WandaVision WandaVision: season 1 Episode 9: “Series Finale” (Spoilers)

After a year of pandemic, I've heard some people referring to it as "Covis". How can they get it wrong? :doh:

Co-Vis is when the two Visions were fighting one another. :o

For those interested, according to the official DisneyPlus website for WandaVision, the shortest episode, was the Season Premiere, 30 minutes.
The subsequent episodes were 37, 33, 35, 42, 38 (episodes 6 &7) 47 and, 50.

For those interested, according to the official DisneyPlus website for WandaVision, the shortest episode, was the Season Premiere, 30 minutes.
The subsequent episodes were 37, 33, 35, 42, 38 (episodes 6 &7) 47 and, 50.

But they were really shorter because part of that runtime was the end credits, so you have to subtract about 7 minutes from each one. I wish the episodes were longer overall. They always felt a bit short, especially as the series progressed.

I disagree, shorter is refreshing nowadays. Trim the fat of most shows, it didn’t need any more added to it. Like Mandalorian. Much more re watch value because of it too.

I agree it's nice to have shorter episodes making it an easy watch, if the eps were any longer the show would've just been dragged out too much. I loved the show, it was a great way to start the Disney+ series and can't wait for The Falcon and Winter Soldier now! Hope the rest of the shows are just as good

It made it really easy to watch and not fall behind as I sometimes do on shows with tonnes of episodes per season all with long runtimes.

I don't agree with your interpretation.

I would argue that Wanda didn't even know what was real when the whole thing started. Again, one minute she's crying and the next she's married to Vision in a sitcom. That would be super confusing. She had control over certain aspects (like rewinding the beekeeper), but I doubt she thought it was harmful. She remade the town in her image to make it a happy home.

And again, this was over a week. It happened very fast, including her giving up her family and happiness.
She throws Monica through a wall out of the barrier, fixed the wall, and lied about what happened. This is fact. This happened. Vision offered to leave and she said no they can’t.

I don’t disagree with her confusion at the start but ( possibly due to bad writing) her actions after make her initial confusion less overriding of the choices she made.

She walked out the barrier and then reinforced it so she knew what was going on. And took action to protect it. That wasn’t Agatha.

Whatever her initial confusion was she took responsibility for keeping the outside world out at that moment.

Last edited:
She throws Monica through a wall out of the barrier, fixed the wall, and lied about what happened. This is fact. This happened.

I don’t disagree with her confusion at the start but ( possibly due to bad writing) her actions after make her initial confusion less overriding of the choices she made.

She walked out the barrier and then reinforced it so she knew what was going on. And took action to protect it. That wasn’t Agatha.

Whatever her initial confusion was she took responsibility for keeping the outside world out at that moment.

I've explained my reasoning time and time again in this thread so you do you. But I'm out.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a thread for the behind the scenes look that's coming out tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

But they were really shorter because part of that runtime was the end credits, so you have to subtract about 7 minutes from each one. I wish the episodes were longer overall. They always felt a bit short, especially as the series progressed.
True, although a traditional sitcom would have had commercials that shortened runtime. Although perhaps not seven minutes of commercials for the earliest of shows (weirdly, the more modern it gets, the shorter the runtime theoretically should be). I wonder how much sitcom time each episode had vs. real world time.

I think you're way off base for Wanda's actions. She didn't get caught in a web of lies. Vision told her something was up, they argued, Pietro showed up and reassured her everything was okay, her powers started to go haywire, Agatha intervened when Monica was getting through to her and then Agatha kidnapped her. This happened over a week. I'd say she acted pretty quickly once **** hit the fan. She gave up her family.

I just think it's weird to characterize Wanda's actions as girls gone wild or a web of lies. Feels very dramatic for no reason.

Me, I wonder where this level of unforgiving judgement was with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. *cough*

Matt Shakman was on a comic book.com livestream interview and confirmed that Ralph Bohner just got his superspeed powers from the necklace that Agatha was controlling him with.

Just thought I’d bring that up in case there was any lingering questions about that.

so...i thought it was interesting that agnes said the scarlet witch is supposed to "destroy the world"...but it doesn't mention which world. maybe she destroys some other world and not the one we've seen so far in the MCU? maybe the world means the "world of multiverses?"

This article addresses that:

‘WandaVision’ Showrunner on the Tricky Scarlet Witch Prophecy She Cut

This part is of note:
Schaeffer explains: “The prophecy had to do with her destroying the world. So she’s fighting her identity as the Scarlet Witch, because she doesn’t want to be the person who destroys the world. That was the thing that she was really, really afraid of.” Wanda would then figure out that in order to fulfill the prophecy, she simply had to destroy the hex and free the residents of Westview, New Jersey. Simple as that; a classic case of prophecy wordplay.

“As a writer, I was like, that is so great that we’re all geniuses,” Schaeffer recalls. But ultimately, she explains, that premise got a little too restrictive. Her job, as showrunner of WandaVision, was to set up Wanda—and then send her out into the wider Marvel world for other creators, like Doctor Strange 2 director Sam Raimi, to play with. That kind of smooth creative collaboration requires that no one single writer or director box a character into something the next person can’t get them out of.

Last edited:

No offense Dark Raven, I'm not angry at you just the article. This isn't directed at you.

