The Dark Knight Villain Tags or Real names?

strider

Civilian
Reaction score
OK in Begins Ra's al Ghul could be a real name. It's a real arabic word or meaning. Dr. Jonathon Crane or Dr. Crane was used a whole lot more than Scarecrow. The Roman was never even used for Carmine Falcone. Zsasz, well is Zsasz is his real name.

Lets say for example Sal Maroni, Roman Sionis and the Joker are the villians in TDK do you guys think they will keep using their real names and not their comic book villain tags such as Boss Maroni or Black Mask? I know for Joker it's kind of an exception. But I'm even wondering if at some point the Joker does go to trial, will he be given a real name? Unles he's killed before that by someone.

I hope we don't get a name for the Joker.

Serial Killers ar often given codenames by the media, and more often than not, the killers themselves adopt the name given to them...so I have no real problam with using names like The Joker, unless its ome crazy business like having The Penguin actually be half penguin,which is stupid.

Considering number of people in Gotham City, the fact that he has no real identification(ie. fingerprints on record, mug shots, etc.) and the extremeness of his disfigurement, I find it highly unlikely that they will know or ever know The Joker's real idenity.

Boss Maroni isn't much of a 'villain tag'. His crew would say that anyway as a sign of respect.

Black Mask - if they use that name then they have to give a rationale, which means going into detail that might be unneccersary. I think the fact they never referred to Falcone as 'The Roman' provides the answer.

Joker - hadn't occured to me that we might need his real name here. I hope it isn't given....but then sayig that he can't be identified ^ might be a bit of a stretch. DNA? Dental records? Hopefully it's just conveniently avoided.

I still like my idea for a gansta style 'realistic' Killer Croc, with Croc tattoed across his chest or in his teeth. He's all about cultivating his image and a fearsome reputation. Flashy clothes. Jewelry. Corn Rows. 'Croc skin' tattoos. Filed teeth, diamond grill. I can see this character chewing on the policemen and who dare to call him 'Waylon'.

Nepenthes said:
Joker - hadn't occured to me that we might need his real name here. I hope it isn't given....but then sayig that he can't be identified ^ might be a bit of a stretch. DNA? Dental records? Hopefully it's just conveniently avoided.

Doesn't DNA need to be compared to something, like another source? You might have me at the dental records, but then again, it's all about finding them.

Nepenthes said:
I still like my idea for a gansta style 'realistic' Killer Croc, with Croc tattoed across his chest or in his teeth. He's all about cultivating his image and a fearsome reputation. Flashy clothes. Jewelry. Corn Rows. 'Croc skin' tattoos. Filed teeth, diamond grill. I can see this character chewing on the policemen and who dare to call him 'Waylon'.

Dude, f*** your "realism". We have no need of that in these boards.

Killa Croc can be done perfectly well as he is in the comics, just toned down a little.

Excepot for the Joker and Catwoman I prefer the names. God, if for a realistic Penguin I rather 'Oswald Cobblepot.'

haha I said "Killa Croc"

accident. Really.

I agree with Payaso there on Penguin.

Names to keep:
Catwoman
Joker
Harley Quinn
Two Face
Robin (if)
Batgirl (ditto)
Oracle

Rynan said:
Dude, f*** your "realism". We have no need of that in these boards.

Ha ha. Didn't mean to stress you out. Maybe you can avoid your stress by learning some tolerance? Maybe you can begin by tolerating my nutsac?

Ronny Shade said:
haha I said "Killa Croc"

Accident yeah right. Freudian slip! You think Killa Croc is tha shizzle :woot:

'The Penguin' should be what people call Cobblepot behind his back. He hates it. But if that's true you have to get rid of the umbrellas and the birds.

Catwoman never refers to herself as Catwoman but she kinda likes it when media and police say it. If asked who she is, she just says 'I'm a cat' and she thinks it's funny. ha ha I think it's funny.

If I remember my Batman history correctly, the Joker was given his name because of his tendency to use practical jokes to carry out his schemes.

So, it makes sense that the media would give him his name.

No, I don't want us to ever learn who the Joker really is, it's better that way.

The Joker will proboly be "tagged" by the media or the police at one point in TDK but I hope they don't reveal his real name (has it ever been revealed in the comics?)

