The Dark Knight Villain Tags or Real names?

Nepenthes said:
^ it's not realism. it's tone.

you can watch Burton movies if you don't like a realistic tone (tho I prefer the word 'serious'). That's my main gripe with people who reject Nolan serious tone...wtf are they complaining for they already got the movies they want.

DKR is a perfect example of what BB is following. Serious...but not exactly realistic.

WORD. I dunno why these people keep whinging about BB when they got films they like. Especially when they start making it personal and saying how they 'hate' Nolan.

"serious, but not exactly realistic"

That's perfect wording for what Batman should be.

"serious, but not exactly realistic" should be put next to other glorious concepts such as "vague sequel." Makes you go wtf, I better go and see the damn movie.

Nepenthes said:
^ it's not realism. it's tone.

you can watch Burton movies if you don't like a realistic tone (tho I prefer the word 'serious'). That's my main gripe with people who reject Nolan serious tone...wtf are they complaining for they already got the movies they want.

DKR is a perfect example of what BB is following. Serious...but not exactly realistic.

WTF is up with all the Burton movie haters?
The way some people make it sound is that they'd rather have Shumacher than Burton!

Comon! How can you not think that Batman and Batman Returns aren't awesome!?:huh: :huh:

I mean, if all superhero movies were "realistic", we wouldn't have half of them!

I like Burton's Batman but Nolan's vision is closer to my vision of Batman. I can't speak for anyone here but I assume that the somewhat negative comments about Burton's version is that, while somewhat serious in tone, the look of the movies were like most of his movies-a fantasy world brought to life. Part of my preference towards Nolan's Batman is that, like my vision of the character itself, it's set in more or less the real world.

and this is how threads get hikacked :whatever:

oh well I think it was done with anyway.

??

How about we don't even call Batman "Batman":o

Well, these are the characters names, if they don't like comic book names they shouldn't be making comic book movies, and let someone else do it. They should use the villian names and that is that.

Well in most comics and in the animated series when Batman faced or was talking about the villains he more often than not used their real names. He usually referred to Two Face as Harvey, Riddler as Nygma, Catwoman as Selina, Scarecrow as Crane etc. So I have no problem with their real names being used as long as they are at least referred to by their codenames at least once during the film.

However, Joker's real name must never be mentioned or known because he should only ever be referred to as the Joker or in the case of Harley Quinn, Mr. J or Puddin'.

I follow Heroes and I find myself annoyed that the characters don't have tags.

Ronny Shade said:
I follow Heroes and I find myself annoyed that the characters don't have tags.

I am sure they will come - the characters havn't gotten their training wheels off yet.

Damn that is a great show. :up:

It is sooooo X-Men.

but I sooo don't care :up:

:down that I follow heroes or :down that I think they should have tags? :huh:

I know. It's fine.

It'd be better if they put on costumes and started fighting robots

I really want to see this series. Stupid UK channels that aren't showing Heroes yet...*grumble*

can't you watch it online? I heard you could watch all the NBC shows online somewhere.

Ronny Shade said:
can't you watch it online? I heard you could watch all the NBC shows online somewhere.
I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip! :) :cool:

If names are available, names will be used.

Think of it as a crime drama, or crime thriller in which the serial killer has a real name and a name that the media calls him, such as "the toothfairy" or "buffalo bill." So, many of the villains will most likely have both a name and a tag name. If the Joker has remained nameless in the comics, then it might be best to keep him nameless.

And in interrogations or confrontations, use both- but use the actual names more than the tag names. Leave the tag lines mostly for the media to use and during the investigation itself from time to time.

I like the idea of Batman calling them by their tags. kinda like in TLH when Bats and Harv were all like "The Roman" and Gordon was like "No! The man's name is Carmine Falcone!"

I like the villian tags we should not know there real names

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"