What if...?

Abaddon

Watching
Reaction score
What if they actually presented the "God Loves,Man Kills" storyline true to form,and had Stryker as reverend?Would it have worked it the film,or would they have blended elements of other stories like theyre doing now in X3?:confused:

I'm guessing thats a sign of approval.:o

Abaddon said:
What if they actually presented the "God Loves,Man Kills" storyline true to form,and had Stryker as reverend?Would it have worked it the film,or would they have blended elements of other stories like theyre doing now in X3?:confused:

Stryker needed to have government/military connections in order for the X2 storyline to work. I have more problem with the treatment of Cyclops, Deathstrike and Mastermind.

So do you think they were misused,or that they didn't serve a good purpose in the film?

xmen_godlovesmankills.jpg

^ God Loves, Man Kills is a graphic novel?

I always just assumed that it was just a run in the comics. Hmm...

Anyways, I don't think it would have worked correctly, as was stated, William Stryker needed to have the political connections.

Well he did in the comics,sorta.He served in the amry I believe during Nam or something.

Abaddon said:
So do you think they were misused,or that they didn't serve a good purpose in the film?

Well, editing removed a lot of Cyclops so we suddenly saw him staggering around the base... what had happened to him was a little vague.

Mastermind was poorly adapted/explained. It was intended for him to be Proteus, hence the icon Mystique sees on Stryker's computer. I didn't like the 'muddling' of the character, I didn't like him being in a wheelchair like Xavier, his power was muddled in that he attacked Xavier's mind to cause illusions and yet Storm and Nightcrawler saw the illusion when they teleported in and they had not been mentally attacked (making it more of a reality warp than an illusion).

Deathstryke was the Mystique of X2 - one line of dialogue, there to look cool and deadly. Very underdeveloped. She needs to return in Wolverine's spin-off.

I can understand how editing and time constraints meant Cyclops and Deathstryke got limited screentime. There was no excuse for the Mastermind/Proteus vagueness. A line of dialogue would have sorted it out easily. Xavier or Stryker could have mentioned Proteus or Mastermind. For the sake of following on from Stryker's computer desktop icon, and in leaving Mastermind as an option for the Phoenix saga, it should have been Proteus.
Or Stryker could have had Magneto's daughter Wanda and we could have seen her doing the reality warps on Xavier (as that now seems part of her power, as in the House of M storyline).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"