• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We Hate Everything About Everything - Part 21

what are you searching for? maybe we can help you find things or retailers you aren't aware of?

God, I hope so cause Xevo Kurt merch isn't easy to find. My number one thing would be a plush of Xevo Kurt that isn't so tiny (biggest I've found was like seven inches) cause I want snuggles.

My dad is in assisted living and has been about two months now. I’m the only one who visits him. My siblings don’t help at all. I visit almost every single day.

I hate the guilt I put myself through when I’m not able to visit my dad. I just worked 24 hours in two days, and slept more yesterday recovering than I had the entire week prior to those work days. I’m so tired that I still want to sleep but feel horrible about that I might not make it over there two days in a row now.

My dad is in assisted living and has been about two months now. I’m the only one who visits him. My siblings don’t help at all. I visit almost every single day.

I hate the guilt I put myself through when I’m not able to visit my dad. I just worked 24 hours in two days, and slept more yesterday recovering than I had the entire week prior to those work days. I’m so tired that I still want to sleep but feel horrible about that I might not make it over there two days in a row now.

I know it’s cliché but you need to take care of yourself. You can’t help him if you are exhausted.

I hate when my dog gives me whiplash during a walk when she sees a squirrel. :(

I hate when I can’t get a straight answer from management. It always depends on who you ask.

I hate that my son’s middle school basketball team has a two hour practice scheduled on Halloween evening. Maybe they think that 13-14 year olds are too old for trick or treating, but I still think it’s acceptable and besides, it is a holiday that he should be able to celebrate.

They practice every night. One holiday wouldn’t hurt them to take off

I hate it when my Kindle doesn't download a book properly so that it won't open for me to read it and at the same time it won't let me delete it either. It's just sitting there like a tease, taking up memory like a ghostly pig. :mad:

I hate that my son’s middle school basketball team has a two hour practice scheduled on Halloween evening. Maybe they think that 13-14 year olds are too old for trick or treating, but I still think it’s acceptable and besides, it is a holiday that he should be able to celebrate.

They practice every night. One holiday wouldn’t hurt them to take off
Maybe you can put your outfit on early and scare them into having to abandon it. :cwink:

I hate it when my Kindle doesn't download a book properly so that it won't open for me to read it and at the same time it won't let me delete it either. It's just sitting there like a tease, taking up memory like a ghostly pig. :mad:
Can you re-sync?

Can you re-sync?
I rebooted. No good . Turned the wi-fi on and discovered that as one Kindle talked to my other Kindle the sync corrupted the same file on that device as well. I blame the latest update because this never happened before that. Now I'll get the random corrupted file/book here and there. I'm just mad that the only options I get are "mark as read" or "permanently delete." A permanent delete takes it out of your cloud like you never bought it. I am able to read the book on the Kindle app o. My tablet so it's not a total loss. Maybe I could do something via USB and my computer but I fear I'd have to wade through a zillion files to find the corrupted one, so I may not bother. :( Just a pain in the butt.

I rebooted. No good . Turned the wi-fi on and discovered that as one Kindle talked to my other Kindle the sync corrupted the same file on that device as well. I blame the latest update because this never happened before that. Now I'll get the random corrupted file/book here and there. I'm just mad that the only options I get are "mark as read" or "permanently delete." A permanent delete takes it out of your cloud like you never bought it. I am able to read the book on the Kindle app o. My tablet so it's not a total loss. Maybe I could do something via USB and my computer but I fear I'd have to wade through a zillion files to find the corrupted one, so I may not bother. :( Just a pain in the butt.

try reaching out to customer support. they may be able to help. or at least give you the credits to re-buy if you have to permanently delete

I hate that my right ear keeps getting inflamed and trying to get infected. Stupid change of seasons. :cmad:

i kinda hate that i got a promotion and started on the new schedule sunday. i was supposed to be shadowing another manager but he has called out every day, leaving me by myself. i even had to go in on my day off wednesday, so as a result, i've had one full day off since june 3rd, which was yesterday. and i spent 7 hours of that driving/waiting in traffic and waiting 3 hours for an appt with the veteran's administration to try and get my dad's service-connected disability raised.

so i guess i just hate how overwhelmed i am right now?

This is more of a question than anything but it is annoying. A coworker has been wanting to hang out for months and I always said to call any time. We finally decided to go bowling Wednesday but he canceled at the last minute. Red flag number one. We agreed to try again tonight and he again canceled last minute. Something about this guy always seemed a little off to me but now I don’t want to hang out. I just don’t know how to say it.

This is more of a question than anything but it is annoying. A coworker has been wanting to hang out for months and I always said to call any time. We finally decided to go bowling Wednesday but he canceled at the last minute. Red flag number one. We agreed to try again tonight and he again canceled last minute. Something about this guy always seemed a little off to me but now I don’t want to hang out. I just don’t know how to say it.
That would bug me, too. I'm jot good with confrontation so I don't know what to advise other than to keep politely refusing until he stops asking. :(

I came here to vent about something else but my last post is kind of funny. That same coworker convinced me to go bowling again a few weeks ago. I reluctantly showed up but he never did. I actually felt relieved and left. The next day he said he forgot about it and was surprised that I hadn’t called or even seemed upset. Nah man, I’m on to your crap.

Visiting dad is soul draining. He’s never been a positive person but his constant negativity is too damn depressing. I noticed all of the solar panels on local houses and he went on about how they were scams that targeted the elderly. I saw in the news that a woman died in a car accident and he talked about all of the drivers in local accidents are Mexican. He says they all drive crazy in Mexico and this isn’t Mexico.

God, I just can’t talk to him. Anything I say he turns around into something negative and grim. No wonder I’ve spent so much of my life depressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"