What Do/Don't You Want to See from Episode VIII? (TFA SPOILERS INSIDE)

I am curious if Mortis will play a roll.

Oh that would be cool. I really enjoyed that arc on Clone Wars and would love to see it's elements return. My first thought was the stuff in the final 3 episodes of the series would be popping up here considering hearing how out there this film is, but I'd love to see Mortis show up here or elsewhere.

- More Poe! He needs an arc that runs right through the movie as opposed to being absent for half of it. This arc should include a Speederbike chase. :D

- Rey building her own Lightsaber, preferably a dual bladed one.

- Luke and Rey finding the lost Jedi Temple.

- Phasma showing her badass side.

- Kylo Ren with a new, monstrous look, fused with cyborg parts.

- Luke and Rey vs The Knights of Ren

- Luke pulling a TIE Fighter out of the sky with the Force

- R2 and BB-8 working together

- Poe and Rey having some scenes together.

- Mandalorians!

Hell yes. I love all of this.

Give Rey a duel bladed lightsaber, possibly have it yellow.

Definitely would love to see Mandalorians, maybe have one or two in the Knights of Ren.

I really want to see a scene of Luke talking to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan lost Anakin to the dark side, just as Luke did with Kylo Ren. It would be nice seeing the two embracing each other again and Luke asking Obi-Wan how he dealt with the deceit.

As for above, I don't think they can ignore force ghosts. I wouldn't mind even seeing Yoda make an appearance. Nothing that's gonna get in the way of the plot.

As someone mentione above, DO NOT BRING HAN BACK!

Luke in a lightsaber battle. Maybe him and Rey together against Kylo?

Back to some original planets. I was fine not seeing any of the original planets the first 6 movies had, but it would be nice to go back to places like Endor, Hoth, Cloud City or Tattoine. Or what the prequels showed like Naboo or Coruscant. Even if it's short.

Finally, A SHOCKING TWIST. I never got to experience something like Vader revealing he's Luke's father. I can't imagine what peoples reaction were back in the day. I want something that's gonna knock me out of my seat.

There's a lot more I would love to see. Star Wars is back!

I really want to see Luke still in possession of the green lightsaber so that Rey can use his old one for her training. One theory I hope makes it in is that the green lightsaber was originally Qui Gon's lightsaber. Perhaps Rey asks Luke about the origins of his lightsaber and how he got it to which Luke makes a comment along the lines of, "It once belonged to my master's master."

- I would love to see Luke and Rey in the lost Jedi Temple

- I would love to see Evan's Obi wan and Yoda force ghosts

- Rey and Kylo Ren training, which will lead them to become Jedi knight and Sith.

- this will culminate, in episode IX, in an epic battle between Snoke and Luke and Rey and Kylo Ren

- The Kylo Ren side taking more and more the place of the (whinny) Ben Solo side as his Sith formation is more and more complete, making him a way more dangerous character.

- The probable scene when Luke will say to Rey the most famous line from "Empire Strike Back"

- Developing Finn (Wasn't he supposed to have been stolen from his parents ? Lando, I'm calling at you) and Poe Dameron (cruelly underused)

On the other hand (no pun intended), I won't be mad if Rey keeps her right hand intact in episode VIII, if you know what I mean... (She will probably loose it, but it is a little too much for me)

I really want to see Luke still in possession of the green lightsaber so that Rey can use his old one for her training. One theory I hope makes it in is that the green lightsaber was originally Qui Gon's lightsaber. Perhaps Rey asks Luke about the origins of his lightsaber and how he got it to which Luke makes a comment along the lines of, "It once belonged to my master's master."

It's not. Qui-Gon's:
latest

Luke's:
latest

What I want to see:

-Galactic Warfare. Not OT style "First Order has all the resources, the Resistance is on the run" nonsense; I want to see the New Republic rally while the First Order absorbs any other Imperial successor states, and I want space battles in the style of ROTJ at the very least. We don't need to copy the OT or Prequels; give us heroes and villains competing over specific systems.

