What do you think will be the best upcoming console?

Ouya

Ouya_Console.png

I'll be getting that one too,Xbox 720&PS4 in my room and Ouya in my living room,IF I ever get Nintendo Wii U then living room too!!

Why would you need 4 consoles? I must be crazy, but 1 is enough for me.

I don't"need"4 and your not crazy But like you said..1 is enough for YOU,I just like having many of them that's all,Different features/content&games to enjoy!!!

Yeah, unfortunatelly you can't play every game in only one console. Aside from Halo X-Box doesn't have any exclusive that interests me.

Yeah, unfortunatelly you can't play every game in only one console. Aside from Halo X-Box doesn't have any exclusive that interests me.

Then... don't? :huh:

But whatever works for you really. :)

For my interests in franchises Xbox has Halo/Gears of War&Splinter Cell and Playstation has Uncharted&Little Big Planet while Nintendo has Super Mario,Some consoles has exclusive or early DLC&content,Some games play different&better on certain consoles!!!

Plus I really love apps/features&online content and all consoles are different in that too!

what's confusing? If there's a game on a console you don't have that you really wanna play... You will have multiple consoles, haha.

I used to have a 360, but there were no exclusives i really wanted to play, so I got rid of it. Only regret is that now I want to play Alan wake, but luckily my roommate has 360, so hopefully I can pick it up got cheap.

I don't think the next gen consoles will be too different from each other in power, especially since they'll likely still be limited by the weaker one for multi-platform releases. I'll probably stick with Sony, because their exclusives have been hands down better, imo

But whatever works for you really. :)
I was more talking about every game that interests you, i for example like Halo, Uncharted and Legend of Zelda, however i need to have an X-Box, a Playstation and a Nintendo console to play all of them. And i don't see where you're trying to get with that argument, why shouldn't somebody that want to play various games be able to play them? :huh:

what's confusing? If there's a game on a console you don't have that you really wanna play... You will have multiple consoles, haha.

I used to have a 360, but there were no exclusives i really wanted to play, so I got rid of it. Only regret is that now I want to play Alan wake, but luckily my roommate has 360, so hopefully I can pick it up got cheap.

I don't think the next gen consoles will be too different from each other in power, especially since they'll likely still be limited by the weaker one for multi-platform releases. I'll probably stick with Sony, because their exclusives have been hands down better, imo
If you didn't know somebody that has an X-Box you could play Alan Wake on the PC, it's now available for that platform

Ah, really? When was it released on Pc? That's awesome though, I'll look into it, thanks

I'll probably do what I did last gen and get the Xbox first and then pick up the PS4 after the price has dropped a bit. I'm not particularly attached to the PS exclusives (though I do like them) so I'm willing to wait in regards to those. At the moment I've got no intention to buy the Wii-U, that console will have to prove itself before I travel down that road.

Here's wht the people of EPD.tv /ROTR were told

Podcast

Episode 5: OUYA! Talking with Julie Uhrman

This week on the latest episode of Vic's Basement: Vic and Scott enjoy some idle chitchat with our special guest Ouya CEO Julie Uhrman. Yes, Julie is officially the first woman to visit the show, making her the Neil Armstrong of Vic's Basement.

something from joystiq a few months back if you missed it.

Yes, Ouya is still supporting OnLive

ouya88.jpg
Yes indeed, the Ouya is still planned to have OnLive support at launch. Ouya announced in late July that OnLive cloud game streaming support would be in the Android-powered, Kickstarter-funded open-source console when it launches early next year. Reps from both companies reconfirmed their commitment to the collaboration this afternoon.

If this sounds a bit familiar, it's because OnLive has – in unspecific terms – said as much already. "All previously announced products and services, including those in the works, will continue and there is no expected interruption of any OnLive services," a statement by the company read last Friday. However, we've seen this question pop up repeatedly since last week, so we wanted to state each company's position on the record one last time. Just for you. Yup, you....

source: EPD.TV/ROTR & Joystiq

Wii U kinda wins this by default since they are the only new system. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the Wii U. I think I might get it...