"Boss" Maroni is a "street" tag, like "Boss" Throne, but they proboly won't use it becasue they never callded Carmine Falcone "the Falcon" in 'Begins'

But I hope they somehow use the tagged "Black Mask" just becasue it's such a cool villian name.

Darknightnomis said:
The Joker will proboly be "tagged" by the media or the police at one point in TDK but I hope they don't reveal his real name (has it ever been revealed in the comics?)

"Boss" Maroni is a "street" tag, like "Boss" Throne, but they proboly won't use it becasue they never callded Carmine Falcone "the Falcon" in 'Begins'

But I hope they somehow use the tagged "Black Mask" just becasue it's such a cool villian name.

It has been in times past, in the first incarnations, but it's better that it doesn't now.

Killer Croc was done well in i think it was Azzarello(sp)'s run on Batman(can't remember what it was called). But basically he was mutated and had a skin disease which gave him the apperance of a reptile-esque creatur. Disgusting. This is perfectly plausible and imo is the way it should be done. I wouldn't really believe it he was literally a walking crocodile.

As for names, i obviously don't want the judge to call 'him' Joker. That can be a name given to him by the media, and other criminal. Just like i wish Bruce didn't call himself 'Batman' in the first film. It should have been assigned to him by the media or cops and then it just stuck. But i do NOT want Joker to have a 'real' name. that would suck.

El Payaso said:
Excepot for the Joker and Catwoman I prefer the names. God, if for a realistic Penguin I rather 'Oswald Cobblepot.'

Yeah, because Selina is her alter-ego, so that should only be used when she's out of the cat-suit. I prefer Cobblepot too, but this name thing all depends on the the particular villain.

Two-face, for example, can be given by the media, but Batman can say Harvey, as he was friends with him.

In the trail situation, what would they call the joker if we never learn his real name?

Aquaman said:
In the trail situation, what would they call the joker if we never learn his real name?

******** MgGhee

If Roman dons the mask than yes he should be referred to as Black Mask but I don't really see him coming into this movie. I still see it being a mobwar between the Thornes and Maronis, with Oswald Cobblepot (who should only be referred to as "Penguin" maybe once or twice and I think Joker should nickname that because of Oswald's features) supplying the weapons to them.

What one must consider is audiences know villain names more than their real aliases. The Joker will probably be named The Joker by the police and the news media because he leaves Joker-cards at the crime scenes.

Aquaman said:

John Doe, Unidentified male, Mr. "Joker".

They're would have to be a meeting about it with the judge.

Tojo said:
Killer Croc was done well in i think it was Azzarello(sp)'s run on Batman(can't remember what it was called). But basically he was mutated and had a skin disease which gave him the apperance of a reptile-esque creatur. Disgusting. This is perfectly plausible and imo is the way it should be done. I wouldn't really believe it he was literally a walking crocodile.

As for names, i obviously don't want the judge to call 'him' Joker. That can be a name given to him by the media, and other criminal. Just like i wish Bruce didn't call himself 'Batman' in the first film. It should have been assigned to him by the media or cops and then it just stuck. But i do NOT want Joker to have a 'real' name. that would suck.

you just took it way to far, Bruce not calling himself Batman?:huh: :whatever: Should the movie have been set in Jersey City instead of the uber fictional and unrealistic Gotham city:whatever:

Eros said:
you just took it way to far, Bruce not calling himself Batman?:huh: :whatever: Should the movie have been set in Jersey City instead of the uber fictional and unrealistic Gotham city:whatever:

I think the media did call him The Bat man...no one really heard him saying he was Batman except for Falcone who probably shat his pants during that dock scene.

I like the use of their real names for the most part.

I think the joker card at the end pretty much shows that Joker has come up with the name for himself.

Adam West said:
I think the joker card at the end pretty much shows that Joker has come up with the name for himself.

Yes. Please. The media or J.J.Jameson giving villains names is not working anymore.

I agree with Payaso. The newspaper thing is getting old.

Besides, the whole 'escalation' comment was an indication that the villians - like Batman - would be adopting personas. The names are part of those personas. Also, it's a chance to see Batman's detective work as he tries to find out who these people were. Nothing wrong with villians naming themselves.

Doesn't the Joker have a habit of referring to himself in the third person anyway? As in 'the Joker has spoken?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"