The Dark Knight Villain Tags or Real names?

Miranda Fox said:
Besides, the whole 'escalation' comment was an indication that the villians - like Batman - would be adopting personas. The names are part of those personas. Also, it's a chance to see Batman's detective work as he tries to find out who these people were. Nothing wrong with villians naming themselves.

Doesn't the Joker have a habit of referring to himself in the third person anyway? As in 'the Joker has spoken?'

I think you need to watch the end of BB again because Gordon never talks about villians taking on personas due to escalation. He's talking about bad guys or the mob upgrading their arsenal and things might be getting out of hand. The he brings up a possible case for Batman to look into: "Joker"

strider said:
I think you need to watch the end of BB again because Gordon never talks about villians taking on personas due to escalation. He's talking about bad guys or the mob upgrading their arsenal and things might be getting out of hand. The he brings up a possible case for Batman to look into: "Joker"

But he highlighted the fact that Batman 'wears a mask' - suggesting the villians would start doing the same. It's what Batman uses to intimidate them with, so they would try and fight fire with fire.

Miranda Fox said:
But he highlighted the fact that Batman 'wears a mask' - suggesting the villians would start doing the same. It's what Batman uses to intimidate them with, so they would try and fight fire with fire.

Yes, Goyer said this in an interview as well. That the extreme personas were the criminals response to Batman.

Ronny Shade said:
I agree with Payaso there on Penguin.
Ronny Shade said:
I agree with Payaso. The newspaper thing is getting old.

Something's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wrong here. :cwink: :woot: :woot:

I want Joker and Catwoman to keep their names. But i'm sure there are some of you that are like, OMG! Joker and Catwoman!that's too unrealistic for the Nolanverse!

Spideyfan01 said:
I want Joker and Catwoman to keep their names. But i'm sure there are some of you that are like, OMG! Joker and Catwoman!that's too unrealistic for the Nolanverse!

Why would anyone say that? :huh:

Are...are you kidding me?

If Joker is in the film, he should be called Joker. Period.

Joker & Two-Face are the only 2 that really need to be called by their "villain names" imo. The others, I would prefer if Bats referred to them by their real names (Cobblepot, Selina, Nygma, etc). Leave the nicknames for the public (i.e. media) to report.

Are...are you kidding me?

Read the damn thread.

I think that all the villains will be called by their real names by the Batman and Gordon. The villains themselves and or the media might refer to them by their tags. Thats what I think....and I also think that a lot of people are going to be upset about it.

Crooklyn said:
Joker & Two-Face are the only 2 that really need to be called by their "villain names" imo. The others, I would prefer if Bats referred to them by their real names (Cobblepot, Selina, Nygma, etc). Leave the nicknames for the public (i.e. media) to report.

That's right ^

Expect I still think a Venqilotrist cameo would be cool in number three. If so the puppet should be called Scarface.

Add me to the list that thinks Batman should have waited until the media tagged him BEFORe using the name himself. When he dragged Falconio out of the car and spoke i kind of cringed. He should have at least said 'I'm THE Batman'.

Nepenthes said:
That's right ^

Expect I still think a Venqilotrist cameo would be cool in number three. If so the puppet should be called Scarface.

Add me to the list that thinks Batman should have waited until the media tagged him BEFORe using the name himself. When he dragged Falconio out of the car and spoke i kind of cringed. He should have at least said 'I'm THE Batman'.

Yeah I agree when he pulled Falcone out of his car. It was like the only 1 of 2 cheesy scenes the entire movie. Everyone else in the movie called him The Bat man.

Crooklyn said:

So in other words copy the Spider-Man movies by having the media nickname the villains?

If Selina dresses like a cat---duh she's Catwoman, she doesn't need someone tagging her to be called it. Plus, she's a "cat burgular."

Edward Nygma---same thing. If he leaves riddles for the cops of course he's going to refer to himself as "The Riddler." Their actions or clothes are what make them who they are.

As for 'Penguin' and other villains then I could see the cops or media labeling them by their names, but you got to remember the unequipped non-comic-reading-audiences won't know who people are unless you give them some kind of name or indication. Otherwise they're walking blind into a dark cave without a flashlight.

NinjaTurtleFan said:
So in other words copy the Spider-Man movies by having the media nickname the villains?

If Selina dresses like a cat---duh she's Catwoman, she doesn't need someone tagging her to be called it. Plus, she's a "cat burgular."

Edward Nygma---same thing. If he leaves riddles for the cops of course he's going to refer to himself as "The Riddler." Their actions or clothes are what make them who they are.

As for 'Penguin' and other villains then I could see the cops or media labeling them by their names, but you got to remember the unequipped non-comic-reading-audiences won't know who people are unless you give them some kind of name or indication. Otherwise they're walking blind into a dark cave without a flashlight.

copying the Spider-Man movies? Dude, that's how it works in real life. The media names all these wierd killers based on their gimmicks, they dont always name themselves. If some criminal appears leaving riddles, the cops will call him The Riddler before he ever has a chance to show up and say "hey guys, i'm the Riddler". Reports of a woman dressed as a cat appear, people will start calling her "the catwoman". Theyre not gonna stop and ask her what she'd like to be called.

Katsuro said:
copying the Spider-Man movies? Dude, that's how it works in real life. The media names all these wierd killers based on their gimmicks, they dont always name themselves. If some criminal appears leaving riddles, the cops will call him The Riddler before he ever has a chance to show up and say "hey guys, i'm the Riddler". Reports of a woman dressed as a cat appear, people will start calling her "the catwoman". Theyre not gonna stop and ask her what she'd like to be called.

I'm not saying they don't, but theatrically this being a superhero movie people will think of Spider-Man due to J.J. and Hoffman are always naming the supervillains, so technically if you look at it from that standpoint people could make the initial observation that it is copying.

I'm not saying that yes the media has a hand in naming killers and bombers alone. Examples: The Unabomber.

I seriously believe the only villain that will be called what they are is The Joker....everyone else has a name so Gordon, Dent & Bats will call them by their real names.

El Payaso said:
Something's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wrong here. :cwink: :woot: :woot:
I've been going through fan turmoil.

hey guys, lets keep these movies reelistic, rite?

no i repeat no! weirdo bad guy names!

two face = harry dent
penguin = oswalt cobblepot

etc

and is it too much to ask to stop calling bruse "bat man?" im sorry. its just totally unbelvable to me.

i kno people are gonna be like what! how can you do that? simple

(komisher gordon is on a roof with the "bat" signal. bruse swoops in.)
komisher gordon: batman, you're here.
bruse: ... call me bruse.

reelism, guys. reelism.

num1batfan said:

two face = harry dent

etc

and is it too much to ask to stop calling bruse "bat man?" im sorry. its just totally unbelvable to me.

reelism, guys. reelism.

"Commissioner" , "Bruce", "realism", and "unbelievable." Just thought I'd correct you. ;)

num1batfan said:

two face = harry dent

etc

reelism, guys. reelism.
trainvo9.jpg

num1batfan said:

two face = harry dent

etc

reelism, guys. reelism.

Uhhh no. Bruse dosn't tell the Komishner his identity just yet (and bro c'mon how can you mispell Bruce? :huh: )

Otherwise yeah. The Joker and Scarecrow are the only villains that refer to themselves with their media tags. If asked, Catwoman just says 'I'm a cat!' and Harvey says 'It's me...Harvey' in two seperate voices.

When they occasionly use their media tags in should be in a self-conscious referentional fashion. They get kicks out of it.

Batman should always say 'I'm THE Bat-man' and he calls all villains by their real names except for the Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"