Weakest MCU film?

I'd put Venoms and Spider-Man 3 over TDW and CM. Maybe even TFA which I think falls off a cliff in its 2nd half

I'd put all seven Sony movies below every MCU film. Well, I haven't even bothered to watch LTBC yet, so six Sony movies.

I think a lot of the characters and actors involved are great. I loved seeing Coulson again and the movie is definitely still fun at times, but the script is just incredibly weak for an MCU movie.

It was fun to see more of Carol after reading some of her stints in X-Men comics back in the day, but things like the badly though-out Skrull plottwist, the whole 'Vers' thing, Fury losing his eye, the awkward first draft scene for the Avengers Initiative etc. were all moments that reminded me a bit of X-Men Origins: Wolverine to be honest. It's not bland like Thor: The Dark World, but it's one of those movies that cheapens the universe a bit for me.

That said, I'm still looking forward to Ms. Marvel and The Marvels and I hope they do right by the actors and characters next time. And it's definitely a case of 'to each their own'. If you enjoyed the movie, more power to you!
The original cast for Karol Danvers was better for me. The one of Age of Ultron. More comic accurate:

The original cast for Karol Danvers was better for me. The one of Age of Ultron. More comic accurate:

She appeared for 3 seconds, how's that enough to determine if she was more comic accurate...unless of course you're going solely by looks alone. And she was only a placeholder. Even if they didn’t cut her out of the scene, she probably was going to get recast anyway.

Her and Spider-Man, yeah. But since the Sony deal wasn't arranged, it's doubtful that Whedon would've gotten that to happen.

That said, it would've been an interesting ending to have Spider-Man and Captain Marvel show up out of nowhere for this new Avengers team.

Interesting point. I guess with the Multiverse, everything is now part of the MCU in some little pocket somewhere. The Fox X-Men films will probably become Multiverse canon too after MOM...

And I'd still argue that the first two Holland Spider-Man films are worse than any of the Raimi films but that's just a matter of personal opinion...

Fair enough. But yeah I do believe they are canon now. I mean... if incredible hulk (different actor, different studio) is mcu canon, and sylvie is canon, and the homecoming trilogy is already Sony, I dont see how tobey and andrew and their respective films (histories) aren't mcu canon.

Therefore ranking MCU movies reclaims them into the fold.

And good point about MOM, I truly think you may be right. What with Scarlet Witch playing such a prominent role. But idk if doing that will really be all that unique of a story after NWH.

Would be amazing to see though.

Idk. Who I would bring back from Fox tbh...

Jackman and Stewart claim to be out. Fassbender, Evan Peters, and McAvoy would be very cool. Ryan Reynolds obviously a possibility... but I think they'd have to recast Wolverine for sure.

So I mean... Who knows how they'd swing all that.

Chris Evans as Torch would be a head trip. Id prefer to not see anyone else from F4.

But I suppose if its just Strange and Wanda diving through universes id be open to seeing just about anything. Chiklis and Evans cameo. Ben affleck! Lol!

Canonizing all of those films makes ranking specifically MCU films pointless and drops the average significantly. :p

I watched Iron Man 2 recently as part of an MCU rewatch and it was worse than I remembered. The whole movie felt like a huge misfire specially when the first one was so great.

In hindsight Iron Man feels like lightning in a bottle, while Iron Man 2 was basically like a bunch of outtakes, questionable decisions and overall a hard one to get through. Definitely bottom tier MCU.

I watched Iron Man 2 recently as part of an MCU rewatch and it was worse than I remembered. The whole movie felt like a huge misfire specially when the first one was so great.

In hindsight Iron Man feels like lightning in a bottle, while Iron Man 2 was basically like a bunch of outtakes, questionable decisions and overall a hard one to get through. Definitely bottom tier MCU.

Not to mention it absolutely wastes Sam Rockwell. It has some things that I like, but generally speaking, not one I'd rewatch in its entirety.

It was kind of painful that even with mostly everyone back it simply didn’t work and I kind of tried to give them a pass because I liked Tony’s Stark and Pepper Potts characters and relationship from Iron Man but not even them where salvageable.

The dialogue gets so rambling at times that is just absurd and the comedic stuff is just so bad. (At a certain point TS quips about “Hammeroids”…) Also Mickey Rourke… Like wtf.

It's always gonna be a shame that we never got a proper Iron Man & War Machine movie.

Really I think IM2 is also the "just add humor to everything" beef I have with a lot of blockbusters nowadays. It just never really took itself seriously

Several. I'm not counting Sony.
I enjoyed most of these but they ( to me ) are the weakest.

Thor 2, IM 2, the eternals,
Dr strange multiverse of madness,
Thor LaT,
avengers age of ultron,
The Marvels, Antman and the wasp Q,
black panther wakanda forever, Shang-chi.
Thor LaT is at the very VERY bottom.

For years I considered The Incredible Hulk to be the weakest only because it felt so out of place within the MCU and for a while it seemed like even they had forgotten about it. But all things considered, it's not a bad movie.

The usual suspects like Thor: The Dark World or Love and Thunder, Iron Man 2, and Eternals are all among the weaker MCU movies but they at least have some redeeming factor to them, whether it's the visual style and refreshing use of actual locations (Eternals), a crowd pleasing moment or two (Iron Man and War Machine teaming up for the first time in Iron Man 2), performances (Christian Bale and Natalie Portman in L&T) or Tom Hiddleston single-handedly carrying the movie on his back (Thor: TDW).

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania has no such redeeming qualities. It's a sloppy mess from the story to the VFX. Not even Paul Rudd or Michelle Pfeiffer can save it. It gets worse on every viewing. To me, that's the weakest MCU movie and I know I'm not alone in that opinion.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is without a doubt their worst movie by a long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"