Don't Hate The Hater, Hate The Hate! - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finishing up this thread with a rant:

I hate it when people get ******** on Facebook when their friends don't 100% agree with them. "You don't know the whole story!" Well duh, what do you think we're reacting to, our omnipresent knowledge? :doh:

And now this 50-year-old woman is threatening to block me because I had the gall to call her behavior (the one that she wrote about) unnecessary and mean. It's like, "Okay...I didn't say you were a bad person, just calling you out on your behavior, but now you bet my opinion of you has gone downhill...." :o

I may be kind of mean to assume this has something to do with the fact that she's a conservative Republican....:o
This aforementioned lady is still freaking out on me for this, nearly two days later. Telling me what a mean person I am (I did not call her a mean person, I called her behavior mean) and telling me at least 10x that I dogged her on her Facebook feed (I only posted twice on that thread) and who made me moral authority (that's rich, considering she was just ranting on other people's morals).

It's like, you're asking me not to repeat myself and yet you tell me no less than 10 times that I'm a mean person and ruined her life? I mean, wow, lack of self-awareness much? :dry:

I'm not so much upset as I am just fascinated by the depths and extremes of the human ego. On the one hand, everyone gave my sister's ex a fair shake when they broke up (even my parents) even though we all knew she wasn't happy with him for 3 whole years. And now this lady is accusing me of ruining her life because I called her out on what I thought was unnecessary and mean behavior. On Facebook. Maybe I really should count my blessings that my family is sane and raised me to expect sanity.

She told me that if we were talking in person, she'd be yelling in my face. Really? I'd be walking away, I don't take that kind of crap from people. Not even my own husband. Go the eff away until you can have a discussion like an adult.

I even told her I wouldn't be offended if she blocked me, if she needs the space. She elected not to. Maybe she was shocked I didn't freak out on her in turn. :oldrazz:

Humans are a curious lot.

Last edited:
blame "social" media for what i like to call generation ego. everyone is so self involved. the irony of these social media sites, apps and the like that are supposed to make you more "social" really work the opposite way

you can find out what's going on in people's lives without really interacting with them. i find myself withdrawing from it more and more

i value my privacy

I never put anything about me on social media sites. The internet is forever, and once it's out there, everyone can see it.

it's not even that so much for me. if a person wants to know how i'm doing and what's going on in my life, then they'll know, by actually being a part of it lol. not some casual acquaintance whom i rarely interact with. i don't like the idea of people like that knowing every little nuance of my life

blame "social" media for what i like to call generation ego. everyone is so self involved. the irony of these social media sites, apps and the like that are supposed to make you more "social" really work the opposite way

you can find out what's going on in people's lives without really interacting with them. i find myself withdrawing from it more and more

i value my privacy

You are such an old woman.

I never put anything about me on social media sites. The internet is forever, and once it's out there, everyone can see it.

You are such a roody poo scaredy ass.

There's a reason we won't be able to elect anyone to office in 20 years.

Because everyone will be able to see the stupid **** they did and posted to facebook and youtube.

You severely underestimate partisan politics, Mr. Abo. People don't care if their party's representative has something crazy out about them. They'll explain it away the same way they do to their family and friends whenever something crazy happens through Facebook.

Exactly, just sit down, relax, open facebook, and listen to the cool sounds of Keith Sweat.

I'm not letting you people into my facebook pants

i value my privacy

What's funny about the whole thing is that she's accusing people like me (millennials) of being self-involved and having no respect, while she meticulously grooms her Facebook to consist of only people who agree with her rants about liberals and millennials. She just called me out publicly for something I said 3 days ago now. Come on lady, move on!

This usually doesn't happen to me because my peers are liberal and welcome discussion and are self-aware and don't get in a tizzy. It's just SO amusing to see it happen to someone 20 years older than us.

I guess along with media awareness, you also have to learn who is super-protective of their ego and who is more open with theirs.

Person 1 "hey the sky is blue"

Person 2 "is the sky blue?"

Getting pissed that there's an ad that keeps trying to pop up on my iPhone here. It keeps redirecting me to the iPhone App Store every time I go to a new page.

Is there any kind of free adblock for iPhones? It's really annoying.

Getting pissed that there's an ad that keeps trying to pop up on my iPhone here. It keeps redirecting me to the iPhone App Store every time I go to a new page.

Is there any kind of free adblock for iPhones? It's really annoying.

You can purchase the Kaspersky anti-virus version for mobile devices or I'm sure there's an app you can download for your phone.

They all cost money, I'm using this free Adblock browser right now, but it kinda sucks. You can't do multiple tabs and other stuff I can do on my other browser. I guess I'll just use this extensively for SHH, as I don't have a problem with any other site. Kinda annoying.

I hate that at random my phone won't let me visit Blu-ray.com. I go there and after a few seconds my phone does a slight vibrate and it boots me back to Google search.

I hate that since I updated my phone to IOS 7.1, it won't let me open Candy Crush.

They all cost money, I'm using this free Adblock browser right now, but it kinda sucks. You can't do multiple tabs and other stuff I can do on my other browser. I guess I'll just use this extensively for SHH, as I don't have a problem with any other site. Kinda annoying.

What browser are you using?

I hate that since I updated my phone to IOS 7.1, it won't let me open Candy Crush.

Good. I got rid of that after a few minutes as I found it tedious. I honestly don't see the fascination with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"