What could've been...

LostSon88

Superhero
Reaction score
Do you guys ever think of what certain movies would have been had they been casted with their original picks? Would they have been as successful?

Examples:

-Will Smith as Neo in "The Matrix" (turned it down b/c he didn't understand the concept)

-Eddie Murphy as Det. Carter in Rush Hour (turned it down to do 'Holy Man' w/ Jeff Goldblum)

-Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly in BTTF (fired b/c he played the character too 'intense' as opposed to comically like Michael J.)

-Dougray Scott as Logan/Wolverine in X-Men (dropped out due to an injury from MI: 2)

-OJ Simpson as The Terminator (deemed to be 'too nice' Hmm...)

-Stuart Townsand as Aragorn in LOTR (deemed 'too young' by Jackson and co.)

If you know anymore please feel free to share...:)

Sean Connery as Morphius in the Matrix

Alec Baldwin as Batman in Batman 89.
I love Keaton so much, but this would have been awesome I think.

Really? Sean Connery? Never heard that...

Oh and here's another one:

-Billy Crystal as Woody in Toy Story. (or was it Buzz? It was one of them)

Michelle Pfeiffer as Mia Wallace in Pulp Fiction (was Tarrentino's top pick until Uma Thurman auditioned. I personally hate Uma but I thought she did a great job, but I would've loved to have seen Pfeiffer do it as well)

- Jack Nicholson, Frank Sinatra, John Wayne, Steve McQueen or Paul
Newman as Det. Harry Callahan in Dirty Harry (I love Jack more than any other actor but he couldn't have done it better than Eastwood. Same with the rest of those actors)

- Vernoca Cartwright as Ellen Ripley (I'm glad she got Lambert. She would've made an awful Ripley. Weaver IS Ripley)

- Brad Pitt as Russell Hammond in Almost Famous (he dropped out of the project becuase he "didn't get it". Good thing, because it porbably wouldn't be my favorite movie if he was in it)

- Nicolas Cage as Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times At Ridgemont High (was deemed too young due to labor laws. Sean Penn wound up getting it, and it is still his best role IMO. Cage actually idd wind up appearing in the film for a total of 10 - 20 seconds as one of Brad's (Judge Reinhold) coworkers at All American Burger)

- Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Charles Bronson, Kris Kristoferson, Ilya Salkind's wife's dentist, Clint Eastwood or James Caan as Superman in Superman: The Movie (Redford demanded too much money, Eastwood was busy, James Caan thought that the suit was stupid, and the rest screentested but fared poorly. We thankfully got Reeve)

- Goldie Hawn or Ann-Margret as Eve Tessmacher in Superman: The Movie. (Both demanded too much money. I would've preferred both of them to Valerie Perrine (not that she was bad). Especially since Ann-Margret is my all time favorite actress)

Marlon Wayans as Robin in Burtons vission of Batman Forever. Cringe.
Sean Connery as Gandalf. Hmmmm.
Tom Sellick as Indiana Jones. Talk about dodgeing a bullet Speilberg.

- Kurt Russell, Nick Nolte, Christopher Walken, James Caan, Al Pacino and Burt Reynolds as Han Solo

- William Hurt, Kevin Kline, Michael Douglas, Harrison Ford, Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Richard Dreyfuss, Gene Hackman, Robert Redford, and Warren Beatty as Paul Sheldon

- Warren Beatty, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Robert Redford, Ryan O'Neal and Dustin Hoffman as Michael Corleone

Also Robin Williams as Joker and then later as Riddler. Riddler huh..... I can see that.

LostSon88 said:
Will Smith as Neo in "The Matrix" (turned it down b/c he didn't understand the concept)
Movies205 said:
Sean Connery as Morphius in the Matrix
Actually, it was Connery who turned it down because he didn't understand the concept. Smith turned it down to do Wild Wild West. The role of Neo then went to Ewan McGregor and Leonardo DiCaprio before finally settling down with Keanu Reeves after the two turned it down.

