Sequels Villains of Future Ant-Man Movies

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm going to split this into two discussions: Villains of Hank Pym and villains of Scott Lang. Pym's villains would work best in a prequel, imo, but there's still room for someone from the past coming back.

But for Scott Lang, I think an obvious choice for a sequel's villain would be the Taskmaster. I know he's sort of a mercenary of the Marvel Universe and has fought a lot of people, but he seems more prominent than most when it comes to someone Lang has fought.

I guess the only question is whether you can get a cool battle between someone who shrinks tiny and someone who doesn't.

Taskmaster with Egghead as a mastermind could be cool. I'd love to see Eric O'Grady as the Black Ant in the sequel, although that might be too similar to Yellowjacket in this one.

You could bring in AIM and have MODOK, Graviton, etc. play a role. Hell, you could have Egghead, as head of AIM, assemble a mini Masters of Evil with Graviton, Taskmaster and Whirlwind.

There's a load of one-off villains from his the original 60s comics that would be cool, but I'd like to see them feature in a Hank Pym movie or series. The Protector has a brilliant design that would suit the Cold War period.

Taskmaster or Crossfire as the muscle. Egghead or Dr Nemesis or Modok as the mastermind villain.

I'm going to split this into two discussions: Villains of Hank Pym and villains of Scott Lang. Pym's villains would work best in a prequel, imo, but there's still room for someone from the past coming back.

But for Scott Lang, I think an obvious choice for a sequel's villain would be the Taskmaster. I know he's sort of a mercenary of the Marvel Universe and has fought a lot of people, but he seems more prominent than most when it comes to someone Lang has fought.

I guess the only question is whether you can get a cool battle between someone who shrinks tiny and someone who doesn't.

Taskmaster's first issue was fighting the Pyms and Scott Lang, if I recall correctly.

I imagine rogues galleries for Pym and Lang will be merged, just like I think Mar-Vell and Carol Danvers will have their rogues merged for one unified franchise.

There are a ton of Cold War Marvel villains that would work in a Hank & Janet Cold War era prequel.

There are a ton of Cold War Marvel villains that would work in a Hank & Janet Cold War era prequel.

Most those villains were not very interesting, they don't have much personality. They are villains because they are communists and they communists because they are villains. Communism is just an excuse for them to attack super heroes, rather then a real ideology in comics.

Let's face, Silver age comics never came close to engaging in real intellectual criticism of Marxism, the communist villains thus seems rather lame in retrospect.

It is an adaptation. The writers would change the characters to give them interesting personalities, motivations and backstories just like they have changed the characters they have already adapted.

I'd like to see Egghead, and possibly Crossfire as a henchman. Although, it would be interesting to see Marvel adapt Eric O'Grady, but to use the Black Ant persona his clone had instead.

Either way, I want microverse stuff. Maybe have Scott & Hope searching for Jan there, but at the same time Egghead is trying to discover a way into the microverse or something?

Spencer is giving Ant-Man's rogues a update in his current comics so perhaps they could find a few characters in the new books worth adapting.

Beetle (Janice Lincoln) would make a good arch-nemesis for Wasp.

Spencer is giving Ant-Man's rogues a update in his current comics so perhaps they could find a few characters in the new books worth adapting.

Beetle (Janice Lincoln) would make a good arch-nemesis for Wasp.

I second that except I'd rather see it be Abe Jenkins prior to Thunderbolts. That or Whirlwind. Taskmaster I feel is better off fighting Captain America or Iron Fist, assuming he isn't exclusively at Fox.

I'd be totally down with MODOK for a sequel villain. I remember when this movie was first announced years ago with Wright, I imagined/hoped that they'd attempt MODOK. Bring on the big head!

If this were pre-Phase 2, I would have Pym working on artificial intelligence (ULTRON), with AIM as a direct competitor who tries to get there first by creating a bio-organic solution to artificial intelligence. MODOK's origins would be tied to Pym particles being misused to create a massive, programmable brain. Some of those ideas could still work in the current MCU status quo, I think.

Last edited:
A combo of Egghead and Taskmaster sounds pretty cool. I could easily envision Egghead as an old nemesis of Pym who reemerges in the modern era.

Modok was the villian for the Iron Man script that was floating around forever in the late 90s.

Definitely Modok.

Taskmaster is the villain who is common to Hank, Scott and Jan in the Avengers comics. And since he became an Avengers villain as well, he would have ramifications for the wider universe. He would also seem the most badass of potential threats.

While Egghead is a more personal threat, he might seem a bit silly. And Whirlwind might be used more as a side villain or for a fight only as long as the Ant-Man/ Falcon fight.

I don't know who it should be, but do you guys think there will be a return of Cross? He and red skull have a more ambiguous end and can easily be brought back I think. If the future films explore
spoiler alert :b
going into the subatomic level to rescue Janet, which it was totally set up as in the movie, I could see him also being in there and weaseling his way out. Especially since it seems that he could've also went into the subatomic level with Scott and didn't just implode although I could also be wrong. I think it'd be cool for him to return though since I really enjoyed stoll's performance.

Cross felt like a one and done villain for me. I don't feel like he had any potential as a recurring villain

Whirlwind is a mutant. In the recent Avengers Assembled cartoon his powers were tech based.

Now they can make Whirlwind an Inhuman with the introduction of Terrigen Mist on Agents Of SHIELD.

I think it could actually be a really cool/different idea to have the majority of the film take place in the quantum realm.
the story here would be finding and rescuing Janet. Could you imagine having some trippy awesomeness as Wasp and Ant-man are guided by Hank through the microverse, encountering who knows what down there? I think it has alot of potential as a story without really having a traditional villain.

Taskmaster is the villain who is common to Hank, Scott and Jan in the Avengers comics. And since he became an Avengers villain as well, he would have ramifications for the wider universe. He would also seem the most badass of potential threats.

While Egghead is a more personal threat, he might seem a bit silly. And Whirlwind might be used more as a side villain or for a fight only as long as the Ant-Man/ Falcon fight.
Egghead has a ton of potential as a disgraced rival of Pym's seeking revenge. Unfortuantly, they made Pym a lot more innocent in the film then he should be, making a past as a ruthless business man harder to sell.

They could just take a leaf out of the comics and have Egghead be a disgraced nuclear scientist Pym caught selling secrets to the Soviets or terrorist which leads to Egghead developing a grudge against Pym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"