- Luke experiencing a "How Skywalker got his groove back" arc. He shouldn't be the main protagonist, but I want to see him confront whatever failures he's had, particularly as a teacher and possibly as a parent, and then reemerge as the galaxy's foremost Jedi. And if love to see them give him a Lightside!Vader style ESB fight; let him dominate a Knight of Ren (probably not Kylo) while lecturing him on how the Dark Side blinds you.

- Poe and Finn as a pair of spacefaring BAMFs and best buds. I liked their friendship, and I'm excited to see how the franchise will handle these two. And I'd love to see other Stormtroopers sporadically following Finn's example and falling away from the First Order, maybe making them try and use clones.

-The Knights of Ren as mid level bosses. Kylo should be a major villain who can't lose that many fights, Snoke should be far away from most combat, but these guys can provide our combination real challenge and cannon fodder. Give us one or two Knights with personality, and have them oppose Luke and Rey while Kylo's training. If they are Luke's exstudents, have him address that head on, at least have him try and maybe succeed in converting one back to the Lightside. Give Rey a fight with two of them or something to showcase how dominate a lightsider can be in a fight.

-Milk the Rey and Finn reunion for maximum impact. He came back for her when no one else had before, and she promised to return to him. Let's see some poor Forst Order baddies get caught between the two when they try and meet again. That'll be fun!

What I don't want to see:

- Snoke is Plaguies. We don't need to see Serkis try and out-Palpatine McDiarmid. Make Snoke more unique than just the new Emperor. He shouldn't be a Sith, but something else.

- Hammer in the OT status quo. If the New Republic was completely destroyed and now the First Order gets to be the new barely-challenged Empire, that sucks all the joy out of continuing the story from the OT. The empire was defeated, so let's see that reflected in the galaxy. If Luke and Han and Leia are legends, let's see whole worlds rally to their legacy. Not just cough up the same backs conflict from the 70s.

I hate how people want Thrawn. He's too Star Trek for my taste.

It's not. Qui-Gon's:
latest

Luke's:
latest

Right, but where did he get the crystal from? I just think it would be beyond cool if it was the same blade Qui Gon used which is possible, assuming Obi Wan kept his lightsaber all those years between TPM and ANH.

Right, but where did he get the crystal from? I just think it would be beyond cool if it was the same blade Qui Gon used which is possible, assuming Obi Wan kept his lightsaber all those years between TPM and ANH.

I think that became part of the old EU after TPM was released, didn't it? That Luke went back to Obi-Wan's home and found Qui-Gon's lightsaber and some schematics etc.

They didn't get rid of Shadows of the Empire, so it was still made via directions from Obi-wan's journal. Since the journal still exists in the new material, I'm assuming he makes a crystal.

Maybe an explanation why Leia never became a Jedi. Considering her and Luke are twins and its stated in Return of the Jedi that she has the force, and they show it both in that film when she senses Luke is alive at the end, and in Force Awakens when she can sense right away that Han died.

I doubt they'd bring Han back. He gets stabbed with the makeshift lightsaber, falls down an incredibly deep shaft or whatever you want to call it, and then the place eventually blows up. That would be quite the escape if he didn't actually die. Plus, Ford wanted him to die in Return of the Jedi.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he was in flashbacks, especially of Kylo Ren's or something.

Last edited:
for Benicio del Toro to be a darksider, and for there to be another jedi.

on one side you've got snoke kylo and del toro's character, on the other luke, rey and tba.

I want to see Benicio del Toro! I want him to have a meaty role. Something dark and a bit weird.

I would like to see Leia step up her force abilities. She could have used them to help find Luke all the time he had been missing.

I hope we get a LOT of Poe. I like Finn, but he reminded me a bit too much of Peeta in The Hunger Games movies (and I hate Peeta). It doesn't surprise me that they apparently used Hunger Games scripts for the audition process for the character. I have no problem with Rey being the ultimate badass, but I'd prefer it if our secondary hero was a little less of a dope. Poe seemed more confident and capable than Finn. Of course, I hope Finn also evolves as a character, and I assume he will.

