Warner Bros. to Reboot Lethal Weapon

I don't mind many remakes as long as they are good, but I really didn't want to see this remade. I wanted Lethal Weapon 5! I don't see anybody taking Mel or Golver's spot.

I completely agree on the spending part, but I think they could end up screwing themselves with sales, maybe not this year or next but a time will come when the public is just fed up with remakes, reboots, revivals or whatever you want to call it. the same arguement could be made for sequels, just look at the saw franchise (there actually trying to revive the cow because the milk ran out 5 years ago). If they remake it though I can see riggs being chris klein and Murtaugh being jamie foxx, come one you know you want that.

I thought they were already tired. Attendence has gone down, though that could also be because of 3D. I don't think the problem with Hollywood is greed as much as it is just "playing it safe".

What they need to do is approve more passion projects from big name directors, but for that to happen they need more big name directors haha.

Ditto. I've accepted that more and more remakes each year is the new way of doing things in Hollywood but sometimes they just go to far. Is nothing off limits? Can they not come up with new ideas any more. Influence is the way it used to go. Star Wars, Raiders of The Lost Ark, Jaws, Mad Max..so many other movies of the 70's and 80's were all influenced by other previous works but they also had some orginal ideasmixed in to give us something new. Now its just straight up remakes that are less creative and sophisticated.

Lethal Weapon isn't the greatest movie ever but its one that made an impact and is so defined by Gibson, Glover, and Donner. Just leave it alone.

The Wild Bunch is a classic. Pretty soon we'll be seeing some suit chomping at the bit to remake Dirty Harry, or Citizen Kane, or High Noon.

The only one on that list I find interesting is The WestWorld remake. With todays technology that movie actually could be improved on and I never considered it any kind of masterpiece. I always was curious to see it without the limitations of its time.

A Back to the Future remake will never happen, at least as long as the two Bobs (Gale and Zemeckis) are still around.

There would have been a sequel most likely had Mel Gibson not went on the tirade against his ex.

I typically not a remake/reboot hater, but this one sounds truly unnecessary. Why not just produce a new cop/buddy movie? This one just screams that they're trying to sell tickets using the Lethal Weapon name.

A Back to the Future remake will never happen, at least as long as the two Bobs (Gale and Zemeckis) are still around.

There would have been a sequel most likely had Mel Gibson not went on the tirade against his ex.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=309274

In the last page of that thread, the news is that the sequel was dead long before Mel's marital spat, and his personal life had nothing to do with the development troubles anyway.

I typically not a remake/reboot hater, but this one sounds truly unnecessary. Why not just produce a new cop/buddy movie? This one just screams that they're trying to sell tickets using the Lethal Weapon name.
Exactly right. There's zero need to remake the movie, reboot the franchise, whatever. Just go make your own goddamn buddy cop movie. :cmad:

I think this is a bad, bad idea... shame on u, WB :csad:

found your reboot Duo:oldrazz:
KTM-002117.jpg

01_channing_tatum.jpg

You need a new studio that will take on new projects that are not remakes of decent films...jmho:o

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=309274

In the last page of that thread, the news is that the sequel was dead long before Mel's marital spat, and his personal life had nothing to do with the development troubles anyway.

Exactly right. There's zero need to remake the movie, reboot the franchise, whatever. Just go make your own goddamn buddy cop movie. :cmad:

I remember when talk of another sequel began to quiet down and Donner was kind of annoyed that Silver would go ahead and try to make part 5 without him. So yeah LW5 cooled before Mel's most recent problems.

Anyone who has an iota of love for cinema, I beg you to do the same thing, I'm gonna do, the right thing. All it takes is the most minuscule effort to write to Warner's and tell them to stop. A quick e-mail, or if you've got a spare ten or fifteen minutes a well written letter will not be a burden on you. Please guys, lets step up.

Mail them here:

4000 Warner Blvd Burbank CA 91522

or

E-mail here

Sent them an e-mail. I never thought I would do something like that in my life. I doubt it will get any attention, but by the Gods I've never been so pissed at WB.

Rebooting Lathal Weapon is the most bad idea in the history of bad ideas.

It's just so stupid to remake Leathal Weapon. Image if they remade The Princess Bride. OMG, I don't wanna think about that.

God, now you're going to make me cry.

The only way I'll be happy with this is if they let the Always Sunny cast make it.

On original creation, that doesn't tarnish an action classic, that's who!

Heat Vision said:
The article also mentions that Warner Bros. may be ready to bring Edgar Rice Burrough's Tarzan back to the screen with a new actor in the role of the man raised by the apes. Most recently, there has been a popular Disney animated movie in 1999 as well as a spin-off animated television series, but it's been twenty-six since a live action feature film, that being Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes.

Sometimes I wonder why don't these people do proper research; Tarzan and the Lost City (1998).

2306611020a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"