WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 6 "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" (spoilers)

I speculate that the fortune teller foretold the destruction of Sokovia by the hands of the twins and even tried to kill them by giving them fish for Halloween which probably gave them “Typhus”, they survived and the Sokovian disaster happened, now she’s probably trying to get revenge on SW.

Looking at SW rogues gallery it seems that this villain fits the mold for who is the master manipulator.
Agatha Harkness

It was so cool to see the kids developing their powers :hrt:.

It was so cool to see the kids developing their powers :hrt:.

It appears that their powers and Halloween costumes are based on the characters Wiccan and Speed, both of whom have been said to be reincarnations of Wanda's defunct twins. They share the names Tommy and Billy as well.

Interestingly enough, Alisha Grauso just posted a very telling panel from the comics featuring Wiccan/Billy. :hmm

EuA_h8aVoAEVh1p

Does anyone here still think Pietro is an imposter after this episode?
If anything I'm more drawn to that idea now than before.

He doesn't seem like Foxy Pete drawn from another universe and made part of the town as some speculated, given that he doesn't seem under Wanda's control and is aware of stuff in the MCU's past.

He also doesn't seem like a recast MCU Pietro given the emphasis on his different appearance and Wanda's questioning him and being unsure about his identity and motive, as well as him getting details about their childhood wrong.

He seems to be
- outside Wanda's control and aware of what's going on
- even kind of impressed/pleased about what Wanda did to Westview
- corrupting the twins
- taunting and probing Wanda about her trauma, mentioning her dead parents, reaffirming that "he" (Pietro) did in fact die, telling her Vision's already dead and can't die twice, etc.
- he literally yelled at the twins "Raise Hell, Demon Spawn!", which seems like another line similar to "The devil's in the details - That's not the only place he is" which also happens to fit really well with Tommy and Billy's origins as hex magic constructs created from (or "spawned" from, if you will) parts of the demon Mephisto.

Last edited:
Pietro is definitely shady along with Agnes. He was asking Wanda questions to understand the extent of her powers. And why was Agnes able to break character last episode but in this one, she another mind controlled resident?

Loved the commercial. Definitely reminded me of the 90s. And the theme that magic can’t save you if you’re dying.

Something is definitely off about this Pietro.

I think it says a lot about Vision that his main thought is to help the people in Westview who are clearly suffering. Vision is better than humanity deserves. Vision is a benevolent person and he cares about the sanctity of life above all else.

I'm guessing Vision will recognize Darcy in Westview next episode since he saw her trying to help beyond the barrier. Since he's able to remove the control over people, I imagine they might work together and she could fill him in on what is actually going on.

what about CATARACT ? any theories on that? we know that Darcy sent the info to Woo before going into the hex, but any ideas?

Hayward has some sort of dark secret as well. Is that what Cataract is? Does Hayward actually know what's going on here?

It's interesting that Vision doesn't remember his time as an Avenger. Nor that he's dead. Which poses more questions

Well the bubble alters reality and I guess outside the bubble, Vision is still technically dead and can't live outside of it? Wanda probably doesn't want him to remember his death or the Avengers as well. She seemed OK with that beforehand.

I’m now pretty sure there’s 2 villains in Wandavision and I think I figured out who they are.

WandaVision-Agnes-Herb.jpg

Agatha Harkness - Agnes
She’s the one pulling the strings, she’s the Sokovian fortune teller that gave the twins fish, or she could be seen as the shark in the animated commercial feeding SW magic... she’s the wolf in the red riding hood tale hinted at in the series... In the comics she has a cat and I’m guessing that’s maybe why she killed the dog in the series.