They didn't get rid of Shadows of the Empire, so it was still made via directions from Obi-wan's journal. Since the journal still exists in the new material, I'm assuming he makes a crystal.

Qui-Gon's lightsaber was green. We saw Obi-Wan's lightsaber fall down the shaft. It's speculation, but maybe Obi-Wan saved Qui-Gon's lightsaber, along with Anakin's. I like the idea of Luke going back to Obi-Wan's home on Tatooine and either securing Qui-Gon's lightsaber or using its parts to build his own.

Last edited:
In the current comic books, Luke goes back to Obi Wan's hutt and recovers his journals and Jedi Holocrons. One would assume he got the information from there on how to build a new one. There is also a deleted scene from ROTJ that shows the lightsaber's construction. It wasn't Qui Gon's. Plus I prefer Lke building his own lightsaber. It shows him coming into his own.

If Luke used parts lying around in Obi-Wan's hut I don't find it unreasonable that he used the crystal from Qui-Gon's hilt.

Luke may have been forced to scavenge whatever he could find. I mean, he did have a green saber, and I don't think Luke had gems lying around where else would he get one? But in any case the sabers aren't the same, clearly - the idea is that it was built with the parts from Qui-Gon's. If it's widely accepted that the events in Shadows of the Empire are correct in explaining Luke's new saber in Return of the Jedi then why not go further and say he used parts from Qui-Gon's saber which Obi-Wan kept all these years? I think that's as good an explanation as any my friends.

More Poe. Establish his dynamic with Rey and give the "big three" of this trilogy time to interact as a group.

Give Phasma stuff to do.

Clear up the vagueness about the New Republic, the Resistance, the First Order, and exactly what the status of power is for each. The overall state of the galaxy needs to be made clearer.

No unnecessary rehashing.

If Luke used parts lying around in Obi-Wan's hut I don't find it unreasonable that he used the crystal from Qui-Gon's hilt.

Luke may have been forced to scavenge whatever he could find. I mean, he did have a green saber, and I don't think Luke had gems lying around where else would he get one? But in any case the sabers aren't the same, clearly - the idea is that it was built with the parts from Qui-Gon's. If it's widely accepted that the events in Shadows of the Empire are correct in explaining Luke's new saber in Return of the Jedi then why not go further and say he used parts from Qui-Gon's saber which Obi-Wan kept all these years? I think that's as good an explanation as any my friends.
Luke would probably travel to the planet where all Jedis get their crystals which was depicted in the Clone Wars cartoon. Instructions on to get there would be in the journal. While your idea isn't bad, there really is no reason he would need Qui Gon's crystal. Although I wouldn't mind Qui Gon making an appearance in the new trilogy as a force ghost.

You know what I want to see in VIII? I want to see a scene where Luke talks to the ghost of his dad. That's right, Mark Hamill in a scene with Hayden Christensen, two generations of Star Wars mains in one scene. I know it's in the rumor mill that Christensen is going to be in the film,but still, if it's between these two, why not have it?!

What could they talk about? Maybe Luke is dealing with something Anakin dealt with before, so he seeks advice from the guy himself. Makes sense, maybe something else.

Luke would probably travel to the planet where all Jedis get their crystals which was depicted in the Clone Wars cartoon. Instructions on to get there would be in the journal. While your idea isn't bad, there really is no reason he would need Qui Gon's crystal. Although I wouldn't mind Qui Gon making an appearance in the new trilogy as a force ghost.

I imagine that Luke would've gotten it from Obi-Wan's hut, because honestly where else would Luke get a crystal? I imagine that Palpatine and the Empire would want to control any caches. But why would Obi-Wan have a crystal? It seems likely to me that Obi-Wan would've kept Qui-Gon's lightsaber with him as a memento of his master and taken it with him when he went into hiding on Tatooine. And thus, it would've been passed on to Luke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"