Unless Sony or Microsoft come out of the gate with some crazy new exclusives, I'm sticking to my plan of building a gaming PC. Though I do want to wait and see exactly what comes of Valve's new hardware venture.

I don't care for the Wii-u. As soon as Microsoft and sony make their move, the Wii-u will be a joke. I bought the Wii, and obviously, apart from 3 games (mad world, no more heroes and silent hill shattered memories), it doesn't have much to offer.

I like Halo, gears of War and Alan Wake. But Littlebigplanet is really something unique imo.

i love my ps3 but i don't like that i can't always listen to my music i have stored on it in games. i hope the next version fixes this.

i like sony's systems because they have a 10 year life. remember how fast the xbox games stopped when the 360 came out.
How many PS2 games came out in 2010? MLB 2010: The Show and Toy Story 3: The Game, ported from the Wii version?

"10 year life"... As if a console getting a handful of pitifully minor releases counts as "life." It's all talk when Sony says stuff like that. The PS3 is obviously the life of the Sony brand now.

How many PS2 games came out in 2010? MLB 2010: The Show and Toy Story 3: The Game, ported from the Wii version?

"10 year life"... As if a console getting a handful of pitifully minor releases counts as "life." It's all talk when Sony says stuff like that. The PS3 is obviously the life of the Sony brand now.

His point was that they didn't drop the system after the PS3 came out. Hundreds of games were still developed for the system between 2006 to even now. You can't say the same for the original Xbox.

As far as the OP's question. It's too early to tell. Sony and MS haven't announced anything yet. The rumors surrounding them change daily. I'll just wait and see.

Last edited:
His point was that they didn't drop the system after the PS3 came out. Hundreds of games were still developed for the system between 2006 to even now. You can't say the same for the original Xbox.
Actually, the original Xbox did have games made for it through the year 2006. Like the PS2's releases after the PS3, they weren't relevant games. Things like "Justice League Heroes," "Destroy all Humans 2" and "Spyro" games. Games of that quality.

The year 2007 brought original Xbox games like, "The Da Vinci Code," "Xiaolin Showdown" and "Ratatouille."

Even in the next year it still got "Sports Ports 2008".

So yes, you can say the same for the original Xbox. Most systems receive "support" after their death. It doesn't mean they are still alive. Especially when the big IPs have moved on to the next generation. Once the PS4 comes out, the PS3 and Xbox 360 will keep getting "iCarly" games and other worthless titles like that, but nothing that would make you eager to grab the system. All the "big stuff" gets moved onto current hardware.

MLB The Show 2012 was just released on the PS2 this year. That's pretty big.

Actually, the original Xbox did have games made for it through the year 2006. Like the PS2's releases after the PS3, they weren't relevant games. Things like "Justice League Heroes," "Destroy all Humans 2" and "Spyro" games. Games of that quality.

The year 2007 brought original Xbox games like, "The Da Vinci Code," "Xiaolin Showdown" and "Ratatouille."

Even in the next year it still got "Sports Ports 2008".

So yes, you can say the same for the original Xbox. Most systems receive "support" after their death. It doesn't mean they are still alive. Especially when the big IPs have moved on to the next generation. Once the PS4 comes out, the PS3 and Xbox 360 will keep getting "iCarly" games and other worthless titles like that, but nothing that would make you eager to grab the system. All the "big stuff" gets moved onto current hardware.

Are you seriously saying that the support for Xbox and PS2 have been the same the past 6 years? All I can say is do some more research on it, because there is absolutely no contest. Don't know what else to tell you.

If X-Box gets a blu-ray player, and Playstation makes a system that is easier to program for. Then the next race could really be a close one.

I believe the rumors are pointing to that happening.

I'm thinking that the PS4 is going to be the best console next generation. Sony has really beefed up their first party support this generation while Microsoft has gutted theirs and they seemed to be focused on making a system balanced for entertainment and games while Microsoft seems more focused on dominating the living room. As for the Wii U, I imagine that Nintendo will put out great games for it but third party developers will just give up on it when they don't know how to work the Wii U Gamepad and when the PS4/Xbox 3 come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"