This is pure f'n clickbait. Like FFS, SHE WENT TO THE MAN'S FRELLING FUNERAL! She went there to pay him her respects. Like gee, did you maybe think going to the funeral, dressing in black, and paying her respects not show she had probably already forgiven him at that point? I don't think we need any further debate and discussion on this.

I think Avengers Endgame more than HINTS that Wanda has forgiven Tony for the bad things that happened in her life.

Also, let's be honest, what happened in her childhood wasn't Tony's fault either. At least not directly.

I doubt she would've attended the funeral of a man she deeply hated and resented and kept her composure in front of his grieving family, widow, and child. Didn't make a scene or speak about how Tony was a dastardly weapons maker who made his fortune selling weapons and profiting off of foreign conflicts that traumatized her.

No offense Dark Raven, I'm not angry at you just the article. This isn't directed at you.

This is pure f'n clickbait. Like FFS, SHE WENT TO THE MAN'S FRELLING FUNERAL! She went there to pay him her respects. Like gee, did you maybe think going to the funeral, dressing in black, and paying her respects not show she had probably already forgiven him at that point? I don't think we need any further debate and discussion on this.

I think Avengers Endgame more than HINTS that Wanda has forgiven Tony for the bad things that happened in her life.

Also, let's be honest, what happened in her childhood wasn't Tony's fault either. At least not directly.

I doubt she would've attended the funeral of a man she deeply hated and resented and kept her composure in front of his grieving family, widow, and child. Didn't make a scene or speak about how Tony was a dastardly weapons maker who made his fortune selling weapons and profiting off of foreign conflicts that traumatized her.

I agree with this. I still wish we had gotten a scene of them reconciling, but its very strongly implied that Wanda had forgiven him by the end. Like, she knows that he gave his life to save the entire universe (even though that meant never seeing Pepper or Morgan again) and she would presumably also have been told by the other Avengers about the pivotal role he played in orchestrating the Time Heist which brought her and everyone else back.

And no, Tony wasn't directly responsible for her parents' death. But he was indirectly, and like he says in his press conference in IM, he had become comfortable being part of a system that was comfortable with zero accountability.

Anyway, my own personal head canon is that some time after AoU, Tony apologized to Wanda and explained to her why for so long he was blind to the consequences of his actions and that in the end it took being blasted by one of his own bombs and ending up on a life-support machine for him to see that what he and his company were doing was wrong.

Last edited:
It is open to interpretation, but I never got the impression that Wanda got over her dislike of Tony. He was the main target of the twins' ire in AOU, even after the two switched sides. She lived in his compound, but Wanda literally had nowhere else to go and at that point Tony had removed himself from the day to day team activities.

She got some payback by hitting him with a couple of sedans in CW. But Tony locked her in his room and then had his buddy hit her with a sonic blast. I still suspect that had something to do with Vision "missing" Sam and crippling Rhodey. Tony's actions put her in a straight jacket in an underwater prison, which she followed up by liberating his superbot.

You never saw any pleasant interactions between the two, which I don't believe was an oversight. And I don't think her attendance at the funeral tells us much. You go to support the mourners, not the deceased. In my head canon Wanda's feelings for Tony went from complete loathing to general dislike. Which is some small improvement.

It is open to interpretation, but I never got the impression that Wanda got over her dislike of Tony. He was the main target of the twins' ire in AOU, even after the two switched sides. She lived in his compound, but Wanda literally had nowhere else to go and at that point Tony had removed himself from the day to day team activities.

She got some payback by hitting him with a couple of sedans in CW. But Tony locked her in his room and then had his buddy hit her with a sonic blast. I still suspect that had something to do with Vision "missing" Sam and crippling Rhodey. Tony's actions put her in a straight jacket in an underwater prison, which she followed up by liberating his superbot.

You never saw any pleasant interactions between the two, which I don't believe was an oversight. And I don't think her attendance at the funeral tells us much. You go to support the mourners, not the deceased. In my head canon Wanda's feelings for Tony went from complete loathing to general dislike. Which is some small improvement.

I saw no hint of forgiveness from WandaVision on that note.

Also, Tony did save her life.

Wanda may have made peace with Tony Stark before, but we certainly were never going to see that in this series. We would never have had a cameo from RDJ to take away the spotlight from Lizzie Olsen, and having yet another RDJ cameo in a Marvel property would send the message that none of them can stand on their own without him.

Perhaps she forgave him, but that wouldn't necessarily mean they were friends afterwards but just civil to each other. That's how it often is in real life anyway. You might forgive someone or they might forgive you, but then there's no real relationship or any kind of friendship afterwards. If you never were friends in the first place, then you might acknowledge each other or even work together but wouldn't hang out together. Unless there were a reason for them to specifically work with each other and get to know one another better, then what reason would there be to become friends?

Me, I suspect that they made a civil peace after AoU. . . which then largely got blown up again during Civil War. You can forgive Tony for various irresponsible deeds in his past that aren't strictly his fault per se, and then nonetheless hold a grudge over his very direct and intentional misdeeds in the immediate now, vis a vis the Accords.

I don't think Tony and Wanda were ever gonna be "friends." Allies and teammates briefly, at best. But I can't imagine either of them were looking to hang out and be buddies outside of work. We all have those co-workers, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"