too. If you remember, part 2's trailer started with Peter and Mary Jane talking about their relationship.
There where definitely scences showing Peter and Mj kissing,a scence with what looks like a wedding ring,Harry with Mj, and Peter with Gwen. How much do you possibly need. Some people are just too hard too please.
• I showed the trailer to both my brother and my Dad who are huge fans of the MOVIE but not the comic books. They both had the same response: "Why is he black?" I explained it to them and they both went, "Oh." Not good.
Tell them to watch the third movie and their questions will be answered. Give the movie a chance.

Hey, I'm VERY excited about the new movie - but I also read the comics and am familiar with Venom. Being in the entertainment business, I just worry that this movie might lose the casual fan with all of its complexities. I hope I'm wrong on this one!
Didnt you like the first two movies? You are familiar with the movies and comics of spidey, and both are great, so just spread the word and trust the Raimi will do a great job. Dont lose faith and neithershould any other audience members cause its a safe bet that this movie will absolutely rock.

I can understand people's worry's about this movie with all the character, etc. But if anyone can handle that Raimi can, it will be a truly sad day when Raimi leaves the Spidey franchise.

Too complex? We are talking about comic books not rocket science. Fans will be curious why the suit is black but can kind of figure that the goo (symbiote) that latches to his hand will have something to do with it

It'll make a ton of money no matter what. Plus as much as we all *****, you know that in the end we will all see it many, many times.

Its going to be better than the first two and it looks so much better than X3!!!

*xmenfan* said:
Its going to be better than the first two and it looks so much better than X3!!!

Aint that the ****ing truth!!!!!!

I am very worried about SM3's success because if it's not sucessful my family and friends will disown me and my carreer will die too.

or I really don't care. I just want to see the movie.

This movie will kick a$$ regardless of confusion. Confusion just adds to the suspense of the movie.

Spiderman 3 will be the best yet.... cant wait for it to come out, more super than superman... more fantastic than the fantastic four..

i am off to web someone ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"