The Dark Knight Villain Tags or Real names?

Miranda Fox said:
Why would anyone say that? :huh:

It's the same people that don't want to hear "Batmobile" I mean, comon! Some people name their cars in real life, why not Batman? People want this movie to be as real as possible, even if it changes everything from the comics. If somebody wears a costume and has a secret ID, Batman wouldn't just say, "Hey, you in the cat-suit!"

Spideyfan01 said:
It's the same people that don't want to hear "Batmobile" I mean, comon! Some people name their cars in real life, why not Batman? People want this movie to be as real as possible, even if it changes everything from the comics. If somebody wears a costume and has a secret ID, Batman wouldn't just say, "Hey, you in the cat-suit!"
ha ha ^

B: Hey you, cat-lady!
C: Who you callin lady? That's no way to address a woman, ya punk! *whip whip whip scratch!*
B: Ow okay okay Cat-woman I get it!

Batman is too grim to go making up names like 'Batmobile'. I think Alfred should name it and Bruce is like wtf no way.

Bruce never calls it the Batmobile in the comics anyway. At least not in the serious ones. Calls it "The car" which is also cooler than calling it "the tumbler"

Crooklyn said:
trainvo9.jpg
lmao!

all the villains should be referred to by their villain names at least once. and if bruce called himself THE batman, that would have been tremendously stupid.

Then who called him Batman?

And he said 'I'm Batman', so...

he should not have said any name until the newpapers said it.

Nepenthes said:
......What?

Batman: Hey you in the question outfit, stop!! Wait wait....(pulls Gotham Gazzette out of utility belt)here it is!! Riddler!! Hey Riddler!! Stop, man!!"

I like the idea of Batman using their actual names. The reason he does this is to humanize them and not feed their delusions by calling them their "tags". Unless, of course, they don't have a name he's aware of (i.e. Joker). And the Batmobile should be referred to as "the car" by Batman. I like the idea of Alfred using "the Batmobile" as kind of a way to tease Bruce.

strider said:
OK in Begins Ra's al Ghul could be a real name. It's a real arabic word or meaning. Dr. Jonathon Crane or Dr. Crane was used a whole lot more than Scarecrow. The Roman was never even used for Carmine Falcone. Zsasz, well is Zsasz is his real name.

Lets say for example Sal Maroni, Roman Sionis and the Joker are the villians in TDK do you guys think they will keep using their real names and not their comic book villain tags such as Boss Maroni or Black Mask? I know for Joker it's kind of an exception. But I'm even wondering if at some point the Joker does go to trial, will he be given a real name? Unles he's killed before that by someone.

No just no, it might have worked Nesson's Ra's Al Ghul but not gor Joker or any other villain.

Ronny Shade said:
how would that have been stupid?

because it sounds stupid. think about it

"i'm batman" vs. "i'm the batman"

it just sounds stupid to me. why would he say "the"?

Why wouldn't he? It's a stylistic choice. Both are valid.

EDIT: "Batman" is a name "The Batman" is a title. If he wanted to be more of a beast, give him that monster mystique, he'd be "The Batman." Think about it it's "The Wolfman" not "Wolfman." Being "Batman" humanizes him.

Two Face said:
No just no, it might have worked Nesson's Ra's Al Ghul but not gor Joker or any other villain.

Dude get over it if Bruce/Bats and Harvey are friends as well as Gordon and Harvey are friends they will probably NOT call him Two Face...besides Two Face is NOT in this movie...

Names like Two Face, Penguin and Croc work when they are used as cruel taunts. It would make sense for the GCPD and newpapers to refer to the Joker, Catwoman and the Riddler namely by their appropriate media dubbed titles especially before anybody knows theit true identiies. Same with the Mad Hatter, after all he's a man obsessed with the fictional character and Clayface(which ever one used if any) . Mr. Freeze is a great character but the name Victor Fries seems far too coincidental.

Should Batman or Gordon refer to them strictly by their "code names"? Of course not. Before they know the villian's true names? Why not? The names are appropriate and nothing over the top like "Question Man" or "Captain Cold" (sorry Flash fans).

Nepenthes said:

That goddam Batman. you see, whatever it should be done, he's always the opposite. :hyper:

strider said:
Dude get over it if Bruce/Bats and Harvey are friends as well as Gordon and Harvey are friends they will probably NOT call him Two Face...besides Two Face is NOT in this movie...

I'm fan of Harvey Dent/Two-Face, I know that Two-Face won't be in this movie but Dent will be in TDK which he becomes Two-Face in third movie and what's wrong with not calling Dent "Two-Face"? This is like saying Joker won't be called Joker.

Two Face said:
I'm fan of Harvey Dent/Two-Face, I know that Two-Face won't be in this movie but Dent will be in TDK which he becomes Two-Face in third movie and what's wrong with not calling Dent "Two-Face"? .
That's what I'm saying. Most people should refer to him as D.A. Harvey Dent before and after his accident most of the time. I feel that the Joker should be the first one to call him Two Face as a taunt, just to piss him off.

Ronny Shade said:
Why wouldn't he? It's a stylistic choice. Both are valid.

EDIT: "Batman" is a name "The Batman" is a title. If he wanted to be more of a beast, give him that monster mystique, he'd be "The Batman." Think about it it's "The Wolfman" not "Wolfman." Being "Batman" humanizes him.

if he wanted to be a beast, he wouldn't have said anything.

the batman sounds really cool when someone else is referring to him. it doesn't work the same when he's referring to himself.

Spider-Kurt and Azbats are right about everything here. If you disagree with them you are wrong wrong wrong it's that simple no argument don't even try.

FALCONE: "What the hell are you???"

*glass breaks*

BATMAN: "Ask someone else."

El Payaso said:
FALCONE: "What the hell are you???"

*glass breaks*

BATMAN: "Ask someone else."

lol love it man:woot:

people get to carried away on these boards with "Realism", which is odd considering the subject matter we are discussing here.

^ it's not realism. it's tone.

you can watch Burton movies if you don't like a realistic tone (tho I prefer the word 'serious'). That's my main gripe with people who reject Nolan serious tone...wtf are they complaining for they already got the movies they want.

DKR is a perfect example of what BB is following. Serious...but not exactly realistic.

i would mind them using either real or tags.
all that matters is that tdk will kick ass

Spider-Kurt! said:
That's what I'm saying. Most people should refer to him as D.A. Harvey Dent before and after his accident most of the time. I feel that the Joker should be the first one to call him Two Face as a taunt, just to piss him off.

I agree. :up:

Nepenthes said:
Spider-Kurt and Azbats are right about everything here. If you disagree with them you are wrong wrong wrong it's that simple no argument don't even try.
Word!:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"