walmart stampede kills

Wal-Mart has more problems than its bargains... namely it's downright deplorable labor practices both domestically and abroad... which is part of the reason why I never shop there.

Harumph...you're one of "those." :o

Wal-Mart makes Target look like ****ing Saks Fifth Avenue.

And Targets a s***hole.

I hear the guy was like 6`2 and he still got trampled.

So how huge are the deals on Black Friday anyways?

And no one say anything like "to die for", I'm talking percentage wise.

Harumph...you're one of "those." :o

Yes, I am one of "those" who feels that my money shouldn't support business practices which capitalize on the pain and manipulation of employees and sweatshop workers.

you are absolutely right but it's hard to avoid cheap prices.

you are absolutely right but it's hard to avoid cheap prices.

Or you could spend more based on principle, or find another retailer which has low prices... one which doesn't enslave thousands of children or sue their employees to recoup for money spent on employee medical care.

Wal-Mart makes Target look like ****ing Saks Fifth Avenue.

And Targets a s***hole.

I have to disgree with that. Target isn't exactly upscale but their overall quality is much nicer than Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to big retailers. A person would have to go to dollar stores to find crappier items.

As a employee at Wal-Mart, I'm sadly not surprised by this. Christmas time is the absolute worst time of year for us. Instead of seeing the best in humanity, we see the greediest, whiny a-holes you can think of. Add to that 24 hours of bad Christmas music, and its a very unhappy time of year for most of us.

Just remember kids, when you're buying at the check out counter, the cashier hates your guts.

Oh, and we are out of Wii's and converter boxes, and you *****ing at me about it won't change the fact that we don't have any.

sadly it's not just confinded to walmart, anyone working in retail gets screwed this time of year

yesterday i had a woman screaming at me that i was infringing her human rights and ruining her spoilt brats Christmas cause i refused to give her a refund on a shirt that didn't fit

i explained the shop had a 21 day returns policy and she had bought it back at the start of october

Saw this in the news this morning. Absolutely ridiculous. The materialism and greed that revolves around Black Friday is a glaring example of humanity's flaws; this incident only highlights that further. Disgusting.

jag

Well put Jaggy:o

sadly it's not just confinded to walmart, anyone working in retail gets screwed this time of year

yesterday i had a woman screaming at me that i was infringing her human rights and ruining her spoilt brats Christmas cause i refused to give her a refund on a shirt that didn't fit

i explained the shop had a 21 day returns policy and she had bought it back at the start of october

What a dumbass. I hate people who do that. They buy their shee-it and shove it in some corner only to open it six months later and *gasp* surprise, surprise, IT DOESN'T WORK.

I hear the guy was like 6`2 and he still got trampled.

It's hard to withstand a mob of overweight mothers looking for a free DVD player. They're like the Juggarnaut, once they get moving, nothing can stop them.

The sales at Wal-Mart were deadly this year.

I have to disgree with that. Target isn't exactly upscale but their overall quality is much nicer than Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to big retailers. A person would have to go to dollar stores to find crappier items.
Reading comprehension FTW!

awful. This reminds me of when my mother was a manager at Toys R Us during thew christmas when Power Rangers first became huge. She saw a woman ram her cart into a pregnant woman's stomach because the latter was holding the power ranger the ***** wanted.

Reason, morals, and logic go completely out the window. Terrible.

Any one remember the Elmo and Furbie xmas craze?

Or you could spend more based on principle, or find another retailer which has low prices... one which doesn't enslave thousands of children or sue their employees to recoup for money spent on employee medical care.

Is Walmart forcing the children to work or are the children working because it's the best option available to them?

Would you rather these children forced onto the streets doing more demanding labor or starving?

In this economy, it is a little hard to spend more money on items when you don't have to. I understand what you're saying, and I agree, but some of us have employment situations that really control how much we can spend. We have to penny pinch. (There is a reason why Walmart was the only retailer to show gains in revenue and not losses.)

In this economy, it is a little hard to spend more money on items when you don't have to. I understand what you're saying, and I agree, but some of us have employment situations that really control how much we can spend. We have to penny pinch. (There is a reason why Walmart was the only retailer to show gains in revenue and not losses.)

Sounds like someone is channelling Randy Marsh... "This bargain is too great for me, son!"

awful. This reminds me of when my mother was a manager at Toys R Us during thew christmas when Power Rangers first became huge. She saw a woman ram her cart into a pregnant woman's stomach because the latter was holding the power ranger the ***** wanted.

Reason, morals, and logic go completely out the window. Terrible.

i remember the power ranger fiasco . after opening a power ranger doll on christmas morning i could hear my mother muttering " if you only knew what i had to do for that toy...."

When I have kids I am NEVER going to a store at opening to fight for some stupid toy. Ever. And I hate mob style sales. Screw that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"