Is it all too much?

Stevens25

Reaction score
I,for one,cannot get enough trailer,pics and promos of the film,but with a 3rd trailer coming out,7 minutes of the film on NBC,not to mention all the new pics/posters and images does anyone think or worry about overexposure? Us fans will go to see it in droves of course,but I'm talking about the casual fan or the average moviegoer. Too much of a good thing is never good and I'm worried that some people may be turned off by the promotinal juggernaunt.

just like what Tobey said " there are so many twists and turns", we think we're getting a lot but we're not. And the 7 1/2 clip just showed one battle, so there are at least 5 more fights left.

i don't think the casual moviegoer waited for the 7 minute clip to download unless they saw it on youtube or something. even having said that, if they wanted to watch the clip, they're likely interested in the film...and 7 minutes out of something that could be as long as 140 minutes or more really isn't that much. i think that if sony is willing to give away that scene, then we're in for quite a ride and everything else will be bigger and better. my friends who don't know the storyline thought it was strange that they would show harry dying...so it may surprise all of them when the scene goes longer and he's alive in hospital and ready to fight again later.

Yeah, I don't think that a lot of the non-fans would wait for the download. Most of those people probably would wait anyways for the movie to come out.

They ARE giving Us a lot for this film...damn!:)..... Can't wait to see the poster art coming out in the coming month I'd guess.

I don't think we should worry. we are die hard fans that love these films and no matter what we still enjoy the hell out of them in theatres.

we here on the boards dissect every single frame of a trailer the second it is released, but the average person doesnt wait on line for its 'possible' release, they just see it when they see it, they may not even see anything but a tv spot before they see it in theatres...

They ARE giving Us a lot for this film...damn!:)..... Can't wait to see the poster art coming out in the coming month I'd guess.

They have given us a lot...especially as of late. I'm on board with you as far as the "cant wait to see the poster art". It's really starting to get exciting and the movie is practically right around the corner.:word:

I had a friend who is not a comic fan, and pretty much only is familiar with the character from the first two films and maybe saw a few episodes the 90s cartoon. He called me the other night after seeing the 7 minute footage and said that made him want this film out now. He went ape for that fight scene. So hopefully what casual viewers see only adds to the frenzy for the film.

Does anyone think that there are many casual movie goers that dont know who spiderman is in someway shape or form? I mean, he has to be one of the most well-known characters in the world...in my opinion. I think that just about anyone would get amped to see this movie just after watching that trailer.

This one guy, I posted a YouTube link of the 7 minute preview to him, and he said "I don't think I'll watch it, I'll wait too see the WHOLE movie, instead of seeing 75% first"

I told him what they've shown is only like 3% :p

sometimes a large trailer can ruin some aspects of the movie

No..at first, when they kept on telling us which villains were in the movie, I was like "Wow, isn't four villains too much?", but then...the symbiote story...Harry/New Goblin...Sandman...and then finally Venom, it somewhats comes all together...and it's not like all out there...Harry as a villain was needed, Sandman was needed as a new villain...and the symbiote/Venom story just makes it more rich for me.

There's only one person to blame if you've seen too much and you've seen too many spoilers...YOURSELF. The average movie goer has seen very small amounts of SM3, compared to us, who reads the fine print on the back of toy boxes and children books to find out elements of this film. We're not normal.

BLAME YOURSELVES.

I'm normal!!!! Haha...Spider-Man is like the only franchise I really care about the spoilers.

Not really. People that are not die hard fans of the comics would not go through the trouble of downloading a 7 minute clip much less have the patience to do so. They are not oversaturated with information like we are so it should not result in overload.

Yes to me it seems that you cant complain if its too much if most of the media is something you have to search for or choose to watch. A tv commercial can sneak up on you but going to a website/convention/store to view the trailers or other extras is all on the person.

They've given you a ton. A lot more than most movie promotions would... the amount of material at your disposal here is enough to help you pretty much piece together a vast majority of the whole freaking movie.

They're just not giving everyone what they really,

REALLY want here. And that's what's driving the fans crazy :p

- Behind the scenes features
- Start of merchandise, books, and soundtrack
- Clips the week the movie comes out

Etc. All the typical Spidey marathon and hype.

Personally, I can never get enough-

I think, if the rumor is true, there is a new trailer coming end of March and that the Venom attached to 300 was a 'sneak peek'...

In short, we have A LOT of Spidey coming and I'll be there waiting for all the cool stuff and Spidey marathon to come.

Not greedily saying, "more! more! more!".... but saying, everything SONY will release- I can't get enough of and it will never get to the point of me holding back and waiting... so, nope, not too much. SONY will say when it's enough. And I'm happy that that's the case. :)

Nope it's not to me at least. At the end of the day it's your choice whether you watch the clips or not.

i'm not turned off, however i am aware that it is reflecting bad on the film. ANy good films shouldn't need to release so much in for before hand, especially one which is bound to get people sitting down no matter what they advertise based on their name alone.

this new regime that they have brought in with the last stand is definitely going to be the downfall of this genre of films...

you wouldn't have lotr releasing so much footage before the films...

but i guess it just comes down to priorities of either showcasing a good film where teh viewer wins at the big pay off and you don't get ****e loads of people coming in

or

a large number of people come to watch it but everyone ends up either being bored or dissapointed that they have watched over a good portion of the film already and the rest isn't up to scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"