I still can't stop thinking of the outcome of Batman Begins if David Boreanaz took the role. I was a big fan of Angel and think he definitely could've worked Batman. I think 2 Fast 2 Furious could've been a more entertaining movie if Vin Diesel came back like he was supposed to.

Poetic Chaos said:
I still can't stop thinking of the outcome of Batman Begins if David Boreanaz took the role. I was a big fan of Angel and think he definitely could've worked Batman. I think 2 Fast 2 Furious could've been a more entertaining movie if Vin Diesel came back like he was supposed to.

You think Boreanaz would have been bad? You should have been here when they said that Eminem could have been Batman. I love Eminem, don't get me wrong, but he's just NOT Batman material.

MaskedManJRK said:
You think Boreanaz would have been bad? You should have been here when they said that Eminem could have been Batman. I love Eminem, don't get me wrong, but he's just NOT Batman material.

No, I think Boreanaz would've been great.

Well...that makes my thread obsolete now doesn't it?

:p

Its all good though...thanks. :up:

EDIT: I didn't know Chris Farley had already RECORDED dialogue for Shrek!

LostSon88 said:
Well...that makes my thread obsolete now doesn't it?

:p

Its all good though...thanks. :up:

LOL, sorry...

It was agreat idea:up:

"Bill Murray

Bill Murray was considered to play Batman."

............my lord....

WeaponZ2 said:
"Bill Murray

Bill Murray was considered to play Batman."

............my lord....

That was before Tim Burton came onboard, though.

People may (without reason, in my opinion) b***h about Burton's movies, but they have to admit that it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

john belushi as peter venkman in ghostbusters...i still think it would have been way better with the cast that the movie was written for (though i still love the movie the way it is)

LostSon88 said:
-Will Smith as Neo in "The Matrix" (turned it down b/c he didn't understand the concept) *After Agent Smith punches him* "Ooohh heelll naaahhh!"

-Eddie Murphy as Det. Carter in Rush Hour (turned it down to do 'Holy Man' w/ Jeff Goldblum) *That stupid laugh everytime Chan talks*

:down

LostSon88 said:
-Will Smith as Neo in "The Matrix" (turned it down b/c he didn't understand the concept)

It was Sean Connery that turned down the role of Morpheus in The Matrix because he didnt understand the concept.

OMG! According to the site, Glen Danzig was concidered to Play Wolverine. I thought about him playing wolverine years before the movie was ever made.

How about:

-Billy Dee Williams as Han Solo in "Star Wars"?

-Billy Dee Williams as Two Face in "Batman Forever"?

-Jake Gyllenhaal as Spider-Man in "Spider-Man"?

-Samantha Mumba as the main heroine in "The Brothers Grimm"?

-Charisma Carpenter as Buffy Summers in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"?

-Leonardo DiCaprio as Robin in "Batman Forever"?

-Adam West as Alfred Pennyworth in "Batman"?

-Ashton Kutcher as Batman in "Batman Begins"?

-Jeremy Irons as Dr. Doom in "Fantastic Four"?

-George Clooney as Mr. Fantastic in "Fantastic Four"?

-Rachel McAdams as The Invisible Woman in "Fantastic Four"?

-Shia LaBeouf as JImmy Olsen in "Superman Returns"?

-Eddie Murphy as Winston Zeddmore in "Ghostbusters"?

-Michael Douglas as John Hartigan in "Sin City"?

-Steve Buscemi as The Yellow Bastard in "Sin City"?

-Christopher Walken as Senator Roarke in "Sin City"?

-Michael Madsen as Marv in "Sin City"?

-Haley Joel Osment as Anakin Skywalker in "Star Wars: Episode I- The Phantom Menace"?

-Ewan McGregor as Remus Lupin in "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"?

-Rowan Atkinson as Lord Voldemort in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"?

-Gary Oldman as the voice of General Grievous in "Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"