The Dark Knight Rises Was I the only one shocked during the big reveal?

Gotham Knight

Watchful Protector
Reaction score
I know being as big of a Batman fan as I am, I shouldn't have been. That I should have seen the obvious Talia name cover up, just like with Ra's in Begins. But I was so intensely into the movie towards the end, that knowing the history of the comic books and knowing that Miranda had to be Talia, it's like my brain couldn't acknowledge it when Batman was interrogating Bane about "THE TRIGGA!!!."

Then when she stuck the knife through him, you would have thought that I had no idea that Talia was a character in the DC universe. I even thought that Batman was possibly going to die by hanging(when Bane was covering his neck with the noose). I guess I assumed that in the end Catwoman would someone show up to foil the plan at the last moment. But it really didn't make sense thinking for more than 5 seconds about that as a potential ending. And I was too wrapped up in the moment and not wanting Batman to really die in the film, that I couldn't look that much into it. It played out too fast for my brain to make recognition of it all.

I guess I get sucked into movies sometimes, and all that reading of spoilers and stuff just goes out the window when I'm actually focused and watching the movie. Anyone else shocked at the twist?

It was one of the most unsurprising movie twists I've ever seen. Clear as day pics of Cottiard in LOS garb walking casually with armed LOS men were all over the net a year before the movie's release.

One of the worst kept secrets for a movie.

It was one of the most unsurprising movie twists I've ever seen. Clear as day pics of Cottiard in LOS garb walking casually with armed LOS men were all over the net a year before the movie's release.

Well see, I hadn't seen those pictures. I just knew about the rumors. That's a really different situation you were in. I was referring to people that didn't know it as fact.

I knew she was going to be Talia even before the pics of Marion wearing LOS clothes came up

I mean, Cotillard could easily pass for an Arab woman (one of my friends is from Algeria, and his mom is a carbon copy of Marion; yeah thats one hot milf)

Plus, Miranda Tate ..... sounds made up lol ......but srsly, "Tate" ... "tête", which means "head" - Talia Head- in French, and Marion is French.
See what they did there ? :oldrazz:

I knew she was going to be Talia even before the pics of Marion wearing LOS clothes came up

I mean, Cotillard could easily pass for an Arab woman (one of my friends is from Algeria, and his mom is a carbon copy of Marion; yeah thats one hot milf)

Plus, Miranda Tate ..... sounds made up lol ......but srsly, "Tate" ... "tête", which means "head" - Talia Head- in French, and Marion is French.
See what they did there ?
:oldrazz:
Those sneaky...

A bit. Never saw the pic too and only heard about the rumors. "Restore balance..." was a hint she's Talia.

I avoided all types photo leaks with Marion in LOS gear but with countless rumors of her being Talia I wasn't surprised at all.

I was a bit confused when up till that big reveal Nolan had us fooled in thinking Bane was Ra's Al Ghul's son.

It was baffling to me how easily people here predicted the entire plot of the film. Except maybe JGL's role (a lot of us were convinced of his villainy). Despite how fluidly the dots connected, we were in denial, telling ourselves the plot couldn't be that predictable, that it was Nolan!

Not as bad a secret as the one of Ducard being Ra's, since they goofed on the initial press release, and then the script leaked a year before the movie's release. Like father like daugher eh? :oldrazz:

To me, Tate= Talia was no more of a twist than Dent becoming Two-Face. The thing was, with Dent I was waiting for the turn the whole time whereas with Talia I honestly stopped waiting for it to happen because I didn't want to disappointed if it didn't. When the reveal happened, it actually did shock me.

I had accidentally read the rumor that Tate was going to be Talia, but honestly they did a great job of making me doubt myself as the film went on, and I was definitely surprised when they did the reveal. I really liked all the small hints through her dialogue throughout the film that work both in context and as hints that she knows more than she's letting on.

I was aware of the Miranda/Talia rumours, but I believed that Bane was the child who escaped the prison, and then I thought that he and Miranda/Talia were brother and sister. I thought the revelation that Miranda was Talia would come about differently than it did, so I was surprised when it was revealed that Talia was the child in the prison.

If you saw the pics of "Miranda Tate" in LoS garb, then you were spoiled as I was, but when you didn't, as my brother, he was surprised at the reveal and asked if I expected it too which I told him about the set pics, ALTHOUGH...I still enjoyed the reveal scene as I love the dialogue and it's one of the best scenes in TDKR, imo.

And there are also some who didn't see the set pics and still expected the twist as my friend who saw it the day after the midnight showing and that was his first time seeing TDKR and he said he expected that twist. Either he was lying or not, I didn't ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if people expected some reveal without even seeing the set pics online.

I had accidentally read the rumor that Tate was going to be Talia, but honestly they did a great job of making me doubt myself as the film went on, and I was definitely surprised when they did the reveal. I really liked all the small hints through her dialogue throughout the film that work both in context and as hints that she knows more than she's letting on.

This.

I saw the photos. The moment they start to speak about Ra's heritage its obvious for Batman fans yet Nolan made me doubt until the reveal.

I was aware of the Miranda/Talia rumours, but I believed that Bane was the child who escaped the prison
I knew it was Talia because of the rumours surrounding Joey King (the girl playing young Talia)

To me the bigger shock was that she was actually revealed as TALIA. It was pretty clear to me on the first viewing that she had a hidden agenda and was probably associated with the LoS, but I wasn't sure if she was just going to remain a mystery or end up being a villain but not named as Talia. Since Catwoman didn't get the namedrop I thought it was entirely possible that she could just be a Talia-inspired character but not actually Talia. Glad I was wrong though.

What if Nolan decided to go with Nyssa instead of Tatelia ?

It would definitely be from left field as Talia is a much more known character than Nyssa.

It was baffling to me how easily people here predicted the entire plot of the film. Except maybe JGL's role (a lot of us were convinced of his villainy). Despite how fluidly the dots connected, we were in denial, telling ourselves the plot couldn't be that predictable, that it was Nolan!

I had myself convinced the plot wouldn't be so obvious. Trust Nolan blah, blah, blah.

I unfortunately saw the set pictures. But, during the film, I forgot about them. I forgot all the way up until I saw the collar of a robe like Ra's on Talia during a close up.

I actually convinced myself that Nolan wouldn't do it, and I kept telling myself that throughout the movie. I was pretty shocked when it actually happened. Denial is the only cure for spoilers.

I had myself convinced the plot wouldn't be so obvious. Trust Nolan blah, blah, blah.

Remember when Devin Faraci broke the news that Talia and Bane would lead the LOS in their return to Gotham and would be lovers? We all mocked him. Fuming, we all cried that Nolan won't be that uninspired.

The only thing he got wrong was JGL's role.

Devin's report said that Batman would be taking on Bane while Catwoman took on Talia in the climax. I was fine about the Bane and Talia angle, only was dreading a guy v guy/girl v girl scenario. So he got that wrong. And Bane and Talia weren't lovers either.

I'm starting to really hate spoilers, it really does eat away at the joy of watching movies when things get taken out of context. Glad I'm completely spoiler free so far for Man of Steel, Star Trek and Iron Man 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"