The Dark Knight Rises What did you notice after multiple viewings that you didn't in the first?

I picked up on several nods to Batman's villains such as the previously mentioned Deadshot, the scene at the hospital with Gordon and Foley when he mentions giant crocodiles in the sewers, obvious nod to Killer Croc that I missed the first time. :doh:

During the stock exchange bike chase, almost all of Bane's crew, including himself, are wearing helmets that are colored in unique identifiable villain colors. Bane's helmet was red (Red Hood), one had a green helmet (Riddler), another had a light blue/silver helmet (Mr. Freeze). There was a fourth biker but I missed him.

I picked up on several nods to Batman's villains such as the previously mentioned Deadshot, the scene at the hospital with Gordon and Foley when he mentions giant crocodiles in the sewers, obvious nod to Killer Croc that I missed the first time. :doh:

During the stock exchange bike chase, almost all of Bane's crew, including himself, are wearing helmets that are colored in unique identifiable villain colors. Bane's helmet was red (Red Hood), one had a green helmet (Riddler), another had a light blue/silver helmet (Mr. Freeze). There was a fourth biker but I missed him.
The Green helmet dude also had a purple outfit

I wonder if anybody noticed this, which I did my first time watching and thought it was a hint at Talia = Miranda Tate but TOTALLY got lost in my mind during the rest of it:

After Bruce gives Miranda Tate control over Wayne Enterprise or whatever, Dagget goes and has a spazz attack asking for Bane ("Speak of the devil and he shall appear"). He mentions that he didn't get control of Wayne Enterprises like he'd intended, to which Bane replied "Everything is proceeding as expected".

I never understood where Bruce got the "clean slate" from until my second viewing which made it more clear,
Also, when Blake gets the bag with map to the batcave, I wasn't paying attention first time around so that was a little confusing as well.

That after he gives the thing from the emp cannon to Fox, the bat appears and uses the EMP to the tumblers in the city hall... Maybe that explains that there was another bat and that's the way he escaped...

I still not 100% sure where Batman got the clean slate from...

I think Bruce had it all along, sometime during the 8 year gap. What Selina wanted being "too dangerous" for the Gotham people, just like the fusion reactor. Dagget had the patent for it but thought it couldn't be done, and promised Selina lies in order to get Bruce's fingerprints. Bruce probably re-bought that patent when Dagget threw it out and developed it in applied sciences.

Last edited:
The Mountain Dew site had either an ad or url for Rykin Data in one of the Gotham newspapers. Rykin's site had a mentioned of the clean slate. I don't think they called it "clean slate", but the item described sounded exactly like clean slate.

If Dagget got rid of the patent, I guess that makes sense. Something like that would make him a target by powerful criminals.

I noticed executive meddling after multiple viewings.
:oldrazz:

That after he gives the thing from the emp cannon to Fox, the bat appears and uses the EMP to the tumblers in the city hall... Maybe that explains that there was another bat and that's the way he escaped...
You're right in that maybe there was more than one 'BAT' but not because that could be how Batman saved himself but upon a closer look during the end montage with the techinal crew looking over 'The Bat' it's not colored black but kind of grayish and plus what with the radiation the tech crew would've been wearing radiation suits.

Just saw it last again night. Two things stuck out to me:

1. There might be a charcoal-like sketch of Rachel on top of the piano that Alfred uses to get to the Batcave.
2. When Bruce asks what the chanting means, after the guy says "Rise" I swear he makes the 'Dreamworks face'. Hahaha

Has anyone tried to copy down the coordinates on the piece of paper Blake has that leads to the Batcave? :ninja:

Just saw it last again night. Two things stuck out to me:

1. There might be a charcoal-like sketch of Rachel on top of the piano that Alfred uses to get to the Batcave.

I noticed that on my 2nd viewing. :up:

He stated he purchased it to keep it out of the wrong hands. Judging from Daggett's reaction to Catwoman in the scene where she holds him hostage, I'm assuming Batman bought it from Rykin before Daggett purchased the company.

Hence his "gangland myth" comment. It didn't exist because it had already been purchased by someone who wanted to tuck it away.

Also, another thing I just remembered: The tablet that Bane's men used during the Stock Market attack was running Windows XP. :awesome:

Also, another thing I just remembered: The tablet that Bane's men used during the Stock Market attack was running Windows XP. :awesome:

I don't think I would have been able to take Bane seriously as the badass he was if they had been using an ipad.

I noticed that Bane likes to "twiddle" his fingers when he's waiting for something he's ordered to happen.

I also noticed that the National Anthem kid has really lousy breath support when he sings.

Bridges are a recurring visual and story element. One of the first shots of Gotham is one of it's main bridges. This is some very subtle foreshadowing of their destruction later on, but I also think it has some symbolism in terms of narrative; bridging the long proverbial gap between movies

I cheered when I kept seeing the veteran cop ("Oh boy, you are in for a show tonight, son!") show up later on in the movie. He's one of the few cops who escaped the tunnels and is most prominent next to Blake in the rebel troop roll call right before Gordon pays Foley a visit.

WHAT? I didn't notice him later on! The only likable cop (besides Blake and Gordon) in Nolan's trilogy.

WHAT? I didn't notice him later on! The only likable cop (besides Blake and Gordon) in Nolan's trilogy.

Yeah he's stood right by Gordon and is also next to Gordon in the Crane trial scene.

I noticed a '84 Days in Gotham's Siege' (or something to that effect) caption on the newscast as Bruce is watching the events unfold in the prison.

Also, two tears fall from Bane's right eye while Talia is recounting their history.

When Selina leads Batman into the trap, the aspect ratio widens to IMAX as the gate closes. Pretty seamless and cool.

Fox states that he was shuttling all of the defense projects together to get them all under one roof. To keep them from "falling" into the wrong hands...

Later Bane blows the bottom out of Applied Sciences, and a tumbler "falls" into his lair..

:)

Fox states that he was shuttling all of the defense projects together to get them all under one roof. To keep them from "falling" into the wrong hands...

Later Bane blows the bottom out of Applied Sciences, and a tumbler "falls" into his lair..

:)

I thought of that also on my viewing last weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"