Karl Mordo - Herb
And this one is a bit more of a stretch but he’s in cahoots with Agnes, they talk in the series about Shangri La/Kamar Taj, the boots... the “losing power” line... the library and books... Also taking into his connection with Doctor of Strange and the participation of the Scarlett Witch in Multiverse of Madness.

what about CATARACT ? any theories on that? we know that Darcy sent the info to Woo before going into the hex, but any ideas?
A cataract is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye that leads to a decrease in Vision.
cataract-surgery-complications-1200x630.jpg_h_250

Es6mLCxXMAcwuEk

So I'm guessing it's about whatever he actually was doing/wants with Vision's body.

If anything I'm more drawn to that idea now than before.

He doesn't seem like Foxy Pete drawn from another universe and made part of the town as some speculated, given that he doesn't seem under Wanda's control and is aware of stuff in the MCU's past.

If he's not in some way linked to the Fox universe version, I have to wonder what Disney's intention is in casting Peters. Because if they're not looking at some kind of multiversal narrative going forward, casting Peters is just weird and confusing. There must be some sort of connection, otherwise you wouldn't cast the same actor, because doing so automatically creates that connection for the viewer.

If he's not in some way linked to the Fox universe version, I have to wonder what Disney's intention is in casting Peters. Because if they're not looking at some kind of multiversal narrative going forward, casting Peters is just weird and confusing. There must be some sort of connection, otherwise you wouldn't cast the same actor, because doing so automatically creates that connection for the viewer.
It might've been the combination of 1. Already wanting to cast Evan as whoever he may actually be, 2. Already wanting some involvement/reference to Quicksilver, and 3. Being able to justify it using the sitcom environment to parody recasting, in this case in a particularly meta way.
They don't seem opposed to making some meta references, like the mention of "Kick-Ass" this episode.

anyway, here's some more fun theories and speculation I saw:

My analysis of the animated commercial.

- I think the kid stranded and starving on the island is suppose to simbolize Scarlett Witch, alone/sad inside Westview.

- The shark I guess is the true villain. The old lady in Sokovia that gave the twins fish for Halloween. Whoever she is, she’s controlling everything and manipulating SW. The yoghurt I would say is Vision/Pietro, something to keep SW going even though it’s an illusion of hope.

- The kid dying starved while focusing to open the yoghurt is a metaphor to what the whole objective of the “old lady” is about. Use Scarlett Witch sadness and grief to exploit and probably consume her power while moving certain emotional powerful pawns in order to keep her in check to the point that SW get consumed by this illusion and self destructs.

Agnes and Herb seem to be in on it. Both have shown to know what’s going on and are just playing along keeping up the charade. Either they’re innocent bystanders or they’re pulling the strings.

I read It as vision not being able to live without Wanda's "magic" keeping him alive and inside Westview.

Re: Agnes, maybe She purposefully attracted vision to Ellis street, so that Wanda could expand her world once She noticed Vis got out?

Opening lyrics:
Don't try to fight the chaos.
Don't question what you've done.
The game can try to play us.
Don't let it stop the fun.
Some days it's all confusion.
Easy come and easy go.
But if it's all illusion,
sit back enjoy the show.
Let's keep it going.
Let's keep it going.
Through each distorted day.
Let's keep it going.
Though there may be no way of knowing.
Who's coming by to play.

It seems like it may be telling Wanda to keep it all going without questioning the ethics of what she's doing, maybe?

The last lines are also interesting:
Though there may be no way of knowing.
["Pietro" runs into view]
Who's coming by to play.
[Camera lingers on "Pietro's" freezeframe, who is the only person who has something besides his name, being "as himself"]

I highly doubt it... but WHAT IF the "Luke Skywalker cameo" is this guy that Monica is meeting and it's John Krasinski playing Reed Richards. I could see John being an actor that Paul Bettany would want to work with.

SWORD plant? If he really is (the wrong) Pietro, maybe SWORD pulled him out of that other universe? They did say Hayward had something else up his sleeve.

I'd prefer the "real" villain of the serie a to be magic-based rather than technology-based, also considering the Doctor Strange connection. It's interesting that SWORD Is monitoring Vision, I almost get the feeling that Wandavision is also setting up Ultron's comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"