Don't Hate The Hater, Hate The Hate! - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how much attention some people pay to something not worthy of much of a fuss, it often overshadows the attention paid to more serious matters

He and another friend of ours were starting to work on their own app games but for some reason that fell through. I think their schedules conflicted too much, not sure. He really does need to start small though. It will be way too hard for him to find a job with a fairly big video game company.

Good luck with your job hunt by the way!
My husband is an app game programmer and he telecommutes from LA with his boss in SF, who does all the art for their games. They just send things to each other via Dropbox, I believe. App games aren't that intensive, graphics wise, so you can do that.

I really recommend him go that route, ESPECIALLY if he's already in the Bay Area. I'm not kidding when I say it's all about apps up there.

I hate that the week's barely started and I've already gotten three rejection e-mails for employment.

I also hate that once I pay my rent this week, I may not have enough left to go see Guardians of the Galaxy.
What kind of jobs are you looking for? I got zilch until I had a few friends in my industry look over my resume. They got me to acknowledge that my side projects were awesome and to be proud of them, and design it that way. All of a sudden I'm getting recruiters calling in from everywhere.

User experience design is pretty hot, though. But even a graphic designer who specializes in UI would get a lot of recruiter calls, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"